Senua's Saga: Hellblade 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Carfax, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    All of this was done in engine, on UE4 presumably. Looks very impressive! Ninja Theory are certainly masterful with UE4, as they've shown multiple times before. I tried getting into the first one but I found the whole mental illness and hallucination thing really annoying. I hope this second one is much better.

At any rate, it will be a launch title for Microsoft's next gen console, the Xbox series X:

SpajdrEX and cerebus23 like this.
  2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Just recently got this for the pc, Have yet to play it heard great thing about the game, Then again I heard great things about Sekiro and I am not fan of Sekiro combat I find simplistic and boring.

3. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Forgot to add the trailer was rendered in real time as well, on the XSX. That's certainly an accomplishment if you ask me. :cool:

4. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    If you don't mind slow gameplay, then you probably won't mind it. Personally I never liked it, but to each his own as they say.

I would have preferred if they had left the mental illness part out of it, and just remained with the narrative of an ancient female Pict warrior attempting to rescue her beloved or some such from the Vikings.

5. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I loved the first Hellblade.
    It's a beautiful game, in both it's presentation and it's story.

But, there's no way they were doing the game without Senua suffering from psychosis. That was a key design point from day one, they spent massive amounts of time and energy to make sure it was handled properly.
    Having people who suffer from it offer direction, playtest and experience the game to make sure it was shown correctly.

AuerX and cerebus23 like this.
  6. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    That, and they specifically recorded binaural sound -- and actors actually physically walking around the setup as they spoke, so you get real placement in 3D space around your head and far/close to your ears -- which no other game ever has had. You need to play it with headphones, and says this specifically when it starts up. It's simply amazing, and an experienced not to be missed for any gamer.

AuerX and cerebus23 like this.
  7. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I thought the actual gameplay/combat of the first Hellblade was really generic and bad on PC, but the story and atmosphere completely made up for it. If I remember it was a game where you had to 'focus on the target' and toggle between enemies instead of being able to fluidly use the mouse to combat/navigate. It felt like it was completely designed around a controller and felt very simplistic in that regard. It's been a while since I played it but that's what I remember dealing with. Personally I really dislike games that don't let you control the camera and direction of your attack without having to focus on a specific target. And if I have to focus, let me fluidly select the target and not have to cycle. I don't like controllers and like to use the mouse and keyboard at all times if possible.

It was still a good game that I would recommend based off the entire package and everything else outside of the actual combat.

MaXThReAT likes this.
  8. chix_AHOY

chix_AHOY Active Member

GPU:
    RX 470 4gb
    Microsoft was impressed with the success of Hellblade and they acquired Ninja Theory to make this sequel.

9. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Well, MS have been pushing their PC support extremely hard.
    Their priority titles, HALO Infinite and Gears 5... are coming to PC, MCC coming to PC...

And given Ninja Theories PC history, I'd like to think this will also be on PC.
    I loved Hellblade, if the sequel does not come to PC... I will be beyond sad.

10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    gears 5 is already on pc o_O

11. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    When games start looking as good in real time as Blizzard' cinematics 20 years ago.

12. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yes, I know. I played it on PC.

I meant that as it "MS are putting a focus on PC by bringing their big titles to PC" in a general term. Not that they were bringing it to PC in the future.

cerebus23 likes this.
  13. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Trailer looks impressive. First game was decent, ending was insane so im surprised she is alive.

14. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Remember the RTX showcase Stormtrooper demo that was also rendered in real time at Nvidia's event? And the games that won't look anything like that for a few good years.

Being rendered in real time and looking like that while the game is running are 2 different things.

cerebus23 likes this.
  15. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Oh yes please! love the first game. Actually replaying it now on VR!! An amazing experience.

16. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    after the exclusivity period most those console units have exclusives llimited shelf life.

think many ps4 are moving on god of war still?

no so really after a year or 2 the upside of breaking that exclusive barrier and putting your stuff on pc nets you more gains than losses on the consoles sides.

sony gets this.

17. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Yep, there is literally zero reasons to buy a Xbox these day, if you have anything like a mid tier gaming PC.

cerebus23 likes this.
  18. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    I liked the first one,makes this a insta buy like Cyberpunk.

19. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Yes, but this was rendered in real time on what will likely be a $500 console and not a mini server which cost over $120,000. That's a big difference.

20. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    It was rendered in engine, it was not gameplay.
    Engines are capable of amazing things. Look back at the Samaritan tech demo for Unreal Engine 3.

I take this trailer more as "the engine is capable of this", doesn't mean the game will look like that.

Shataan likes this.