RX Vega Owners Thread, Tests, Mods, BIOS & Tweaks ! (cont.)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Glidefan, Mar 31, 2019.

1. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Post this on AMD/ATI driver site.
    Also tell our Vanguard guys about it (in Driver thread).

MaestroBayten likes this.
  2. MaestroBayten

MaestroBayten Member Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 6950xt
    Thanks for the Info!

3. geronimo666

geronimo666 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI rx6800 Gam. Z T
    OnnA, and others,

In wich cases is HBCC usefull? By default it's on OFF in my drivers (19.10.1).
    I presume in games when VRAM usage is above 8gb that my Vega has?
    In that case I think I wont see benefit cos I'm playing at 1080p and don't remember seeing very beeg VRAM usage.
    I tried GTA5, metro exodus and firestrike test and didn't see any difference when HBCC enabled (around 11gb is minimum).

cheers.

4. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Difficult Question You have my friend :p
    My advise?
    Make it ON always at min. of 12GB (i have 16GB).
    If You have 16GB RAM then 12 is fine.

It can be beneficial, it runs always -> it's Cache.
    HBCC is always good, especialy when You have Vram shortage (very rare cases).

geronimo666 likes this.

5. apple020997

apple020997 Active Member

GPU:
    7900XT 20GB+WB
    Hey guys, is it normal that AC Unity stutters like mad in cutscenes, with GPU pinned at 100% even without AA, AO, especially in those with Elise? Everywhere else it has some small stutter here and there, but in cutscenes I can't reach 60FPS. I'm gonna try to lower like enviromental quality and similar things, but it hurts me A LOT doing that. Hell, my Vega 64 eats 1080s for breakfast and in some games it's even faster than a 1080ti (Forza Horizon 4 for example). F*ck!n ubisoft

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Vega64 actually beats 1080ti in few games thats using vulkan api. Besides FH4 there is also read dead 2, surge 2, rage 2...

Navi is doing alot better in AC games. 5700xt is smashing vega64 in AC odyssey.

bernek and apple020997 like this.
  7. apple020997

GPU:
    7900XT 20GB+WB
    I know that, but it doesn’t explain how bad my Vega 64 runs that sh!tty optimized game......

8. The_Amazing_X

The_Amazing_X Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil V64
    I have been on Star Citizen and Vega 64 run it really well.

Are you guys interested to check how it runs?

I can do a mission, it will take like 40 min but will give the performance and how the card run the game on max grafs.

DanEVO7 and MaestroBayten like this.
  9. Dener de Paula Pereira

Dener de Paula Pereira Member Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56 Pulse
    Try to reduce the Tessellation level

10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I dont see why not. I watch @XenthorX videos when he streams but the guy have 1300$ gpu so i cant really compare to mine.

XenthorX likes this.

11. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    I just bought a Raijintek Morpheus II Core Edition, though, I have to wait a month for it to arrive.
    I can't stand the reference cooler anymore.
    Will post pics when it arrives and how it performs.

12. Synoxia

Synoxia Member Guru

GPU:
    Rog Vega 64
    I just wanna post that i sadly left the red team after almost 8 years of loyalty.
    Nvidia greediness/amd sleeping, probably both led to this situation where there's no ryzen equivalent, i hope AMD will set things right but at the moment the upgrade to 2080super felt waaaay much of an upgrade that it would have been if i upgraded from a pascal 1080 or even 1080ti instead of vega.
    I do know that vega 64 eventually outperforms 1080 or even 1080ti, especially in dx12.

Thing is... either i had a very faulty Vega or AMD drivers are trash like they say.
    All the tiny microstutters are gone with a nvidia gpu, g-sync compatible works so much better except for league of legends... i mean how pathetic it is that enemy uses your solution better than you, this monitor isn't even gsync validated at all!

I can now finally play Botw, no more wait for a vulkan apu.

No more microstutters when vsync on, no more microstutters in dark souls 3, tons of more fps than expected in many games because of nvidia gimpworks and can finally play with my Pimax 5k+ with like a 60% performance increase like CEMU because nvidia does the developers work.

No more wait for driver to mature, all the performance is there at launch.

I can now finally use gamma adjustment in full screen games (ICC profile reset with fullscreen games) with NVCP and this boosted graphics significantly (my monitor doesn't have an OSD for gamma)
    Integer scaling for proper 1080p upscaling just incase i decide to go for a 4k monitor and tons of other features that radeon settings just lacks and it would require very little man work to implement.

Also, this card runs super cool at 65c max load, unlike vega which runs 80c unless high fan curve + undervolt.
    Though voltages and power limit are locked down, wouldn't be like this if AMD wake up on gpu segment.

AMD got tons of money from PS4 and Xbox + Ryzen. If they don't want to invest into a competitive product then let their GPU division die, just a suggestion.
    Intel and others are happily going to replace them.

Don't support the underhog if the product is not competitive and dont think AMD is not greedy.
    Just see what they did with x399 platform and the prices of the new threadrippers, remember that they gimped R9 Fury HBM overclock when Vega launched with idiotic reasons, the lockdown on Vega bioses just like Nvidia, Radeon VII is basically obsolete with Navi launch.

A unhappy amd ex owner.

13. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    https://i.**********/C5CtCPS0/thumb-amd-radeon-drivers-meme-arsenalru-meme-amd-radeon-drivers.png

Btw, nvidia have no issues, none. It just works.

14. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Right ... :eek:

Everything going so smooth that they've started a new branch of driver between "game ready drivers" and " Studio Driver", just to be sure ^^.

Their control panel sharpening still creates artefacts on creative application like photoshop and such. There's something wrong with it!

15. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    @Synoxia
    One thing that matter is that You're Happy :p
    2080S is a good upgrade IMhO, stick to it for some time.

Im waiting for Big Navi w/HBM2 .... for now im happy with my Vega.

16. apple020997

GPU:
    7900XT 20GB+WB
    Already set it to 16X max since I played TW3 with hairworks. I'm gonna try 8X

17. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  18. geronimo666

geronimo666 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI rx6800 Gam. Z T
    OnnA, and others.
    I'm going thrue the first part of this thread and read that vega doesn't like seasonic PSUs :-(.
    and this is what is happening to me I think. sometimes when benching/testing I get black screen. the sound goes on, and only solution is restart. sometimes even cold restart is needed.

what is the solution except changing the PSU wich is not possible for me now.
    I presume the problem is with the wires/AWG? can I ask better ones from sesaonic (I'm under warranty).
    Can better cables for seasonic be bought?

I have old XFX 750W on the shelf. But I think it's also seasonic inside? model xps-750w-3xs.

thanks.

19. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Better ask Sesonic (create a ticket and see how it goes).
    Maby they replace Your PSU with newer one -> it's Giving time :)

I have XFX on Seasonic (XTR Gold 750W Modular) and it's based on Seasonic 760 Pl....
    NP on my side with Vega.

It could be Amperage problems, test some more with various UV scenarios.

geronimo666 likes this.
  20. The_Amazing_X

The_Amazing_X Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil V64
    SOme seasonic have problems with vegas. All of the pulse ones have problems.