Extreme 4-Way Sli Tuning

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by A M D BugBear, Mar 10, 2019.

1. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    THE VANISHING OF ETHAN CARTER(UE4 VERSION) - 4-WAY SLI - UPDATE - 12/2/19:

Game Is Almost pretty much done tuning.

I went through a great deal tuning under:

[/Script/Engine.RendererSettings]

I am trying to keep it small as possible underneath this Script.

To all the 4-Way tuner's out there, Absolute fair warning while tuning under:

One little minute change can drastically effect performance, so MAKE SURE you check your fps performance,etc,etc while playing the game, one line at a time, Never multiply, One by One.

Couple things here.

One gave me a booster:

r.FastVRam.PostProcessMaterial=1
    r.GBufferFormat=5
    r.EarlyZPass=3

This one helps a bit

Also as mentioned before:

r.AlsoUseSphereForFrustumCull=1

On top of that, I very strongly recommend doing the following when entering new line underneath:

While tuning under 4-way mode, After inserting the parameters you wish, before you even thinking about starting up the game, MAKE SURE that you re-load your last good working Ethan Carter Profile, This will assure that your scaling operates at its peakest, failure to do so, you might see some decrease in performance, you MUST do this ever time you are deleting a particular parameter or adding a new one, There might/will be a chance that you will experience decrease overall scaling potential, so absolutely aware of this at all times while tuning, No exceptions.

There has been times that I had to re-install the drivers cause I saw some reduction in scaling, switched everything back to way I had it, nope, could been that BSOD I had eariler while tuning, but everything is fine now.

That's another thing, while tuning under 4-way, be well prepared for anything to go wrong, including BSOD, this is natural progress, part of the tuning process, no need to worry, once you fully stabilize the situation, everything is GOLD...

Final Conclusion, Hopefully by tommorrow or next day.

I jotted down some quick performance test on the train tracks, just moving foward then back to where I was originally.

Resolution slider @ 100%, 2400p, With custom Engine.renderSettings

Along with(UnderGameuserSettings):

[ScalabilityGroups]
    sg.ResolutionQuality=100
    sg.ViewDistanceQuality=3
    sg.AntiAliasingQuality=3
    sg.ShadowQuality=3
    sg.FoliageQuality=4
    sg.PostProcessQuality=3
    sg.TextureQuality=3
    sg.EffectsQuality=3

1 GPU:

MIN FPS: 27 FPS
    MAX FPS: 34 FPS

4: GPU's:

MIN FPS: 95 FPS
    MAX FPS: 140 FPS

MS(Frametime) seems good too:

around upper 9ms-12/13MS(Frametime)

Any Stuttering??? If so, Extremely small, nothing to be concern about.

Overall Very good I think.

And to Rub it all in/Topping it all off:

Everything is done Under:

SFR Rendering Mode...

Stay tuned for final results later, Doing finishing touches on the tuning part, Check final overall stability.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
    harry9x and jura11 like this.
  2. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    THE VANISHING OF ETHAN CARTER(UE4 VERSION) - 4-WAY SLI - URGENT UPDATE - 12/3/19:

Found another good booster to this game, I don't really touch this unless I really need to, usually I never do.

Open up your nvidia inspector program

Under 1 - Compatibility:

Ambient Occlusion Compatibility:

Currently mine is set to:

0x00000021 (Gears of War)

I have yet to try more of this, but already, initial impression on it is impressive, in certain locations, movement areas, I gained probably up to 10 fps.

Already a game changer in a way.

Keep checking for the latest updates. Final conclusion coming very soon.

So far, Overall scaling is an Animal...

Already, 2 thumbs up...

Certain spots, angle, there is some scaling reduction, but 99% for the most part, It scales Extremely Well...

Very Impressive results, along with 0 Graphic Anomalies of any kind, pretty much no stuttering whatsoever, frametime is good too as well.

ANOTHER URGENT UPDATE:

To those who's Tuning this game on Multi-setup Gpu's, Open up your nvidia inspector profile program, Click on the magnifying glass on top of the program and make this single change below:

Under unknown PREDEFINED nvidia settings:

0x70E46F20 - Set to: 0x00000001 (UDK (Unreal Development Kit) based games, AngleLib, Hitman 2, engine, heroes, launcher).

Already, in the scaling reduction areas where the scaling needs to be improved on, I have gained quite a bit, on 2 different angles:

Camera Angle 1:

Before: 126 fps
    After: 142 fps

Camera Angle 2:

Before: 116+ FPS
    After: 126+ FPS

So take a look at this particular setting ID.

If you all don't have 0x70E46F20 in the Nvidia inspector program, Easy solution.

