AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 19.12.2 driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 10, 2019.

1. mustdiex

mustdiex Active Member

GPU:
    what should i set for the cleanest image ? (red redemption 2) game [​IMG]

2. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT SWFT
    Ok...sure...thanks for the valuable input.

3. ManofGod

ManofGod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
    Ok, I am having a problem that maybe someone can help me resolve. On my Vega 56 / R7 1700 / Asrock B350 mITX Fatality System, everything is good. Also, on my RX5700 / R5 2600 / B450 mITX system, everything is good there as well. However, on my Asus Vega 64 Strix / R5 1600 / Asrock Taichi X370 system, this is the problem: It detects the video card again and again, like when I login or when I run 3D Mark 11. (It detects it like the driver is being installed although it already is.)

Any ideas? Thanks. Oh, and if I use 19.2.1 or earlier, I do not have that issue. (I could have sworn I have seen this issue in the far past but I do not remember for sure.) I run Corsair iQue on all 3 computers, as well.

4. paulco

paulco Member

GPU:
    Nitro+ RX6900XT
    Minor bug ?(for me), when I first start up (after full shutdown) have occasional screen flicker for first 10-15 minutes, then goes away (not had it on any previous driver).

And the newer dated driver (as posted by Ray_m on amd forum) added support for 55xt card.
    Haven't played with all new settings yet ( I rarely use any of them).

5. paulco

paulco Member

GPU:
    Nitro+ RX6900XT
    Not sure what your asking, is it for radeon graphics//game/radeon mod. settings.
    Are you looking for graphics quality over fps (or some middle range), don't have the game myself, but have you read some (name of game) graphics performance tweak guides, and played/modified with suggested settings.

6. mustdiex

mustdiex Active Member

GPU:
    should I increase or decrease this for image quality ?

7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Far as clearing up RDR2 that would probably come from using sharpening starting at 50% strength to counter but not over sharpen the image for the games usage of temporal anti-aliasing which do come with some blurriness for temporal stability so objects in motion look less aliased and stuff like grass or vegetation flickering and that sort of thing.
    (Not quite perfect but it sorta works though the game itself having a sharpen component for TAA would put it where it's needed and not on top of the entire image but it still gets results.)

Texture filter setting up to highest instead of the default mid option might improve things a little bit (Lower will outright destroy texture quality.) as well but then that's about it for settings that directly affect image quality, AA can't really be forced and the overrides mostly need compatibility profiles or rely on MSAA and altering how this is applied which isn't as common in newer games or incur a hefty performance penalty and even more if overriden in how it's applied.

Anisotropic filtering can be useful but if the game already has a setting for it then it won't be doing much as the main game textures will already get filtering to look less blurred at a distance or at steeper viewing angles. :)

mustdiex likes this.
  8. pogodancer

pogodancer Member

GPU:
    Sapp. Pulse 7900XT
    From the side of performance the new driver (reuploaded by amd) is great, apart from not working relive...everything runs smooth without need of anti lag and boost etc... thats the point i can wait for minor fix for relive, now i'm satisfied with the release

9. Kutep0v

Kutep0v Member

GPU:
    3080 Ti GameRock OC
    I'm facing problems too. Stutters every two seconds if the Relive Instant Replay is enabled, even in old games, that are over 10 years old. Various combinations of encoder and buffer don't change anything.

About overlay and BF4:
    Impossible to play. Pressing almost any key on the keyboard activates a random feature in the overlay. You are probably annoyed by the beep when you start the game with anti-lag? This damn beep each press! No, these were not combinations, just single press' WASD or Ctrl/Shift. Other overlays are disabled, the Radeon cannot conflict with anything. Several Alt-Tabs can solve the problem until the next launch.

Adrenaline 2020 is just awful in its current state. I hope in the next release they will return the ability to install the display driver only.

10. pogodancer

pogodancer Member

GPU:
    Sapp. Pulse 7900XT
    I dowloaded the "reupload" driver and made a clean install through the setup (not using DDU) - it wasnt much of clean install but performance is great but instant replay and recording thgrough relive is "off" regardless the settings I make is it on or off ... relive is not as important as quality of game without stuttering

11. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    If it's still missing the files for x264 HW video accelerated work then that might be why, will be redownloading the driver later today and see if it's changed but if not then it might have some issues and a few files seemed kinda important so no idea what's going on there.

EDIT: This driver somehow has two topics going for it or well one's Adrenaline 2020 and the other is 19.12.2 but yeah.

It's these files.

amdacpksd.sys
    amdgpuv.sys
    amdgpuvumed.dll
    amdkmpfd.csz
    amdkmpfd.isz
    amdkmpfd.ssz
    amdmftdecoder_32.dll
    amdmftdecoder_64.dll
    amdmftvideodecoder_32.dll
    amdmftvideodecoder_64.dll
    amdverag.dll
    atitmm64.dll
    ativvsnl.dat
    ativvsny.dat

Which for this re-released version those aren't found in here.

