Fallout 76

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by UnrealGaming, May 30, 2018.

1. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yeah, I think it would be in Bethesda's best interest to just cut their loses. Shut down Bethesda Austin, the studio has shown constantly that they don't know what they are doing.

Move Fallout 76 over to the guys doing ESO and let them try to salvage it, or just let it die.
    But, definitely, Bethesda Austin is just digging a hole they can't get out of, and dragging down Bethesda in general lower and lower.

Solfaur likes this.
  2. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
  3. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    The gift that keeps on giving. lol

cerebus23 likes this.
  4. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Have you ever laughed so hard that you farted?

xD

Kolt likes this.

5. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Amusing video's, i just wish the host wasn't depressed af.

6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I think he is sick of talking about 76 but the train wreck just keeps on chugging.

7. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts

wow i just cant stop loling.

KissSh0t likes this.
  8. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    I know that it has been said countless times, but despite not paying a single cent for this game, it has provided me with so much entertainment!

EDIT: Also, seeing how people can spawn things from Fallout 4 into this, does it finally confirm that F76 is an overpriced multiplayer mod for F4?

cerebus23 and Kolt like this.
  9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I thought it was.

10. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Let's face it, most of us thought that, but now we have direct confirmation.

cerebus23 likes this.

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I think the thing that stands out the most to me is that this decrepit gamebryo engine is not suited for the type of game it is being used for, Bethesda have gotten away with using it for singleplayer games up until this point and thankfully there are clever modders out there that have managed to fix myriad of problems the engine has but now that they are pushing a "live service" it really shows how bad it is for such a task and how bad Bethesda are at creating video games.

12. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    this is becoming sad news. i don't find it funny anymore. people invested time and energy
    on this stupid, full-of-bugs mess.

it won't surprise me if Starfield is gonna be the next Anthem.

13. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    Well, it's not like it wasn't a complete mess right from the start. So I don't feel sorry for those 5 people who stuck to play it, despite everything.

It's true that the engine is just old and with a lot of problems and I simply will not buy next TES or Starfield if they use that engine. However, in this case it is obvious that the studio is mostly at fault, as they don't even test their patches. Otherwise, people playing it wouldn't be able to immediately find new bugs after almost every patch release. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, I find this entire situation hilarious.

Kolt likes this.
  14. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    Having spent two years modding Bethesda games and working with Gamebryo, I do not think Bethesda has ever tested a single patch to any of their games ever. I am saying this with a straight face and completely f-uc-king serious. The number of bugs I've fixed in my mods could fill a moon-sized library and every patch they released would fu_ck up something else. They quite literally -- as we have seen even just in this thread pertaining to F76 -- have zero QA. They do not spend money or time testing, they do not care.

And why would they? The rabid fan boys and girls keep lapping up their crap. As long as people scream like little girls at any mention of 'Elder Scrolls' or 'Fallout' and throw good money after bad at them, they will simply continue to produce crap. Why would they change their business model, when producing crap is clearly profitable?

Stop. Buying. Bethesda. Products.

Nothing will change until you do.

15. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    I disagree. I enjoyed tes series more stock than modded. I prefer bugs instead of crashes. I never cared for QA. The same with Fallout. Bethesda gave the bare minimum and at least it just works. Nvidia hasn't the only one holy grail to pass through with a product that just works.

I cannot recall how many times I have broken my game and I was forced to start anew. At least Bethesda despite the bugs allows you to complete the game and dlcs easily. The worst case scenario you lose achievements or power ups for annoying bugs, not something worse.

16. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Reminds me of EA and the Frostbite engine being shoved into every game, regardless if it is best suited for it or not.
    But at least Frostbite FEELS good. Bethesda's engine is just wrong in every way. I'm replaying Fallout 4 right now and I had to install this mod to get my FPS from dropping to the THIRTIES in the city areas. I still drop down to the lower side of the FPS spectrum but it's much better with that mod. That being said.. why the hell is my computer with an RTX 2080 and 8700k (both very overclocked) getting drops down to the thirties in this fugly game, and why does it take a modder to (somewhat alleviate) fix the FPS? "This mod was created using the Creation Kit and FO4Edit. It rebuilds the Vis and, when needed, Precombined data." - "This mod is designed to make the game load better and Improve FPS when using mods. Performance increases have been 10-20 fps better than vanilla, with most players reporting avg of 50-60 FPS in most areas."

Kind of a joke if you ask me. When I get FPS drops my CPU and GPU utilization are extremely low and you can tell the engine itself has hit a wall. It's an absolute pathetic excuse for an engine from my gaming perspective. No future upgrades will ever make the game run right.. and that's not to factor in the need to cap the FPS to 100 (in my testing anything over will cause lip sync and physics issues) and all the other myriad of glaring issues. The engine needs to be taken out back and shot. It's disgraceful that they are trying to sell *new* software with that engine still.. let alone something "live service".

Bethesda is pretty dead to me as far as future gaming goes. It pains me to know Arkane and id are a part of that company. I hope it all gets turned around or at least those two studios keep managing to do what they've always done (make great games and stick to their own engines)

17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    STEP RIGHT UP LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! THE EXCITEMENT NEVER STOPS!

Dammit I need to make more popcorn....

cerebus23 likes this.
  18. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    This guy must love F76 so much, he keeps crapping out video's.

angelgraves13 likes this.
  19. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    if they had put the game out of it misery or done their job and made a game to release on a real engine, then all those youtubers could not cover the slow motion train wreck (ongoing).

and do we make videos to not be watched?

20. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Well it just keeps going from bad to worse, the hack shown in the video is now live, people are having items stolen, things that people pay actual money for....

If anyone here does actually play FO76 still, do not play it now until Bethesda have done something to remedy this, especially those who have payed money for virtual items within the game, those items can be stolen and you will not get those items back.

cerebus23 likes this.