Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Havel, Oct 16, 2016.

1. criolf

criolf Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2080 SLI
    Thanks for your reply.

I did fix the "exited" problem by disabling SLI. The game starts, and it has no problem with SLI enabled in DX12. The moment I switch to Vulkan, it doesn't work anymore.
    But it still uses only one card in DX12, and it just crashes if I force AFR1 or 2 - it starts in the menu, starts loading the Benchmark and crashes when the benchmark should start.
    I've seen different solution mentioned with Profile Inspector, but mine doesn't seem to work - I can export the profiles, but it doesn't load it after I made the modifications.
    Someone suggested using "Geforce 3D Profile Manager", and it looks like it's loading the modified profile through it, but when I check the modifications in the Profile Inspector,
    they're not there.
    Except Gears 5, which doesn't care about any modifications, I've made all my installs work in SLI by forcing AFR1 (sometimes 2) in the Nvidia Control Panel "program settings"
    Control (in DX11), Doom (in Open GL), Rise and Shadow of the Tomb Rider, The outer Worlds, Star Wars Jedi Fallen, Fallout 4, Wolfenstein The New Colossus, Sekiro, Original Sin 2.

Can anyone tell me where/how do I check what version/patch I have for RDR2?
    I bought it through Epic, and the game menu shows 1.2.0.7 or something like that, and I didn't see the R* installer downloading anything s far...

Thank you!

SameOldx2 likes this.
  2. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    It was a joke as what we can see is empty image tags...

3. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    https://support.rockstargames.com/a...itle-Update-1-14-Notes-PS4-Xbox-One-PC-Stadia

[December 2, 2019] General / Miscellaneous – PC

• Improvements to fix an issue that resulted in a crash when running out of memory
      Any users experiencing memory-related error messages should check their virtual memory settings are correct by following the instructions on this support article
      https://support.rockstargames.com/articles/360038178954/
    • Improvements to fix an issue that resulted in potential save corruption and permanent loss of progress if the player was signed out of their Social Club account while in Story Mode
    • Improvements to fix an issue that resulted in partial lighting of hair/fur when the Resolution Scale graphical setting was set to higher than the native resolution
    • Improvements to fix an issue that resulted in a crash when entering the Landing Page during game startup
    • Improvements to fix an issue that resulted in a crash during initial startup for some specific hardware configurations
    • Improvements to fix an issue that resulted in random crashes during gameplay on systems using a Nvidia GTX 970 graphics card
    • Improvements to fix an issue that resulted in a crash when starting the Benchmark Tool on low-end systems
    • Improvements to fix an issue that resulted in instability on some systems running Windows 10 Version 1090 (November 2019 Update)
    • Improvements to fix an issue that resulted in audio stuttering/stalling when the game is running at high framerates
    • Improvements to fix an issue that resulted in pixelated/blocky rendering artifacts on shadows during some cutscenes
    • Improvements to fix an issue that resulted in rendering and lighting artifacts when the Screen Space Ambient Occlusion graphical option was set to Ultra
    • Improvements to fix several issues that resulted in rendering and lighting artifacts on some systems during gameplay
    • Improvements to fix several issues that resulted in random crashes during gameplay in Story Mode and Red Dead Online

angelgraves13, Smokey25 and Amaze like this.
  4. Smokey25

Smokey25 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 EVGA FTW+
    Hell yeah new patch ! Seems to be some good fixes.

Im glad theyve been working so hard with Nvidia to fix the issues alot of people had.

Improvements to fix an issue that resulted in pixelated/blocky rendering artifacts on shadows during some cutscenes - I had this during normal gameplay aswell ( Not always though,it just happend randomly ),hope it's completely gone now.

5. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Exactly what i needed.

Smokey25 likes this.
  6. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Improvements to fix an issue that resulted in rendering and lighting artifacts when the Screen Space Ambient Occlusion graphical option was set to Ultra

Nice. This wasn't a huge problem but I did notice it every now and then.

7. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    :eek::eek::eek:

I stopped last night after I reached Chapter 5. My friend, who finished the game on PS4, also made several mentions of Chapter 5. You have me intrigued my friend!

8. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
  9. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Interesting, I'm actually losing 3-4 fps average with this update. I'm done playing the game right now but I thought I'd fire up the benchmark out of curiosity. Noticed a few spots that used to hold at 60 now going down in the low 50's, not a huge deal since I think this game does perfectly fine at a solid 45fps. Just something I thought I'd mention if anybody else noticed changes in their average fps results.

Deleted member 109358 likes this.
  10. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    Do you guys have some water shimmering issues? Like the water sometimes starts to move, like a texture issue

11. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Yeah, I have that since... patch 3? I think.
    If you do a 360, it's gone.

12. What an interesting bug. I have not witnessed it myself, but... wow.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2019
    Undying, Solfaur, -Tj- and 2 others like this.
  13. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    2 day till steam release, probaby gonna get a new ssd for this and a few other games though. so next week i can play maybe they can squeeze out another update.

14. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I've been waiting on the Steam release but price will determine whether I finally cave and use another provider.
    It had better be competitive.

15. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Yeah, i have this since patch3 as well.

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    lol :D

17. I dont know if its a bug or not but Ive had multiple times where you come across thise random hostage missions. Often a little camp and someone tied up. On atleast 5 occasions now Ive cleared thise camps and freed the hostage only to see the scenario respawn instantly, everyone appears again and Im in the middle of them all getting shot with bullets lol

18. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    That's just typical Rockstar online experience. I've encountered a handful of broken missions.

19. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Is RockStar services down? My Rockstar Game Launcher is stuck on "Updating Rockstar Games Launcher" and the status bar like 10% of the way up and not moving.. The status bar is actually flickering too... WTF

Edit: I had to end up reinstalling the launcher...

20. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
    connos and MarkyG like this.