Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Havel, Oct 16, 2016.

1. YWAGMOTH

YWAGMOTH Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 G1 Gaming

It only shows the build Number. Can you please tell me what's the latest build Number?

2. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus

YWAGMOTH likes this.
  3. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    The people bitching on the steam forums is hilarious.

So many people moaning about fps, the R* launcher and the games size.

Did none of them look up anything to do with the game first? One guy posted how he thought the performance would be fixed in time for the steam launch.

I think it peeked at 12K players, Which is way lower than I though it would be.

4. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    The Steam forums are hilarious right now. :D

angelgraves13 likes this.

5. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Their expectations are insane. Ok at initial launch I could see bitching. A good chunk of people had issues. Even them though it wasn't even about FPS, it was the crashes.

I own a 9900k and 2080 Ti and I'm pleased with my FPS fully maxed out at 1440p. It isn't a solid 60FPS but it doesn't take a genius to understand how demanding this game is on paper. The world is insanely big, the draw distance massive, the high res textures, the shaders and effects being used.

I stopped reading Steam community boards ages ago. Most are just fickle children who love to hear themselves talk

6. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    The Steam community is full of people running Geforce 750 and 1050 Ti's, and wondering why the game runs like crap. I really don't know what people were expecting with the Steam release. It runs through the Rockstar Game Launcher making Steam totally irrelevant.

7. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    One thing I do hope. Now that it is on Steam I can add it as a non-steam game and launch it from there. There are times I just like to plop on the couch, press a button on my HDMI switch so my TV is a second monitor, launch Steam big picture and play a game. Currently I can't do that with RDR2

8. 68% from Steam reviews already? :) Honestly, Steam community can be really toxic, but it's also the best gaming vox populi we currently have. Thanks God for that.

9. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I'm posting on numerous threads trying to help people right now.

cerebus23 likes this.
  10. Forceflow

Forceflow Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
    It's unbelievable how they knew a certain (default) Steam feature would cause crashing problems (Steam Input API, for controllers etc), and didn't bother to patch the game or put up a notice about it.

11. Biebo

Biebo Guest

GPU:
    GPU
    I know it's a minor issue but camp chores (grain sacks) are still bugged on PC. As soon as you start walking the thing becomes stiff and static. Here is a comparison screen between consoles and PC: https://imgur.com/a/PtP3vrA

Makes you wonder how many smaller glitches are still in there.

12. Lurk

Lurk Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4080 VertoOC
    yeah noticed that since the beginning.
    minor but quite annoying nonetheless in a game so full of details.

13. Biebo

Biebo Guest

GPU:
    GPU
    The weight system is bugged too. The stats show "underweight" but the character model doesn't change. He just stays fat. Big ass and belly, double chin etc..

14. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Huh? In my 120+ hours I've never seen Arthur with a double chin.

15. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    When I've done that chore, the sack switches (without any inbetween animations) from being floppy like the consoles to being stiff seemingly at random as Arthur walks over to the spot where he puts it down.

I suspect Rockstar's priorities will be with the online mode where the money is and less on fixing bugs such as this one in the campaign, at least those that don't cause the game to crash or not launch!

That said, apart from two instances where the game would crash on resuming a save game, which ended up being due to a corrupted cache file rather than an issue with the saves themselves, this game has been stable and running smoothly for the 108 hours I've played it so far, albeit solo only as the online mode holds no interest for me (especially after finding out your character is basically a dumb, mute in the game anyway which I would find incredibly jarring after playing the awesome campaign for so long).

16. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Me neither.

My Arthur is usually listed as being underweight or, at one point, I got him to fair but either way he just looks normal, exactly as he appears in all the promotional trailers. I've certainly never seen a fat Arthur Morgan even when I've eaten more food than I needed to in order to maximise his health.

17. Biebo

Biebo Guest

GPU:
    GPU
    My bad. I was on a seperate savefile when i checked his weight stats. My fat arthur is still listed as overweight.
    Seasoned big game meat and full meals at the saloon gets him fat real quick. The meals that give you a yellow health core.

18. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    I've been trying to make my guy fat in RDO for awhile. He's always underweight, the stew at the camp helps but I keep buying chocolate bars and eating them. You get a stamina bonus (7.5%) but take the same in extra damage. If you are overweight you get 7.5% extra health and 7.5% less stamina which is what I would prefer!

19. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    First time I hear about the weight change of your character since GTA San Andreas, ha! This actually made me a bit more hyped to buy the game now. As I'm going through a fat loss "diet" IRL, I'll make sure to get the character as fat as possible, to compensate. :p

20. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    I mentioned before but anyone looking for more pals to play RDO with, add me - Syranetic.

I have a small group of guys (mostly retired military) that I play with. Very relaxing group. If we run into toxic people they usually regret it (we all just pull out snipers and make them regret life). We usually run bounties, trader missions... or sometimes just chill and do some collecting or fishing.