Detroit: Become Human PC requirements

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Quantic Dream has revealed the official PC system requirements for Detroit: Become Human. Quantic Dream recommends using an Intel i5-8400 or Ryzen 5 1600 with 16GB of RAM and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060...

Detroit: Become Human PC requirements

2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    The minimum req. basically saying it cant run on a 4c/4t cpu.

3. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Not meant to criticise, but these days, does one need to name where the games are released? Especially with exclusivity deals and EGS's handling of things?

4. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    Nah, I think that's subjective to the user to worry about.

Is this the 1st game to go beyond wanting 4 threads at minimum? An i7 3770 is basically where I'm at with a 4790K. The new "minimum" CPUs. So old that Intel's cutting edge vulnerabilities can't even touch it.

Silva likes this.

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    The game is DX12 only?

6. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    It's nice to get a demo these days.

Caesar likes this.
  7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Vulkan only. It should run much better on amd cards than that shiet dx11 heavy rain.

8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Ohh ok, I was just wondering because it listed Windows 10 as minimum.... with it using Vulkan then that seems strange, unless the epic Launcher requires Windows 10?

9. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    Do they make games anymore these days or just cinematic playthings?

10. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    That annoys me about a lot of current games, feels like the cut scenes are the actual small game play while the movies in game are the main piece.
    Odd really as games based on movies are junk.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
    Caesar and Silva like this.

11. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    Should be great. Love their games and I'm sure this will be a great addition to their library on PC

I mean if you're not on windows 10 by now, something is wrong. Your days are numbered. No reason NOT to use win10 since it's better than Win7 in every way (this from someone who is always very slow to migrate and very skeptical)
    Yes, one does. It's common practice to do so. What do you mean "EGS's handling of things" exactly? Are you another one of these people who whines and won't buy on EGS due to a misplaced sense of pseudo-loyalty to Steam or something

386SX likes this.
  12. GamerBoyManuel16

GamerBoyManuel16 Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    It's quite strange to see all console ports requiring a much beefier cpu than the console had

I mean PS4 is quite old already and has old AMD Cpu cores with a clock of about 1.7 - 2.3 Ghz and they're requiring an I7 3770 @ 3.4 Ghz or on newer arch i5-8400 @ 2.8 Ghz

Idk but is it because of more overhead @ PC ? Or because they want us to achieve higher fps @ PC for better experience?

airbud7 likes this.
  13. MBTP

MBTP Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX590
    Nothing strange, look at the AMD counterpart, and stripe this veil of i7 of any generation to be considered high end, the demand is for thread count, and i7s of the past were the only ones with more than 5 threads, and the consoles use more than 5 threads so the port is asking for it on the PC, maybe because the engine was made to run with 6 or more threads consistently.

14. GamerBoyManuel16

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Hm would be quite nice to see a game really scaling & utilizing multiple cores :eek:

15. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    Wow a free demo? What year is it, 2005?
    Seriously, I don't know why more games don't supply demos. A lot of games these days can be a real investment of time to get into (even moreso if your internet connection is slow) so being able to do a "test drive" is very welcome.

For anyone curious, it takes up about 43GB on consoles. Let's see if they manage to keep it that way on PC.

airbud7 and GamerBoyManuel16 like this.

16. GamerBoyManuel16

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    More frustrating is when don't have much disk space (i really need another ssd , i hope i can afford a 1TB one soon) and you have slower internet,
    then everytime you're swapping games or a friend asks you if you join game X, you'll have to wait hours :/

And games are getting bigger and bigger :O

17. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    If you use Windows 10, the built-in LZX on-the-fly compression feature (you need the command prompt to enable it) is a great way to save yourself a few extra GB. Depending how many games you have installed, it can save you enough space to fit another whole AAA game. Your CPU should easily be able to handle the extra overhead, and you might actually see faster load times, if your drive was bottlenecked.
    If you use Linux, Btrfs and I think ZFS have highly configurable on-the-fly compression too.

Also, assuming you use Steam, you can use it's built-in backup feature for games that you want to keep but don't intend to play for a while. If you're in a real tight financial bind, it allows you to split the backup into 4.5GB and 700MB files, so you can burn them to optical discs. That way, you don't have to re-download the whole thing.

airbud7 and GamerBoyManuel16 like this.
  18. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    OT:I do not know where you live,In Canada you could buy a new Team Group L5 3D 2.5" 1TB SATA III 3D NAND Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) for $70 USD,I would check around where ever you live and there is always used, I bought a 512GB Intel NVME for $35USD.

Anyway been waiting for the demo to try this game out since announced,tried the Heavy Rain and another demo but they did not run good and so I did not purchase those games.
    If Detroit runs good ,it should be a good buy.

Caesar and GamerBoyManuel16 like this.
  19. GamerBoyManuel16

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    I'll google the compression - didn't know that, but will it compress existing files or does everything have to be rewritten?

+ i have no optical drive or burner but i can copy the games to an external hdd - but it's also full with crap :/

I'm quite short in money rn :/ bought a nintendo switch earlier this year and right after i've got it my gpu died & had to save to get a new one (i bought a used vega 56)
    currently saving for my drivers license + gym membership & supplements / food eating away whats left ~ i'm hoping for xmas :D

i'm from germany here 1TB sata ssds start at about 80 euro ^^ so its nearly the same cost-wise

20. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    Ps4 aims at 30fps, pc not. That is the first requirement bump.
    Also yes on pc there is overhead. A lot.
    On PC i bet the driver layer is more expensive, the antivirus is there, windows processes of any kind, background task you cannot stop as a generic user.

Caesar and GamerBoyManuel16 like this.