Battlefield V (2018)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowDuke, Dec 29, 2017.

1. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    "We made a WW2 game without any of the most popular WW2 war event.
    Our game isnt as popular as we want, it has to be because it's too hard with low ttk and no 3d spotting, let's fix this before Christmas."

Haven't test last patch but i really liked the Pacific update.

Dragam1337, cerebus23 and Kolt like this.
  2. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    i was part of the bfv beta before its release i had no idea it was still goin on :D

XenthorX likes this.
  3. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    This game's just like other BF titles... release is bug ridden, fixes come slowly (but not as slow as DLC which until this one you had to pay for).
    And if they fix stuff they usually have a 50% chance to introduce some other issues for people.
    Also, let's not forget about nerfing and buffing of weapons (they call it "balance", I call it periodically shifting of OP spots from one weapon group to the other).
    At least they keep true to one thing, listen to the bad players and whatnot vocalizing to the most "I can't 3d spot" and "I don't see soldiers in Firestorm against a dark background" and change stuff so that bad players find it easier.

Honestly... I hope they just put the franchise to a rest. It's so far away from the BF games I loved and spent thousands of hours in... this game for me has about 10% the playtime I had with BF4 in a comparable timeframe... and it's about 20% as fun as BF4 was (which still had it's issues like smoke and FLIR). And if they don't put it to rest, I'll simply keep the next BF game at pole's length... doesn't pay off to bother with it anymore.

4. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Christmas noobs. Simple as that. Dice is trying to dance around admitting that flat out, but it's pretty obvious it's all about getting people who don't play the game.

The sad thing is that even with all the problems that BF5 had it still had amazing gunplay that kept the core audience and community HAPPY. We wanted more content but we were happy with the core gameplay.. they had to ruin that. I am not joking when I say there is a mass exodus of players leaving the game.. at least from the Reddit and other social circles I follow. Dice seemingly did the opposite of what they wanted by introducing this patch. The Pacific update was slowly bringing new players in and was a good move.. then they pull this patch out. Talk about incompetence..

5. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    While you are right, it isn't the start of issues. The sales already were bad as stated by EA themselves, and that was the beginning. And they already got off their usual "premium" and paid DLC model to pull players in and still had issues selling it... and now such changes that drive away big parts of the community like you say yourself...
    I still remember they did similar stuff with nerfs to flares / IR tracking missiles in BF4 due to jet pilots crying about being unable to rape without counter measuring, and 3d spotting has been an issue in the game since BF3.

All I wanted to say I share your opinion, I am not surprised, and I think it was neither the beginning nor will be the end of this whole issue... and I myself will too quit the franchise after 15ish years. As that, I find it exemplary of what you said @Kolt

cerebus23 and Kolt like this.
  6. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Did some more playing, 1.5 rounds worth of Wake and 0.25 rounds worth of the first stage of Narvik in Grand Conquest and had enough. First I thought the TTK issue may have been slightly blown out of proportion as the internet excels at making a big deal out of everything but I think in the case of the new BF5 TTK the internet might actually be on to something. The game just feels weird now!

Dragam1337 and Kolt like this.
  7. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I agree completely. That's kind of my point. We (the community that stuck around) has put up with so much BS with this damned game but we stood by with hope since the gameplay itself was outstanding. We put up with it all because at the end of the day we still had a lot of fun in the game. Now that's completely and utterly gone.

Let's put it this way. Pistols are currently better to use than MOST guns at range AND at close quarters. The game meta and weapons are so broken right now.

All this being said. Dice just responded with some changes:
    Tin foil hat time: I will say this. Look up "Price Anchoring" and understand how this could apply here. There is a theory that Dice knew the 5.2 update was ridiculous and was hoping all along to anchor this new TTK (below changes) to make it look more appealing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/e9oxzo/community_broadcast_improving_update_52/

I'll excerpt it a bit with the most interesting ones (for me):

Weapon changes

ZK-383, EMP, MP40, STEN:

• Improved damage model from 4-11 to 4-10 BTK
    Light Bolt ZK-383, MP28, M1928A1, Suomi:

• Improved damage model from 5-13 to 4-10 BTK with faster damage dropoff then the MP40 damage model
    • Increased Vertical Recoil by 25%, and Horizontal Recoil by 60%
      Note: Due to an error with our Damage Tables, the M1928A1 will do 9.6 damage at maximum range making it a maximum 11 BTK, but this will be corrected in our next update.
    Type 100:

• Improved damage model from 5-12 to 5-10 BTK
    StG 44:

• Improved damage model from 5-8 to 4-8 BTK
    Sturmgewehr 1-5:

• Improved damage model from 6-9 to 5-9 BTK
    • Reduced Vertical Recoil by 25%, and Horizontal Recoil by 20%
    M1907 SF:

• Improved damage model from 5-13 to 4-10 BTK with reductions made to the damage dropoff.
    Breda M1935 PG:

• Improved damage model from 5-6 to 4-6 BTK
    KE7, Type 97, Bren Gun, Lewis Gun:

• Improved damage model from 5-8 to 4-8 BTK
    LS/26:

• Improved damage model from 4-11 to 4-9 BTK
    FG-42:

• Improved damage model from 5-13 to 4-9 BTK with slightly faster dropoff than the LS/26
    VGO, MG 42:

• Improved damage model from 5-13 to 4-10 BTK with reductions made to the damage dropoff.
    • Reduced Vertical Recoil by 25% and Horizontal Recoil by 20%
    • Fixed an issue where the MG42 dealt too much damage when using High Velocity Bullets
    Turner SMLE, MAS 44:

• Improved damage model to 3 BTK within 30 meters as these weapons had an incorrectly low maximum damage
    Ag m/42:

• Increased rate of fire from 300 to 360 rpm
    • This should better balance the Ag m/42 against the MAS44 and Turner SMLE
      The full list of weapon changes is visible here (changes from the current version are highlighted in Green for ease of access).
    Additional Changes to Enemy Acquisition

Below you’ll find a list of other changes we’re making in our Hotfix that change how these systems behave:

• Completely removing the 5.2 enemy acquisition icons when not looking directly at an enemy player but who are inside your field of view
    • The range at which you can see an enemy icon if directly aiming at the player is now 20m, down from 25m.
    • The angle at which we consider that you are looking directly at an enemy player is now 3°, down from 6°
    • Making soldier icon occlusion a bit more strict to reduce the scenarios where an enemy icon could be visible, without the player being really visible on your screen
    • Fixing some issues with smoke grenades not blocking enemy icons consistently.
    • Reducing the impact of wind on smoke grenades to ensure that the blocking of the icons is more consistent with the shape of the smoke grenade effect.
    • Fixed issues with squad member names not being properly displayed above their head in close range or when in a vehicle.
    When we are making these changes

We’re working to get these changes to you as fast as possible. I will have more details on rollout for the Hotfix closer to the time.

I'm still not happy. I don't like being ****** with like this Dice. I also am not going to just accept these values because they aren't as absurd as the previous ones. They really need to revert the entire damn patch.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  8. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Pretty good breakdown from a few days ago from some dude who speaks of many things on YouTube.

Kolt likes this.
  9. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    This.

fantaskarsef and Dragam1337 like this.
  10. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    I don't mind a lower ttk.. the problem is they went way overboard to the point they made some guns utterly pointless. I also HATE the new auto spotting I don't want battlefield to go back to playing the mini map rather than the game!

Repo Man likes this.

11. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    That new spotting feels really random, I've no idea how it works granted ( probably why it feels random ) but I played a few rounds of Wake Island this morning to do some more testing, got spotted so I thought "great, I'll just go and hide behind a building until it drops off!" but that never happened and while I was in cover all I could see around me were my teammates so not entirely sure what kept the spotting active or how long it takes for it to drop off.

As for the TTK, my previous opinion still sticks. There were moment's this morning where I was shaking my head in disbelief because it felt like I was only able to scratch my enemies and when I got kills it felt like I was just stood there pumping rounds to the enemy. I think these changes affected gun ports of tanks too as I was shooting a guy and after what felt like 7+ rounds all hitting him because I saw the feedback on the HUD, he just got up and ran off. Maybe I shot off 7 of his 10 fingers or something, hell if I know at this point!

Speaking of tanks... is the Panzerfaust a legit spud gun now ? Every single rocket I land does around 10-20 damage. I felt the Panzerfaust was kinda weak to begin with but now it feels like I might just as well throw rocks at the tanks.

Normally I would just move on and not bother anymore but the reason I find this whole thing so frustrating is that like so many have said, the TTK and gunplay was almost spot on. Of all the things that needed fixing, adjusting and adding, they went ahead and tinkered with the TTK ??? I mean all the game really needed was some sort of anti-cheat solution and more maps and factions.

12. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC

Part of the latest patch also nerfed the damage from anti-tank tools and weapons. For example you can no longer destroy a tank with 3 mines. I believe it now takes much more. Same with the Panzerfaust/Piat/AT grenade/etc. I'm not a fan of these changes personally as under the right hands a tank is pretty powerful.. but those changes I would be quick to get used to and deal with and still find the game fun. The other changes you mentioned not so much.

13. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Apple M2 Pro
    Unlocked the M1918A2 BAR! Now I have all famous WW2 weapons.

14. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Shataan likes this.
  15. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Me neither.

Shataan likes this.

16. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    i was lookin for somethin cheap to get me through the christmas period and after putting this down in the most disappointing games thread i thought ok why not lets give it a go for $16 what have i to lose??? few hours after install i could not even get into a single match then again neither could anyone else so we all sat in the lobby talkin crap about it in every match i tried to join for over two hours the same result. im like hey this is my first time playing they are all like F WE FEEL SORRY FOR YOU im all oh frack.....................

join server sit in lobby waitin players leave players join then they leave to then it looks like the game will start but no wai some of the games have to have exactly 64 players to even begin and with ppl constantly joinin and leavin after sayin it still broke fk this over and over again i didnt get in a single match my first night and had to play the war story instead which was a bit meh but hey at least i was playin what id paid for kinda well not rly nobody buys Battlefield for campaigns anymore right???? the day after i thought i woudl give it another go and this time i did get into two matches one was full of cheaters apprintly accordin to players in chat and the other one was a laggy mess with planes skippin in the air and crashin into the sea.

in three days i think i have had less than a hanfull matches so far and one of those was a complete toxic tank fest on either iwa jima or pacific maps my team could not even push n i enjoyed that much about as much as i do havin piles ive found smaller squad conquest a lot better and reminds me of BF1 which i enjoyed a lot.

all before i even make a single comment on the recent ttk changes cos i dont even know what it was rly like all that much before wot i do know is that it took me eight bullets to kill one guy who was about 200m away from me with a firestorm weapon i somehow have yer im sometimes a bad shot but that crap is rediculous!!!

my question is how the fk did it all come to this older BF games always had issues and kinks but got ironed out over time playin this game for the first time felt like playin a rushed out beta and not a very good beta either WTF DICE theres some fun to be had deep down but the amount of dirt you have to dig through to get at it sure as hell aint how things should be esp this long after release. jesus.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
    Kolt likes this.
  17. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    second on my team leaderboard playin medic like a bo finally gettin a feel for the game wreckin the enemy a plane blows me up and the game crashes to desktop i sit starin at my screen

game hates me

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
  18. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Not really. I still can’t understand how they started off nicely and then destroy it with their weird “balancing” patches, time after time.

19. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Too many hands getting involved. Hands connected to corporate mentality and lack of understanding of shooters.

I have played a few rounds after the latest patch. It's not game breaking or as dramatically bad as some say (have to bare in mind that these days, even if the wind blows in the wrong direction there will be a crowd protesting against mother nature somewhere lol) , but you can certainly tell its not the same game it was a few months ago.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  20. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    r u serious?? ive been playin the game only a few days and the amount of flaws are both immediate and jarrin the more that i play the more im left feelin like im playing something that is still in its phase one release window both inconceivably unfinished unpolished feelin its difficult to comprehend the game bein one year old as it stands today.

aiming in BFV feels floaty imprecise often weak with it if I get a kill i feel almost lucky compared with BF1 fact is goin back to BF1 which i still have installed alongside it feels more complete and has better polish in every way its how BFV should feel and play as of today n the gap between the two is fkin huge.; its embarrassing n makes the changes made in Battlefront II from release to today look like a work of art.

all im left feelin is that the DICE of old is long gone cos they at least eventualy managed to make moves that had a positive impact on the game overtime u dont have to look far to see that the BFV community is about as disilusioned and frustrated with the game as any community can be with a game n every change made is two step back instead of a step even only a baby step forward to makin the game what it should have been all along,

if i feel this way after only a few days i cant imagin how long term players must feel best fps by miles could not be farther from the truth when the game they release in 2016 makes the new release look and feel so poor.

AATT likes this.