Export your Your profile:

Export ALL driver Profiles(NVIDIA TEXT FORMAT):

LOOK FOR:

Profile "The vanishing of Ethan Carter Redux" UserSpecified=true

Then add this below:

Setting ID_0x70e46f20 = 0x00000001 UserSpecified=true

Thanks for reading once again.

harry9x and jura11 like this.
  3. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX
    Thank you

I was able to use most of this to improve Ethan Carter Performance.I also play with the slider at 150% resolution scale (native 3840x2160)

Grazie

4. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    You would have to, If I set my resolution lower then 4k, the overall scaling potential drastically goes down, at yours, with those 4 titan V's, 32gb edition's, you should be playing 4k @ 200% resolution slider, 8k, which ever, that's if you can manage to get them to scale at all.

TRAILER VIDEO BEFORE FINAL CONCLUSION, GET READY:

2nd VIDEO:

jura11 likes this.

5. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

As many guys said, you have done a great work on 4 way SLI which is not very common or I would say its totally uncommon for gaming and many guys over will definitely benefit from yours work

I don't have too much experience with 4 way SLI or SLI, I only run SLI in past with GTX1080's which never worked as I thought so

I still think you will benefit from water cooling this build, you are already running Enthoo Primo which I have run and used with my previous build where I run 3*GPUs setup with 360mm and 240mm radiator which have been more than a enough for cooling such setup... Plus dual CPU setup it would benefit from it and mainly would look better too in my view, I have done few dual CPU builds with E5 2699 and friend build has run that time 6*GPUs setup and must admit his build looked awesome

I would expect temperatures in 30's to 40's under load with 4*GPUs under water maybe lower because you are running GTX970 which are not power hungry as RTX 2080Ti or other cards

If its worth it going with water cooling build, yes definitely if you are running multiple GPUs and CPU there

When I run GTX only I used only 3xx series of drivers because with them I have best experience and best performance, newer drivers are just rubbish

Wish I could add more to it, I don't use SLI at all and my experience with SLI is really limited

Hope this helps and good luck there

Thanks, Jura

6. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli

Thanks for your reply, in regards about temps, long you have proper fans in front of the gpus, and on the side, and spacers inbetween each card, thermal paste completely upgraded, thermal pads on back of the pcb where the vrms are at, additional heatsink on those areas, additional heatsinks back of the gpu/where you see 4 chips, and extra heatsinks for the memories, back of the card, as the memories run BRUTALLY HOT...

Only then, I will 100% guarantee that everything will work as accordingly on ALL the games I personally fined tuned, Especially ECHO, that being the worse in temps, your not kiddin'.

Before anyone thinking about getting into 4-way sli, better be well prepared what you are all getting into, not what you think it is...

First, I would Very Strongly Recommend Getting a dual psu, for extra stability concern, and yes they do help TONS...

How I connect mine, main psu to everything and 1st 2 gpu's.

secondary PSU is for all other misc cooling for the GPU's themselves and powering up the last 3rd and 4th gpu's.

2nd: Focus on the cooling dept, make sure everything is in check...

3rd of all: Get your copy of nvidia inspector profile program and do your tuning...

Personally, I would only use my thread as reference to get people started, if you seriously want to learn the right way, you do everything on your own, Like I have, Everything pretty much was done on my own...

So that being said, only use my thread as reference, you must do your tuning on your own part for the most part in order to learn and to break it through...

With continuous tuning, every day pretty much, if you can manage 6 months str8, your at the break point, just smoothing it out...

Once again, thanks for your reply.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
  7. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    THE VANISHING OF ETHAN CARTER(UE4 VERSION) - 4-WAY SLI - URGENT UPDATE - 12/4/19:

Just heads up on the tuning part.

Everything is looking excellent, only certain places I am trying to beef up the scaling, I am making very short progress as time goes by, these places is when your entering buildings and such, but scaling is reduced in certain angles being viewed and the camera angle...

That being said, the outside terrain area, pretty much 100% of the time, Scales Beautifully with no signs of graphic anomalies...

So working on certain sections as we speak...

Games seems to be very stable, no crash, actually there is one particular crash, investigating as we speak...

When you enter this small house, examining the letter, the moment you try to put it back, you hear a swoosh sound effects from the game and the game quits very unexpectedly, currently working/investigating the issue as we speak...

Other then massive scaling drop in certain angles,etc in buildings, everything scales beautifully...

And just another heads up, I found another booster that will help in weak scaling areas.

Go to unknown PREDEFINED nvidia settings and make the changes below:

0x00854CAB - Set to: 0x00000028 (Battlefield 4)

Gonna take some time just a tad more, thanks for reading.

ANOTHER URGENT UPDATE:

There is this one particular cut-scene in the game, the only work around it is to go back to 1 gpu mode, complete the cut-scene, switch back to 4-way and enjoy the game once more, currently working around the issue, similar to the letter crash.

ANOTHER CRASH FOUND:

While in the round spaceship, in the beginning of the game, if you view the back of yourself, or look at the floor, you will crash and game will quit, Already confirmed it several times on my side.

Even if you keep the camera in the middle and trying to view behind you, you may get a crash, truthfully, if you want to complete this, again, do 1 gpu mode only, once complete, go back to 4-way mode, there is no way around it.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
  8. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    THE VANISHING OF ETHAN CARTER(UE4 VERSION) - 4-WAY SLI - CRASHING UPDATE - 12/6/19:

I have figured out a way to keep the crashing under certain points of the game under check, including the spaceship scene.

