Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Havel, Oct 16, 2016.

1. YWAGMOTH

YWAGMOTH Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 G1 Gaming
    Do you guys know if it's possible for two people play the single player at the same time?
    Does it require a permanent internet connection? Thanks

2. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    I do have the water shimmering like others, and randomly I notice objects like NPCs or carts/wagons that go transparent randomly.

However, after yesterday's patch (or the one on the 2nd?) DX12 is finally stable for me. Better FPS, no more crashes.

I need to do a benchmark to compare Vulkan but overall I'm fairly happy with how the game runs now.

Also did anyone see this?

https://www.rockstargames.com/newsw...rdo-moonshiners-12032019&utm_content=newswire

Can't wait for Dec 13th!

3. Smokey25

Smokey25 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 EVGA FTW+
    Not even one minute in free roam after you complete the solo online part and i get killed 5x in a row by a hacker. The guy literally dropped out of the sky ontop of me and one hit me. This went on for 4 more times,where i tried to ignore him and just went my own way when he came speedhacking and skipping towards me and one hit me every time. Then i opened my map and saw him flying over the map at insane speeds..This is gonna be fun...... !

INSTG8R likes this.
  4. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Guest

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
    Sounds about right, GTA Online is pretty much the same...it’s how it stays at the top of sales.Ban said hacker, buys a new copy, rinse, repeat..

5. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    AFAIK you can do that as they enabled offline launching of the game in one of the recent patches.

6. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra

Yep.. Just leave online now. It only gets worse from there..

7. YWAGMOTH

YWAGMOTH Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 G1 Gaming
    Thanks Grimbarian, but even if you enter the game and then disconnect the internet does the game crash or continuos playing?

8. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    Knock on wood I haven't run into any hackers yet and I have been playing a ton of RDO (I'm over level 80).

Sounds like some bad luck? I would screenshot their name and report it. At least if they ban these guys buying a new copy of the game is not 15 bucks like GTA online, so it should be harder for them to keep getting a new key.

9. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    How do you report it?
    I will be buying it tonight or in a few days, I'd like to be clued up taa.

10. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Jesus, the price from Steam is £55, sod that.
    I'm buying a key from somewhere else.

edit
    £32 from CDKeys

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
    Darren Hodgson likes this.

11. Smokey25

Smokey25 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 EVGA FTW+
    Probably very bad luck indeed. After this happend ive only been killed twice by some random griever and most people overall seem to be chill so far.

I did report the guy though,but i wonder how long the ban will be,im hoping hackers will straight up get a perm bann and let them buy a new copy.

This game could use some form of team/all chat aswell and a toggle for people that dont want to read it. But any form of communication with multiple people at a time without using a mic ( which i cant always use ) would be much appreciated.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
  12. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I would love to get a Guru3d posse going.

big ROBOT bill likes this.
  13. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    God, the slow burn approach is so much better than my first run through which I blew through too fast.

42hrs in now.. Still chapter 3.. Concentrating on challenges and legendary animal hunts (Did the boar, bear, buck and beaver) atm...

jbscotchman and XenthorX like this.
  14. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    On my first play I was very conservative, approached all missions with extreme caution. I've started a new game with a better understanding and more confidence. Also re-mapped the satchel and map to my side mouse buttons. So much better than the default B and M keys.

Grimbarian likes this.
  15. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Red Dead Redemption 2 is the game that we all dreamed of when we were little kids. A game where you have to hunt and kill your own food, a game where you take care of your guns, a game where you go fishing at 2 a.m. in the river (real life stuff) and the most realistic clouds in any game to this date. It took me 120 hours to beat the story mode and this is an experience that will last with me forever.

16. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    back then it was Oregon trail....

jbscotchman likes this.
  17. YWAGMOTH

YWAGMOTH Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 G1 Gaming
    How do you guys know if the game is running the latest patch?

18. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    It should say version when you launch the game. In one of the bottom corners if I remember correctly.

19. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    Tell that to my 20 dollar discount I got form the Rockstar launcher. I'm a steam fan but I don't care anymore, I have like 6 different platforms installed. At this point who cares about one more... just don't let them all run at startup and keep lots of system memory.

Havel, Grimbarian and jbscotchman like this.
  20. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Yea I would love to have everything on Steam, but the game has to run through the Rockstar launcher and I got the special edition for $60 bucks To those about to embark on one of the greatest gaming experiences ever created I raise my glass.

Grimbarian likes this.