GeForce 441.41 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by schilperoordbas, Nov 26, 2019.

1. NerdyBro

NerdyBro Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI SC EVGA
    Mine is working fine (RTX 2080 TI) but I did have some issues with HDR not working until a few reboots.

I do have an issue with the screen flashing black for a quick second during AC:O but I think that is game related.

2. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Ok....after reading through the thread, I ask you. Should I install this driver for my 1660Ti?

This looks like an AMD driver thread.....lol

Yes, as I said earlier in the year, the 1660Ti is going back into a system. Just not the system is was originally installed in. It's going to be paired with my old i5 6600K.

3. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I would say yes, it's been working fine for me. The only games I'm playing right now though are RDR 2 and GTA online and they haven't given me any trouble.

4. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW

Just do it and find out.

Liam Onestone likes this.

5. Weekend

Weekend Guest

GPU:
    1660 S
    Hi, I noticed that the list of supported games to use the nvidia freestyle are now online!
    Before every driver had a list and it worked offline. Now when I'm not online the freestyle won't work at all! messages me: "game not supported!"
    But when I go online it works. For example in borderlands 3 or hitman 2.

Is there a workaround for this? if I have to rollback to first local listed freestyle which one is it?

Thanks in advance.

6. sunnyp_343

sunnyp_343 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG GTX 1080
    No.And its still hangs and crash.Today i was playing online and was in for 4 minute and browsing catalogue.It got hanged.I can't end task game my whole pc got hanged.I had to force shutdown PC.

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    downgrade your realtek uad driver.

8. Hemisfear

Hemisfear Active Member

GPU:
    RX 6900 XT
    @Astyanax
    which UAD version is causing issues?

9. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

How many of your issues are caused by you modifying your system files and driver install and not using standard configurations? I ask because, unless they replicate YOUR unique conditions and alterations to the OS, they will likely have different results. Given that, I am not sure your input does anything but cause confusion. If you operate with a DEFAULT OS install and drivers, what issues to you have then?

10. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX

wow what continual criticism and negativity.

a. My OS allows a switch for MS store ON / OFF - came with the MS OS, not some registry hack.

b. removing the telemetry RAS .dll does not modify enough to warrant a discussion on that. Keeping it in doesn't make it any more stable. Contrary, leaving it in causes nvcpl instability if the MS store is turned off.

c. I qualify all my observations - including conditions and build.

d. Driver behavior is consistent with 1 or 4 cards

Is there a reason why you have it out for any one that uses SLI or has hardware you don't?
    I'm just noticing a pattern in the driver forums you participate in.

Last time I checked, this is an enthusiast forum.

side note: due to new privacy mandates in the CCPA and the GDRP, nvidia and microsoft will have to enable a full opt out option from telemitry and analytics anyhow in 2020 if youre a resident of California or the EU. I can't imagine them writing drivers/software just for the EU and California differently than in other state/countries

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
    Liam Onestone likes this.

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
    Hemisfear likes this.
  12. gozunz

gozunz Member

GPU:
    AMD 6900xt
    Im not that person, but there has been issues with UE4 for something like 6 months now. This person, myself, and others all notice these issues with every new driver release.
    Im personally a dev that uses UE4, so that is 100% the most important thing for me :)
    Im quite sure its not limited to his config (not that issue anyways...)

13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    UE4's issues are mostly not within the driver but the merging of an incomplete / broken multithreaded DirectX 11 branch having deadlock conditions that stall or rightly so triggering driver resets (the driver model is designed to engine reset in the case of inescapable loops and shader dead locks).

The reason why AMD drivers don't lock in these conditions is the simple fact they never supported DCL/MTD3D11 beyond Civ V, and later removed it entirely.

The claim that this has been going on for 6 months is also incorrect, its been occuring since 2016 and was partially introduced through Driver model changes that no longer allows display drivers to catch and ignore such issues. (Microsoft have gotten strict about forcing studio's to release code that doesn't rely on undefined or faulty behavior)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
    Darren Hodgson likes this.
  14. Hemisfear

Hemisfear Active Member

GPU:
    RX 6900 XT
    thx for the info - I thought you were talking about a newer one. I'm on 8851 anyways.

15. PQED

PQED Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X
    I'm personally using an unofficial version of 6.0.1.8787 (specifically 8787.1 - UAD, of course) for a long time now as many other versions I've tried seem to cause some minor latency issues.
    I might be a bit of an edge case though since I'm running an otherwise unsupported old Haswell system. But these drivers in particular have been treating me well.

I get most of my drivers pre-modded for older systems from here (where you can also get the one I'm using) if anyone's interested: https://github.com/pal1000/Realtek-UAD-generic

16. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    hhmmmm i thought this image sharpen thing was GFE only? or can it actual be done in NVCP? or is enabled in the NVCP by require GFE to setup?

17. snkykun

snkykun Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    It can be used directly through NVCP, GFE is not required at all.

18. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    That what the other thing that supposedly increase PQ that I been reading the needs GFE?

19. PQED

PQED Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X
    Freestyle?

I don't use GFE at all myself, so that's just a guess.

20. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Are you talking about DLSS or the ReShade filters?