1st of all, Switch your rendering mode to AFR

2nd: Under Sli Compatiblity bits (DX10+DX11):

0x0<<~~ Keep this one just like the sfr, 8

then

0x00000<<~~ Switch from 2 to 1.

I didn't try this one particular cuts-scene as I am already passed that scene but I will re-check to confirm to see if it works or not but first initial impression, this works...

Also another thing, that being said, this game was completely fine tuned for ONLY under SFR Rendering mode...

Initial impression under AFR mode is very impressive but I notice in weak scaling spots/angles, like in houses and such, performs a tad worse, but overall, if you want the best performance, use SFR...

I will provide all of my BITS,etc info when final conclusion comes...

I am still hard at work trying to figure out the reduce scaling issues in certain parts of this one particular building, certain camera view works excellent, certain angles and such = no...

I even went outside, really investigate the area to see what was causing the drag, very very interesting and Very Very frustrating to say at least...

This is one haunted house I recommend and I kid you not, :)

I personally went through TONS and TONS of r. stuff to put in my folder and other rendering settings within the engine .ini folder, pretty much: Every Tom, Dick & Harry...

Alot of work and performance checking...

Overall scales like Beast but only few certain spots/locations there is reduction and these are NOT very easy to deal with, not at all...

I'll do some more bit tuning to see if I can further improve some of these situations, but game is pretty much done...

Overall Graphic Anomalies problems??? Longs your overclock's stable, you should experience 0 issues...

Further Observation with the MS(Frametime), Lowest I have seen is in the 4ms range, EXCELLENT!!!

While Walking and such, around 6-8MS, depending where you are in the game, overall, MS(Frametime) = EXCELLENT!, with no signs on instability from it... Gpu Bus Usage is around 1% or lower = Excellent/No abnormal reactions.
    Will be done soon...

There is one exception though, there is a very rare stutter/hang while playing but will quickly go back, so no concerns.

Other then those certain scaling reduction areas = EXCELLENT SCALING!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
    jura11 likes this.
  9. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    THE VANISHING OF ETHAN CARTER(UE4 VERSION) - 4-WAY SLI - FINAL CONCLUSION #1 - 12/9/19:

Here it is everyone, Long awaited ending conclusion to this one hell of a game...

If you all want some depth while reading this, please listen to this while reading:

There is Lots of stuff to cover about this game but I'll try to keep it long and short, just WAY to many stuff to cover...

First of all, Far as performance test is concerned, I did 3 independent test's here:

1st in 2400p @ Resolution slider set to 100%.

2nd: in 2400p @ resolution slider set to 150%(5760x3600/6K)

3rd and last: 1600p @ resolution Slider @ 200%(5120x3200/5k Resolution)

The 2nd and the 3rd testing, I had to be Extremely careful as there was quite a bit of stuttering while moving the camera, so I had to be very careful to get accurate performance readings, Especially the one with 2400p + resolution slider @ 150%.

Those 2 settings, The water effect was set to enabled but if you turn it off, most of the stuttering is gone, but this strictly performance test only.

Far as my base reference work of tuning, Tons of work was acquired from this site:

https://digilander.libero.it/ZioYuri78/

However that being said, I want to make it perfectly clear to everyone, ALL tuning, ALL performance check, All everything in this game, was done everything on my own and no one else.

Before I start, first of all make sure under your Launch options under steam for this game, Make sure you type in the following:

-useallavalaiblecores

No need to use unpark cpu program, already used it, I saw some reduction in fps, but yes the command line does help...

Unpark cpu I only used for the game Echo, Tried it for this game, no need, do not use.

There has been very interesting Challenges in this game and very frustrating moments while tuning this game, for example:

In this one particular building, Section sections scales extremely well, for instance, if you enter this building, then face left in this hallway, scaling reduction is present but when you walk down this hallway and look back where you started, scaling is top dog, Alot of investigation/observation was done, even went outside, Really checked around the building, top to bottom, to see what was causing the issue, certain things reminds me while tuning Echo but it was more stubborn to deal with, I went through considerably amounts of time figuring out the issue, right down to the very dirt of it, Absolutely, totally insane, Although increasing the resolution slider will overcome this but in turn, massive stuttering in this area, even if every graphic settings were disabled...

There seems to be 0 graphic anomalies of any kind, I did find one particular one, in the church building, while facing to the front door, some of the windows kinda flicker, but this is extremely minor, the actual game itself = 0 Graphic issues, even the water puddles on the bridge = 0 graphic anomalies.

The Detail Distance during my testing was set to low in order for get the best overall scaling potential, although it can be used but for better performance, it is set to low.

This game was tuned under SFR rendering mode from the ground up, however I did some AFR testing, SFR provides in certain situations = MUCH better overall scaling power, but like before, this game was NOT being tuned under AFR, this game was Strictly fine tuned under SFR rendering mode...

