AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 19.12.2 driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Rufus1

Rufus1 Guest

GPU:
    Rog Strix RX 5700XT
    Ok No Probs but is no hassle to update takes at most half a day

2. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    Some issues I found that maybe might apply to other games and help others.
    • Insurgency Sandstorm
      • Freesync won't work correctly at first if Enhanced Sync and/or Radeon Anti-lag are enabled. The refresh rate ping pongs from 144Hz to some lower Hz (too fast to see) and back to 144Hz constantly. Alt-tabbing fixes it.
      • Enhanced Sync either crashes the game or the game black screens and from there you can't do anything else until the system freezes after a few seconds. The sound would still continue playing. Not a big deal since disabling it fixes it.
    • A plague tale: Innocence
      • Radeon Anti-Lag f*cks up the game audio. Probably because of that annoying sound notification beep. It's pretty funny though. The audio is distorted and everyone has a deep voice. :D
      • Only tried it once but if you alt-tab with RAL enabled, graphics driver goes nope, black screens and system freezes.

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Dont use freesync with enhanced sync, they are not working well together. Anti lag should not be used unless you are specifically gpu bound.

4. NAZ2222

NAZ2222 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC 6800XT 16G
    What I dont understand is that most games are GPU bound no? So it should be used for any game specially at +-60fps correct?

5. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    I'm not having any performance troubles, so i am curious why did you make that comment?

6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Not always. Depends on the game and game level. It lets gpu doing all the work reducing the input lag in process. Having a slow cpu i think feature becomes useless. If gpu usage drops and you become cpu limited its basically not working and only making things worse.

7. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    In other games freesync and enhanced sync work fine together. I am GPU bound in A plague tale. Not that it matters in that game though. But it still shouldn't cause that issue. Just saying if somebody else encounters these issues, disable RAL and/or ES.

8. Rufus1

Rufus1 Guest

GPU:
    Rog Strix RX 5700XT
    Would you buy an iPhone 4 instead of an iPhone x if it was same price

9. Rufus1

Rufus1 Guest

GPU:
    Rog Strix RX 5700XT
    But the GPU is supposed to be "bound" thats what it is for graphics

10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Though some games are still using caps on either resolution or framerate or at worst both or issues with a game might need a cap on a lower framerate such as animations or various physics calculations. (Elder Scrolls as a example of how that goes although it has improved in newer games from Bethesda at least.)

Halo Master Chief Collection until it's patched I believe gets increasingly erratic over 60 FPS for a recent example but even then the game has limited settings and isn't very demanding so even a modest GPU will hit a very high framerate here. :)
    (And thus the limitation shifts from GPU to CPU.)

Hmm but I thought enabling enhanced sync grayed out (And hopefully disabled!) incompatible settings now when flipped on and as such FreeSync would also disabled E.Sync though perhaps that's not the case hmm I don't have the display hardware to actually check that though.

EDIT: But there's probably still some issue here, Enhanced Sync is also still not quite right on Navi GPU models either but that seems like it's being fixed for 19.12.3 or what it'll be called.
    (If I remember the list of fixed issues right at least.)

11. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    Is there a way to disable that little timer in left corner while recording with relive? It was possible in previous drivers.

12. °L°

°L° Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    - radeon enhance sync make the game league of legends to be stuck after a alt+tab on pc screen
    - once i plug to 4k hdr tv screen, the card tries to use hdr then go back to normal, and i got got grey screen, then bkack screen

13. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT
    I've seen this linked on the AMD forum, hopefully it's what you want: link
    (beware, elevator music on clip)

OnnA and passenger like this.
  14. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    Thank you so much Alley!

AlleyViper likes this.
  15. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    you didn't answer my question. Good luck using windows 10, I'm just fine using Windows 7. :)

16. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    You might not be GPU bottlenecked in every situation. It depends on the game, resolution, graphics settings selected and if frame capped.

17. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    You do realize that Xbox one, s, x use windows 10 base, so, windows 7 is not even for gaming anymore. Beginning from next year, there will no be any more windows 7 drivers (like 32bit drivers died already), if you won't move on, you should disconnect The Internet. Do not except proper behavior from any app and driver from 2020 and on. Systems with older than Windows 10 based OS, are EOL. Games not working properly after driver update, are not supported from AMD. AMD gives for couple of months more W7 drivers for compatibility and migration reasons. This is the end of the road.

18. Rufus1

Rufus1 Guest

GPU:
    Rog Strix RX 5700XT
    Glad somebody else realises that technology moves on

19. Rufus1

Rufus1 Guest

GPU:
    Rog Strix RX 5700XT
    MyEinsamkeit

I was only trying to help so you could get the best performance for your system you wouldnt use xp would you for new games I thought forums where for help not point scoring and bickering

20. Rufus1

Rufus1 Guest

GPU:
    Rog Strix RX 5700XT
    Fallout 76 with freesync 24fps without freesync 72fps so