C:\Downloads\AMD_Display\Packages\Drivers\Display\WT6A_INF\B349558\
    (Or where the archive gets unpacked.)

So instead of 165 some .dll files it's down to 151 and well some of these are sys drivers, one's part of the hardware decoder playback though there's others too and those are still there and then a bunch of other .dat and .dll files I'm not 100% on what these are used for.

EDIT: Also come to think of it on doing a clean install back when I picked up the 5700 the driver defaulted from nothing to the U*.inf and the DCH driver which doesn't install certain components instead of the C*.inf and using the standard driver installation process instead of this little updated Windows 10 variant.

Could be something but it might not be anything, installs the drivers and a few things but it skips certain parts like the additional media and audio stuff as well.
    (Most parts also install to C:\Windows instead of C:\Program Files as part of DCH and how that works as I recall.)

DSEManager.exe for example not being in the list of running processes would be one way to see it or just with GPU-Z and if the driver lists (DCH) in it's name which well would be the DCH version of the driver being installed.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
  12. ablev

ablev Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapph Nitro+ 5700XT
    For me too.
    With these drivers i can´t play Borderlands 3.
    My 1. installation was over the top of the old 12.1. driver.
    I will play my borderlamds 3, but after a few seconds ingame the game crashes and freeze my pc.
    So i must reset my pc.
    Ok, i deinstalled the driver and clean with DDU, when i make a fresh install with the updated 12.2 driver from yesterday.
    But i had the same result, after few seconds borderlands 3 crashes.
    Then i´m back to 19.12.1 and the game runs without a problem.
    I don´t understand it.
    My system is an intel core5 7600k, a sapphire nitro+ 5700 xt, 24 gb ram and win 10 64 bit.
    I hope of a next driver update and sorry for my bad english.

13. grumpynator

grumpynator Member

GPU:
    tuf 5700rx 8gb
    i have found why my games crash but cant find fix have tried to down clock gpu mem from 3000 to 1750 as its should be new drivers over clock my mem 3000

14. morrk

morrk Member

GPU:
    Red Devil 6800XT
    Most stable driver for my Vega in a very long time. Multiple screen blackout issue seems to be sorted, or at the very least 99% more stable.
    Did have an issue with the original release AMD new settings app that would make my screens flicker and blackout in turn while the app was open but this seems to have been sorted with the 12/12 release. Either that, or the reinstall helped.
    Thanks for finally making things better, AMD!

OnnA likes this.
  15. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Tested so far with 2020 Adrenalin:

BL3 = OK (Dx12/11)
    BFV = Ok
    MtG Arena = Ok
    The Outer Worlds = Ok
    The Bards Tale IV = Ok
    Heroes VII = Ok
    AC Origins = Ok
    Far Cry 5 = Ok
    Forza H4 & MS7 = Ok

Overaly & Settings working just fine :p

HK-1 and bernek like this.

16. densou

densou Member Guru

GPU:
    3070 Twin Edge OC
    oh c'm on....I got rid of MPC-HC because of LAV, stick with MPC-BE ( plus madVR ofc ) and enjoy your playback ;)

(and I'm not red sided atm :( )

17. Jayson

Jayson Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon RX 580 8GB
    I have the launch day driver and my ReLive is working fine. I use instant replay all the time.

JonasBeckman likes this.
  18. z8373767

z8373767 Master Guru

GPU:
    6900XT/8650G+7970M
    Integer Scaler and RIS seems to work fine on R9 Fury. I see improve in fluidity on CS:GO while Anti-Lag is ON. In-game Overlay is much better than previous one.

EDIT:
    Toggling MSAA trigger driver crash, but after restart driver MSAA works.
    Same thing do Gothic Playable Teaser, i thinking about UE4 do crashes and im right.
    GPT using some older UE4 builds/dlls, which operate conflict with Radeon Drivers.

Dead By Daylight works fine for example.

19. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    Before this great December 10th driver I had various issues with my Sapphire RX580 fans were revving up to 3200rps for no real reason at 70c now are back to default maximum of 2300rpm with mantioned temperature, AMD's zero rpm works great and is controllable within new redeon settings. Radeon Overlay works perfect, fps counter was always hit or miss before. As for elevated memory clock I'v found the solution and you can find it in my the thread, now clocks are 300/300Mhz at idle. RIS is great and much better than any of third party methods, new Radeon settings launches instantly, I'm happy to see that Fluid motion is here to stay and it works fine. I feel that Lisa kicked some assets in AMD :) Thanks AMD!

20. Jayson

Jayson Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon RX 580 8GB
    I'm using the instant replay feature which means I'm technically always recording and I haven't noticed any change to the input response. I play competitive Rocket League and I would instantly know if there's any additional input lag since it's a very twitchy reaction-type game.