Fast foward to Performance readings, I am skipping a great deal of stuff I went through in this game, WAY to much to cover, making it short as possible and get right down to the one we ALL been waiting for: THE RESULTS!!!

As a remainder to all, Some of these results, was over-performing, VERY VERY VERY few games had this, namely hitman, well known for it, DQ11 in certain situations had this, Over-performing, for example:

if 1 gpu gives 15 fps, 4 will give 65 or so, as an example, I know this doesn't make sense, But this is the case here, hitman was well known for it, well, on my own personal testing.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TEST 1: 2400p/res slider @ 100%/max graphic settings/detail distance set low/Extremely modified engine.ini.

Rendering mode of choice: SFR RENDERING MODE...

FOREST SCENE #1:

1 GPU: MIN FPS: 29//AVG FPS: 36//MAX FPS: 40//1% LOW: 29 FPS//.1% LOW: 18 FPS

4 GPU's: MIN FPS: 94//AVG FPS: 129//MAX FPS: 151//1% LOW: 78 FPS//.1% LOW: 54 FPS

FOREST SCENE #2:

1 GPU: MIN FPS: 26//AVG FPS: 36//MAX FPS: 54//1% LOW: 28 FPS//.1% LOW: 18 FPS

4 GPU's: MIN FPS: 95//AVG FPS: 118//MAX FPS: 200//1% LOW: 69 FPS//.1% LOW: 13 FPS

FOREST SCENE #3:

1 GPU:
    MIN FPS: 28//AVG FPS: 31//MAX FPS: 40//1% LOW: 22 FPS//.1% LOW: 15 FPS

4 GPU's: MIN FPS: 93//AVG FPS: 114//MAX FPS: 138//1% LOW: 82 FPS//.1% LOW: 21 FPS

BRIDGE SCENE #1/FOWARD THEN BACK TO ORIGINAL LOCATION:

1 GPU:
    MIN FPS: 33//AVG FPS 41 FPS//MAX FPS: 50//1% LOW: 32 FPS//.1% LOW: 17 FPS

4 GPU's: MIN FPS: 114//AVG FPS: 136//MAX FPS: 177//1% LOW: 92 FPS//.1% LOW: 42 FPS

COASTAL TRAIL AREA:

1 GPU:
    MIN FPS: 27//AVG FPS: 34//MAX FPS: 41//1% LOW: 26 FPS//.1% LOW: 9 FPS

4 GPU's: MIN FPS: 108//AVG FPS: 129//MAX FPS: 154//1% LOW: 95 FPS//.1% LOW: 71 FPS

TRAIN TRACKS SCENE:

1 GPU:
    MIN FPS: 28//AVG FPS: 36//MAX FPS: 40//1% LOW: 29 FPS//.1% LOW: 18

4 GPU's: MIN FPS: 109//AVG FPS: 128//MAX FPS: 148//1% LOW: 95 FPS//.1% LOW: 65 FPS

BRIDGE SCENE #2/FOWARD THEN BACK TO ORIGINAL LOCATION:

1 GPU:
    MIN FPS: 37//AVG FPS: 43 FPS//MAX FPS: 51//1% LOW: 19 FPS//.1% LOW: 9 FPS

4 GPU's: MIN FPS: 134//AVG FPS: 157//MAX FPS: 170//1% LOW: 117 FPS//.1% LOW: 76 FPS

BUILDING SCENE/SCALING REDUCTIONS IN THIS AREA IS PRESENT AS MENTIONED EARILER):

1 GPU:
    MIN FPS: 46//AVG FPS: 54//MAX FPS: 63//1% LOW: 38 FPS//.1% LOW: 11

4 GPU's: MIN FPS: 104//AVG FPS: 162//MAX FPS: 203//1% LOW: 28 FPS//.1% LOW: 8 FPS

THIS AREA COVERS STATIONARY/IDLE WHILE VIEWING IN THESE AREAS/NO MOVEMENT IS BEING MADE IN OTHER WORDS:

INSIDE RAIL CAR/FACING FOWARD:

1 GPU:
    52 FPS

4 GPU's: 195 FPS

COASTAL AREA:

1 GPU:
    54 FPS

4 GPU's: 193 FPS

BRIDGE SCENIC VIEW:

1 GPU:
    52 FPS

4 GPU's: 197 FPS

SCENERY OUTLOOK/FACING DOWN TOWARDS BUILDING:

1 GPU:
    41 FPS

4 GPU's: 160 FPS

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TEST #2: 2560x1600/Max Graphic Settings(Except for water in building areas)/Res Slider set to 200%/Extremely modified Engine.ini...

