AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 19.12.2 driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Geralt

Geralt Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 580 8GB
    I'm getting 'fatal error' on startup with the game Snooker 19 (it's an Unreal Engine game). Anyone have any ideas? Rolled back to previous driver and it works fine, but not with the 2020 edition. I tried clean install with DDU and disabling all of the new features but same thing.

2. Spider-Vice

Spider-Vice Active Member

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT 8G
    On a clean DDU driver install, just had a crash to a green screen while web browsing on Windows, not even gaming... The previous driver gave me none of these issues I'm having now, which is strange because it's supposed to fix black screen issues with the 5000 series. On the previous driver where it supposedly was still a problem, I didn't have it. Strange.

3. DR3AMCAST3R

DR3AMCAST3R Guest

GPU:
    RX 480
    Same problem here (Sapphire RX 480) with Tetris Effect (fatal error), it's an Unreal Engine game too... On event viewer it shows a ATIDXX64.DLL error whenever i tried to launch the game.
    rolled back to previous driver because I also had some blue and grey freeze screens on pc startup...

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
  4. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Driver is super stable, Radeon Settings...not yet.

It is going to the right direction though, I like! :D

OnnA likes this.

5. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    CS:GO goes far beyond Chill limit. Also goes to ~5 FPS after ~2 minutes, if watching a match. Also gets back up after input. Getting rid of FRTC was a bad idea. Stuck at minimized if launched with RIS enabled for it.

6. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    What are you talking about? If chill doesn't work don't use it?

My point is about FRTC and how it works...

I do understand though about FRTC being removed isn't ideal - probably would be worth reporting those issues, FRTC being removed and Chill not working as expected.

7. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    You seem to love to argue for sake of arguing.

8. boombastik

boombastik Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3060 msi 8gb
    Every time i start a game after 10 seconds i hear a beep sound. How can disable it?

rafaelluik likes this.
  9. pogodancer

pogodancer Member

GPU:
    Sapp. Pulse 7900XT
    it's a notification when for example RIS (or chill) is running on with this game launch. Don't know yet if you can disable the sound, you can ditch the feature and the beep would not play

OnnA and rafaelluik like this.
  10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah you have to enable Chill if it's off and that should stop it because it's toggling on it's own as a bit of a bug currently.
    (Registry editing the feature off will also work.)

EDIT: Might also cause a bit of hitching or stuttering as that goes on but it seems to vary from title to title from what I am reading about it at least.

rafaelluik likes this.

11. chix_AHOY

chix_AHOY Active Member

GPU:
    RX 470 4gb
    stable driver so far, hope I don't experience a problem...

12. grumpynator

grumpynator Member

GPU:
    tuf 5700rx 8gb
    good driver so far works well in mw2019

13. shakyor

shakyor Active Member

GPU:
    380x
    IRS? Nice, then i'll test it :D

14. Strange Times

Strange Times Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6600 XT
    with esports preset all games looks and feels hella nice now, they chose right direction

15. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    Hmm, I seem to have a problem if I have the overlay enabled. If I tab out of a game, tabbing back in the game, for a few seconds I'll have both my monitors blacking out a few times. Anyone else experiencing that?

16. Joepiedepoepie

Joepiedepoepie Guest

GPU:
    AMD RX Vega 56
    Hello All,

I am not posting much on here, just looking around most of the time.

I do have the exact same problem with the snooker game, however i noticed MotoGP 19 (also unreal engine) does run great.
    So i had a sniff around and found a way to solve this problem.

1. Extract older driver (one which was working before i still had 19.11.1 on my HDD)
    2. Find the atidxx64.dll probably located => C:\AMD\Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2019-Edition-19.11.1-Nov4\Packages\Drivers\Display\WT6A_INF\B348293
    3. Copy/Paste it to the game location where snooker 19 is installed... Important !! drop it where the Game EXE is located its called *Unreal-Win64-Shipping.exe*
    Location something like => *xxxxxx./Snooker 19\Unreal\Binaries\Win64*

AuerX and Geralt like this.
  17. Jayson

Jayson Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon RX 580 8GB
    Does anyone know if I'll get any reduced input lag in Rocket League with Anti-Lag enabled? I'm currently running the game at 140fps capped to stay inside of my freesync range. I tried it out last night and I couldn't perceive a difference between RAL on or off.

18. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    Unlikely, Anti-Lag is there to help in GPU bound scenarios (so when for example you can't maintain 60fps at 100% GPU usage but the CPU is totally fine and happy) and Rocket League isn't exactly known to be GPU demanding.

19. nelson s davis

nelson s davis Guest

GPU:
    580x
    Hello All. Getting error message when installing latest drivers, 19.12.2. First, can't use the update feature from within the AMD Radeon settings app - just shows a spinning wheel. I can go to the site and download the package. When I start install, I get a fail message - Oops! Something has gone wrong. Error 212 - Radeon software install cannot proceed as your system has a mapped network drive which cannot be accessed.

And Yes, my windows user default folder is on a synology server so my document, backup, etc, folders resign there. But that's where they were when I installed Adrenalin last year. All 3 pcs on my network point there as well.

My setup has been same since I installed the Adrenalin package last year, so stumped as to why I'm getting this message. Also seeing lots of posts about minor bugs and wondering if I should wait a few weeks before trying again. Anyway, any thoughts? thanks!

20. pogodancer

pogodancer Member

GPU:
    Sapp. Pulse 7900XT
    The new driver is garbage ...there is no option to not install stuff within it, the control panel is meh ... relive is not optional and gives input lag and low performance when its on compared to 19.12.1 the driver is far more worse ... alpha release not the full