5G ON: T-Mobile 5G Network is Activated in the USA

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 3, 2019.

1. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    As someone who worked in the field and worked on cell phone design back in the early late 90's early 2000's, I just have to step in here, and say you're completely wrong. Every electronic device has limits PRIMARILY so it DOES NOT INTERFERE WITH OTHER DEVICES. Now, please, be less preposterous and uninformed in your arguments, thanks.

Ridiric likes this.
  2. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I did indeed read it - wether it specifically tests cellphones, or simply the RF radiation that cellphones also emit, is largely irrelevant... as cellphones also emit it.

Regardless of what people on the interwebz say, i am absolutely certain that this is tech isn't without consequences for humans and animals health - just like alot of other stuff throughout history, which wasn't tested before being cashed in for profit.

Passus likes this.
  3. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    In the general matter, I 100% agree with the bold part.

4. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    I agree, that's why I have said that I don't see the issue with cancer. Resonating though can cause heating or pains. It's quite irrelevant to the powers that we use for phones, but I wouldn't e.g. sit on a microwave while it's working.

EM waves in these frequencies are literally everywhere all the time, but for some reason we don't see major issues with cancer epidemic. Oh and btw, you can also use radio frequencies to cure cancer, by heating a cancerous spot. Would be kinda silly if doctors used thing that develops cancer to treat it, don't you think ?

airbud7 and schmidtbag like this.

5. heffeque

heffeque Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia MX150
    There is 5G NSA (which is 5G SW on 4G HW), and 5G SA (which is "true" 5G).
    There's also "5G Evolution" which is actually 4G+. AT&T's "5G E" was actually slower than T-Mobile's 4G.

I'm betting that this launch is 5G NSA, which is not true 5G. So maybe you'll get somewhat higher bandwidth, and slightly better latency, but not anywhere near true 5G numbers, especially on the lower latency part.

Edit: just wanted to add that both "Samsung Note 10+ 5G" and "OnePlus 7T Pro 5G McLaren" have NSA 5G in it.
    Qualcomm's first SA 5G chips are X55 (on SD865) and X52 (SD765/765G); not X50 (SD855).
    "Exynos 980" and "Kirin 990 5G" support SA 5G.
    So you won't see true 5G until you have true 5G network on true 5G phones.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
    The Reeferman likes this.
  6. slyphnier

slyphnier Guest

GPU:
    GTX1070
    phone-radiation cause cancer : yes and no, simply because not everyone have equal/same genetics ... then people might say its just their genetic that prone to cancer, yet it also have possibility that the radiation have some effect to those people, similar to sun-uv-ray that can cause cancer.
    for some, like those people work in plantation got sun-bathing everyday and got no cancer. While there are people that got cancer from minor sunbathing

"5G make things worse" imho it is simply by simple logic, that 5G need much higher freq. (30Ghz~300Ghz compared below 6Ghz 4G).... and with that the range is limited thus for 5G network it need more broadcast-towers. By imagination its obviously worse than 4G.
    But the effect to human is yet to be proven, well there some reports that some people got headache with 5G, so things back like i said on top.

now say if things only happen to minority of people, is it okay to ditch them (let them get pain from headache or even dead to cancer) .. simply because majority of people is just fine ?

i personally feel no point trying to prove which is correct, but having some people that more cautions to it (5G radiation related) better that none
    i mean just imagine, people just carefree... and IF all sudden cancer growth increased without any warning then it will be to late for us , no ?

7. heffeque

heffeque Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia MX150
    It's really tiring to see this cancer nonsense on every 5G news article.

Any ordinary light-bulb (LED, fluorescent, traditional, a candle...) emits a HUGE amount of energy compared to 5G emissions.
    I don't see anyone complaining about light-bulbs or candles giving cancer through their energy emissions.

Lets please stick to the news.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
  8. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    This is a new level of arrogance that I have a hard time beleiving. So, just because it emits a signal (not even the same one), regardless of wattage, that's enough to be a problem to you? By that logic, how are you not dead right now from avoiding literally everything? Pick something we take into our bodies, anything you can imagine, and you'll find there is such thing as a harmful dose/quantity. So should you just suffocate because oxygen in high quantities can kill you? Should you never step outside again because the sun exists? Should you avoid salt in everything you eat?
    And yet you're on a tech forum.... weird priorities...

Venix and airbud7 like this.
  9. heffeque

heffeque Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia MX150
    Can we agree to stop feeding the trolls and to keep on topic?

A few posts back I asked about it being 5G SA (real 5G) or NSA (pre-5G), and nobody seems to know the answer.

10. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    I'm sure they've caged a monkey, gave it a 5g phone and placed it near a 5g tower for years just to test for cancer.

[​IMG]

Result: monkey is now hooked on Facebook....:p

Backstabak, Venix and HandR like this.

11. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Yeah we are the monkeys

Dragam1337 and fantaskarsef like this.
  12. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    pfft people with tinfoil hats ...they did not even consider to make a Faraday cage and wrap it in tinfoil to wear like a hat ....pffft amateurs ! This will also protect your brain from becoming a gel after it was microwaved by those deadly plaques ..called phones !

sykozis likes this.
  13. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    *Angry Huawei Noises*

14. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    Stop with the crap about radiation.

Is 5G dangerous?
    Although 5G may improve our day to day lives, some consumers have voiced concern about potential health hazards. Many of these concerns are over 5G's use of the higher energy millimeter-wave radiation.

"There's often confusion between ionizing and non-ionizing radiation because the term radiation is used for both," said Kenneth Foster, a professor of bioengineering at Pennsylvania State University. "All light is radiation because it is simply energy moving through space. It's ionizing radiation that is dangerous because it can break chemical bonds."

Ionizing radiation is the reason we wear sunscreen outside because short-wavelength ultraviolet light from the sky has enough energy to knock electrons from their atoms, damaging skin cells and DNA. Millimeter waves, on the other hand, are non-ionizing because they have longer wavelengths and not enough energy to damage cells directly.

Source> https://www.livescience.com/65959-5g-network.html

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  15. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Ha! Found government worker! You not gonna fool me!

wraps self in aluminium blanket and sprays holy water on the monitor

airbud7 and Venix like this.

16. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    T-Mobile didn't even have 5G phones available until today.....at the earliest. Given the price of those phones, I doubt they'll see users in the tens of thousands for at least a few months.

Actually.....that's exactly what doctors do.... Go through cancer treatment.... It's all explained at length.

For radiation therapy, you're exposed to....radiation.....typically from an x-ray machine. The radiation damages not only cancerous cells, but also healthy cells. In rare cases, patients who receive radiation therapy, end up with cancer elsewhere in the body. In my case, I had NH lymphoma. After radiation, I was monitored for signs of throat and lung cancer. Though rare, it does in fact happen.

17. heffeque

heffeque Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia MX150
    Aaaand we're still out of topic.

18. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    Except that xray has enough energy to actually damage your cells which can cause cancer, while even the 86GHz band simply doesn't. It's like 6 orders of magnitude difference. That's why half the people here say that it's nonsense because there is simply no mechanism how this can cause cancer. There are also no studies that show this or actually even can show this, as cancer takes years to develop and you can't control for all the other factors in the subjects life.

What are those people, militaries and even countries that have issues with 5G ? Maybe I don't follow news so closely, but I haven't noticed that any country deploying 5G and having cancer epidemic on their hands.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
  19. heffeque

heffeque Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia MX150
    You know that they are just trolling. For the nth time, PLEASE, stop feeding the trolls and stay on topic.

20. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Would you like me to start another thread: "5G and the risk of cancer" ?