Kept movement pattern throughout the test same as Test #1, to make sure everything was precise and correct, Results:

FOREST SCENE #1:

1 GPU:
    MIN FPS: 16//AVG FPS: 22//MAX FPS: 24//1% LOW: 15 FPS//.1% LOW: 10 FPS

4 GPU's: MIN FPS: 60// AVG FPS: 78//MAX FPS: 93//1% LOW: 53 FPS//.1% LOW: 38 FPS

FOREST SCENE #2:

1 GPU: MIN FPS: 16// AVG FPS: 19//MAX FPS: 31//1% LOW: 16 FPS//.1% LOW: 15 FPS

4 GPU's: MIN FPS: 60//AVG FPS 71//MAX FPS 112//1% LOW: 53 FPS//.1% LOW: 25 FPS

FOREST SCENE #3:

1 GPU:
    MIN FPS: 17//AVG FPS: 19//MAX FPS: 22//1% LOW: 14 FPS//.1% LOW: 9 FPS

4 GPU's: MIN FPS: 57//AVG FPS: 68//MAX FPS: 89//1% LOW: 50 FPS//.1% LOW: 40 FPS

BRIDGE SCENE #1(FOWARD THEN BACK TO ORIGINAL LOCATION):

1 GPU:
    MIN FPS: 19 FPS//AVG FPS: 22//MAX FPS: 27//1% LOW: 19 FPS//.1% LOW: 14 FPS

4 GPU's: MIN FPS: 68 FPS//AVG FPS: 86//MAX FPS: 107//1% LOW: 61 FPS//.1% LOW: 52 FPS

COASTAL AREA SCENE

1 GPU:
    MIN FPS: 15//AVG FPS: 18//MAX FPS: 23//1% LOW: 15 FPS//.1% LOW: 9 FPS

4 GPU's: MIN FPS: 59//AVG FPS: 71//MAX FPS: 90//1% LOW: 50 FPS//.1% LOW 8 FPS

TRAIN TRACKS SCENE:

1 GPU:
    MIN FPS: 16//AVG FPS: 19//MAX FPS: 22//1% LOW: 16 FPS//.1% LOW: 14 FPS

4 GPU's: MIN FPS: 61//AVG FPS// 72//MAX FPS: 81//1% LOW: 49 FPS//.1% LOW: 29 FPS

BRIDGE SCENE #2(ALL THE WAY FOWARD TO THE OTHER SIDE):

1 GPU:
    MIN FPS: 22 FPS//AVG FPS: 24//MAX FPS: 28//1% LOW: 21//.1% LOW: 19 FPS

4 GPU's: MIN FPS: 78//AVG FPS: 86//MAX FPS: 99//1% LOW: 60 FPS//.1% LOW: 30 FPS

BRIDGE SCENE #3(BACK TO ORIGINAL POINT FROM BRIDGE SCENE 2):

1 GPU:
    MIN FPS: 19//AVG FPS: 23//MAX FPS: 25//1% LOW: 19//.1% LOW 17 FPS

4 GPU's: MIN FPS: 73//AVG FPS: 94//MAX FPS: 100//1% LOW: 70 FPS//.1% LOW: 57 FPS

BUILDING SCENE(STUTTERING IS PRSENT IN THIS AREA/USED WATER EFFECTS WAS SWITCHED TO OFF TO PREVENT MASSIVE STUTTERING IN THIS AREA/TRIED TO BE CAREFUL OF THE CAMERA SO IT WOULD NOT AFFECT IT, RESULTS:

1 GPU:
    MIN FPS: 25//AVG FPS: 29//MAX FPS: 33//1% LOW: 24 FPS//.1% LOW: 11 FPS

4 GPU's: MIN FPS: 107//AVG FPS: 113//MAX FPS: 133//1% LOW: 40 FPS//.1% LOW: 10 FPS

THIS AREA COVERS STATIONARY/IDLE WHILE VIEWING IN THESE AREAS/NO MOVEMENT IS BEING MADE IN OTHER WORDS:

INSIDE RAIL CAR/FACING FOWARD:

1 GPU:
    30 FPS

4 GPU's: 105 FPS

COASTAL AREA:

1 GPU:
    30 FPS:

4 GPU's: 112 FPS

BRIDGE SCENIC VIEW:

1 GPU:
    27 FPS

4 GPU's: 113 FPS

1 GPU:
    22 FPS

4 GPU's: 88 FPS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3RD & FINAL TEST: 2400p/Res slider @ 150%/Graphic Settings set to MAX/Extremely modified engine.ini.

Kept movement pattern throughout the test same as Test #1 & Test #2, to make sure everything was precise and correct, Results:

FOREST SCENE 1:

1 GPU:
    MIN FPS: 12//AVG FPS: 15//MAX FPS: 18//1% LOW: 11 FPS//.1% LOW: 7 FPS

4 GPU's: MIN FPS: 42//AVG FPS: 55//MAX FPS: 64//1% LOW: 40 FPS//.1% LOW: 30 FPS

FOREST SCENE 2:

1 GPU:
    MIN FPS: 9//AVG FPS: 10//MAX FPS: 20//1% LOW: 8 FPS//.1% LOW: 8 FPS

4 GPU's: MIN FPS: 35//AVG FPS: 52//MAX FPS: 96//1% LOW: 32 FPS//.1% LOW: 18

FOREST SCENE 3:

1 GPU:
    MIN FPS: 10//AVG FPS: 13//MAX FPS: 16 FPS//1% LOW: 9 FPS//.1% LOW: 7 FPS

4 GPU's: MIN FPS: 40 FPS//AVG FPS: 49//MAX FPS: 82//1% LOW: 32 FPS//.1% LOW: 7 FPS

BRIDGE SCENE #1(FOWARD THEN BACK TO ORIGINAL LOCATION):

1 GPU:
    MIN FPS: 16//AVG FPS: 19//MAX FPS: 22//1% LOW: 15 FPS//.1% LOW: 9 FPS

4 GPU's: MIN FPS: 55//AVG FPS: 68//MAX FPS: 82//1% LOW: 49//.1% LOW: 45 FPS

COASTAL SCENE:

1 GPU:
    MIN FPS: 10//AVG FPS: 13//MAX FPS: 16//1% LOW: 8//.1% LOW: 5 FPS

4 GPU's: MIN FPS: 43//AVG FPS: 53//MAX FPS: 71//1% LOW: 38//.1% LOW: 13

TRAIN TRACKS SCENE:

1 GPU:
    MIN FPS: 11//AVG FPS: 13//MAX FPS: 16//1% LOW: 11//.1% LOW: 11 FPS

4 GPU's: MIN FPS: 48//AVG FPS: 57//MAX FPS: 65//1% LOW: 42//.1% LOW: 14 FPS

BRIDGE SCENE #2(ALL THE WAY FOWARD TO THE OTHER SIDE):

1 GPU:
    MIN FPS:16//MAX FPS: 18//MAX FPS: 20//1% LOW: 16 FPS//.1% LOW: 15 FPS

4 GPU's: MIN FPS: 61//AVG FPS: 69//MAX FPS: 81//1% LOW: 56 FPS//.1% LOW: 11 FPS:

BRIDGE SCENE #3(BACK TO ORIGINAL POINT FROM BRIDGE SCENE 2):

1 GPU:
    MIN FPS: 15//AVG FPS: 17//MAX FPS: 19//1% LOW: 13 FPS//.1% LOW: 11 FPS

4 GPU's: MIN FPS: 62//AVG FPS: 74//MAX FPS: 79//1% LOW: 62 FPS//.1% LOW: 51 FPS

BUILDING SCENE(NOT USED/TO MUCH PROBLEMS/VERY VERY INACCURATE RESULTS/NOT CONDUCTED).

RAIL CAR(INSIDE/FACING FOWARD):

1 GPU:
    22 FPS

4 GPU's: 75 FPS:

COASTAL SCENE AREA:

1 GPU:
    19 FPS

4 GPU's: 81 FPS(Over-Performing)

BRIDGE SCENIC VIEW:

1 GPU:
    18 FPS

4 GPU's: 88 FPS(Over-Performing as mentioned before/Double checked from 1 gpu/This is Accurate results)

1 GPU:
    13 FPS

4 GPU's: 67 FPS(Over-perfoming)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TEMP RESULTS:

Ambient temp: slightly over 70 degrees Fahrenheit, Good amounts of time playing, Results are as follows:

GPU 1: 67c
    GPU 2: 71c
    GPU 3: 71c
    GPU 4: 69-70c

Before I continue on any further, I MUST mention certain extremely important factors here that MUST not overlooked under any circumstances...

Just like games Like Sekiro: Shadows die twice, as mentioned before on this thread, upon loading saved game, the consistency of your FPS isn't always the same, for example.

In this game(Ethan Carter) take for example, @ 2400p/Res slider @ 150%, While in the rail car/on the bridge, while inside, facing foward, at one time I get 75 fps, I checked several other times, it says 65...

Another example, @ 1600p/Res slider set to 200%:

In the rail car/facing foward:

Fps can be from 95 to 105/like a 10 fps difference, other parts of this game had this problem, so before I was doing my own personal testing, I had to get the highest fps possible before I even thinking about recording my fps down...

In order to correct this, usually it does, sometime it doesn't:

1st of all: start a new game, Then just like in Echo's Case, Look to where you have the highest fps, namely zooming into the ground/floor/wall/sky/etc, This at sometimes will correct the issue, if not, exit out the game, restart the game to see if the fps improves, if it does, enjoy the game.

And yes, This actually fixed the fps issue in Remnant: Beyond the Ashes, 100% confirmation on my side.

2nd of all:

Even under 1 gpu mode/1600p/Res slider @ 200%, despite fps not being high, It is still very very playable, although high MS(Frametime) is present, still Absolutely very playble just to let everyone know, even @ 2400p/Res slider to 150%, although kinda laggy in some places to certain degree, again, still very playable, but I wouldn't do 1 gpu in this case in a long run, if you want to, I would do 1440p/1600p/res slider to 200% if you want to go absolutely crazy with the settings, like before I said, very playable, give it a try, just change your camera/mouse sensitivity a bit, all set.

3rd of all:

If you all running the same gpu's as I am, and want to do 1600p/res slider to 200%/and want to really minimize the stuttering issue, simply turn off the Water Effects and all set, still though, stuttering will be present but its NO WHERE NEAR as bad.

And lastly:

You will experience some crashing while under sfr mode While putting back items after viewing them/spaceship scene in the beginning(While viewing the other-way or facing the ground), and other cut-scene, to bypass this, use AFR mode, I will provide the bits down below, keep on reading...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Move on to next post, I could NOT save as there was to much writing here, Just hit the limit.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
    jura11 likes this.
  10. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    THE VANISHING OF ETHAN CARTER(UE4 VERSION) - 4-WAY SLI - FINAL CONCLUSION #2 - 12/9/19:

THIS IS A CONTINUATION FROM THE FINAL CONCLUSION #1, I HIT THE LIMIT ON HOW MUCH I CAN TYPE, SO IF NOT, PLEASE BE SURE TO SCROLL UP AND READ THE FINAL CONCLUSION #1, THE POST BEFORE THIS BEFORE MOVING ON TO THIS, THANKS.

And the section that everyone has been waiting for and the last piece to this incredible ordeal of troubles and nonsense/the Custom engine.ini parameters and Sli Bits, here they are but FIRST:

ABSOLUTELY FAIR WARNING WHEN USING MY OWN CUSTOM ENGINE.INI AND MY NVIDIA INSPECTOR PROFILE BITS:

ONLY, I REPEAT, ONLY FOR THE NVIDIA GTX 970 FAMILY AND NOTHING ELSE, ABSOLUTELY NO EXCEPTIONS WHATSOEVER PERIOD, MAKE SURE OF THIS BEFORE CONTINUING.

MAY OR MAY IT WORK WITH GTX 980, IF ANYONE ATTEMPTS AND IT WORKS, PLEASE LEAVE POST, BUT I WILL NOT GUARANTEE NOTHING ON THIS AS ITS NEVER BEEN TESTED WITH 980'S, ONLY FOR 970'S, SO ANYONE ATTEMPTS, ABSOLUTELY AT YOUR OWN RISK AND WILL HOLD ABSOLUTELY NO RESPONSIBILITY WHATSOEVER IF ANYTHING GOES WRONG, THANKS.

ALSO ON TOP OF THAT, ONLY WITH WIN 10 X64(15063.1703/RS2/RTM).

IF BOTH ARE MET, I WILL 110% GUARANTEE EVERYTHING WILL WORK AS ACCORDINGLY, IF NOT, 0% I WILL GUARANTEE, SO BE ABSOLUTELY AWARE OF THIS BEFORE CONTINUING ON FORTH.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First go to your c: drive/user/Appdata/local/EthanCarter/Windowsnofolder

Look for GameUserSettings, Make sure your ScalabilityGroups looks like this:

[ScalabilityGroups]
    sg.ResolutionQuality=100
    sg.ViewDistanceQuality=3
    sg.AntiAliasingQuality=3
    sg.ShadowQuality=3
    sg.FoliageQuality=4
    sg.PostProcessQuality=3
    sg.TextureQuality=3
    sg.EffectsQuality=3

Next, go to Engine .ini and add this below:

r.EnableAsyncComputeTranslucencyLightingVolumeClear=1
    r.UseParallelGetDynamicMeshElementsTasks=1
    r.OcclusionCullParallelPrimFetch=1
    FX.AllowGPUSorting=1
    FX.TestGPUSort=3
    MaterialBaking.UseMaterialProxyCaching=1
    r.Upscale.Quality=3
    r.BasePassOutputsVelocity=0
    r.Tonemapper.GrainQuantization=1
    r.DriverDetectionMethod=4
    r.AmbientOcclusionSampleSetQuality=0
    r.AmbientOcclusionMipLevelFactor=0.5
    r.AmbientOcclusionLevels=4
    r.OptimizeForUAVPerformance=1
    r.oneframethreadlag=2
    r.VPLViewCulling=1
    r.LightCulling.Quality=1
    r.MaterialQualityLevel=1
    r.RecompileRenderer=1
    r.GTSyncType=0
    r.BokehDOFIndexStyle=0
    r.ShaderDevelopmentMode=1
    r.PostProcessing.PreferCompute=1
    r.ShaderPipelines=1
    r.MultithreadedShadowmapEncode=1
    r.AllowLandscapeShadows=1
    r.VolumetricFog=0
    r.AlsoUseSphereForFrustumCull=1
    r.FastVRam.PostProcessMaterial=1
    r.AllowGlobalClipPlane=1
    r.DoTiledReflections=1
    r.ReflectionEnvironment=1
    r.EarlyZPass=1
    r.GBufferFormat=5
    r.so.VisualizeBuffer=1
    r.SubsurfaceQuality=1
    r.SSS.Filter=1
    r.SSS.SampleSet=2
    r.SSS.Checkerboard=2

DO NOT CHANGE ANY PARAMETERS ABOVE, EVERY SINGLE LINE WAS ABSOLUTELY 100% CAREFULLY CHECKED FOR PERFORMANCE, ANY CHANGES OR ADDING ANYTHING TO IT, MAY OR WILL DECREASE OVERALL SCALING POTENTIAL, PLEASE DO NOT ADD ANYTHING TO IT, THANKS, I PERSONALLY WENT THROUGH 100'S OF LINES, DO NOT ADD ANYTHING, IF YOU DO, I WILL NOT GUARANTEE ITS OVERALL STABILITY NOR ITS PERFORMANCE, SO BE ABSOLUTELY AWARE OF THIS BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO ADD ANYTHING.

NVIDIA INSPECTOR PROFILE PROGRAM:

Open up your nvidia inspector program, The one I always use now is this one:

https://github.com/DeadManWalkingTO/NVidiaProfileInspectorDmW

Please use this version just to be safe, I have NOT conducted any testing with any version, so to be safe, use the 3.50 DmW Version of nvidia inspector, thanks.

Back to Nvidia Inspector:

UNDER 1 - COMPATIBILITY:

AMBIENT OCCLUSION COMPATIBILITY: 0x00000021 (Gears of War)

SLI BROADCAST BITS (DX1x): 0x80000080(FOR 2400p/100% RES SLIDER ONLY) - 0x80000880(FOR USING 1600p w/Res Slider 200% or 2400p w/Res slider @ 150% ONLY).

SLI COMPATIBILITY BITS (DX10+DX11): 0x8A8D25F5(SFR Mode) - 0x8A8D15F5(AFR Mode/use only to bypass crashing in the game from in-game cutscenes, etc)

SLI COPY ENGINE BLITTER: 0x00000008 IGNORE_MIN_CE_TRANSFER_SIZE - Ignore d3dreg key MIN_CE_TRANSFER_SIZE and allow all transfer sizes by CE

SLI SPECIFIC HACKS (DX1x): 0xA0000040(FOR 2400p/100% RES SLIDER ONLY) - 0xA0000440(FOR USING 1600p w/Res Slider 200% or 2400p w/Res slider @ 150% ONLY).

2 - SYNC & REFRESH:

GSYNC FEATURES: I have them ALL involving this, Disabled...

MAX PRE-RENDERED FRAMES: Use the 3D application setting

VERTICAL SYNC TEAR CONTROL: ADAPTIVE

5 - COMMON:

AMBIENT OCCLUSION SETTING: PERFORMANCE

AMBIENT OCCLUSION USAGE: ENABLED

CUDA - FORCE P2 STATE - EITHER ON/OFF WILL WORK

MULTI-DISPLAY MIXED-GPU ACCELERATION - Single display performance mode

OPTIMIZE FOR COMPUTE PERFORMANCE - OFF

6 - SLI

ANTI-ALIASING - SLI AA: ENABLED
    NUMBER OF GPU's TO USE ON SLI RENDERING MODE: FOUR
    NVIDIA PREDEFINED # OF GPU's TO USE ON SLI RENDERING MODE(DX1x): FOUR
    NVIDIA PREDEFINED # OF GPU's TO USE ON SLI RENDERING MODE: AUTOSELECT
    NVIDIA PREDEFINED SLI MODE ON DX10: SFR. USE AFR ONLY TO BYPASS CRASHES WITH SFR(CUT-SCENES,ETC).
    SLI RENDERING MODE: SFR. USE AFR ONLY TO BYPASS CRASHES WITH SFR(CUT-SCENES,ETC).

8 - EXTRA:

0x0005F512 - Set to: 0x96184013 Default - DX10 present will be in default mode.

3DSMax Shim Layer - Set to: 0x00000001 Enable - Enable the 3DSMax shim layer on Quadro and GeForce SMB GPUs

CULL_BEFORE_FETCH - Set to: 0x00000007 Always

MCLINKINSTANCED_LIMIT - Set to: 0x00000064 Default - Threshold in megabytes for using of RT/ZB allocations as LinkInstanced (SLI DX9/10)

MCSFRLOADBALANCE - Set to: 0x28384382 Static - each GPU receives a equal amount of pixels to process

PS_ASYNC_SHADER_SCHEDULER_FLAGS - Set to: 0x00001000 DISABLE_OPTIMIZED_SHADER_RECOMPILE - Recompile multiple optimized versions of shaders

-------------------------------------

And the absolute final piece to the puzzle, very important:

The Unknown settings..

First, click on the magnifying glass on top of the nvidia inspector program and make the changes below, If you don't have these, I'll provide another information later that will make it work.

Scroll down to where you see Unknown or it could say:

Unknown PREDEFINED nvidia settings,

Then make the following changes below, be careful while doing it:

0x00035AED - Set to: 0x00000000
    0x0005F543 - Set to: 0x00000000
    0x002533F7 - Set to: 0x00000001 (Battlefield V)
    0x00666634 - Set to: 0x00000000
    0x00666665 - Set to: 0x00000001
    0x00675665 - Set to: 0x00000001
    0x00676635 - Set to: 0x00000001

0x00854CAB - Set to: 0x00000028 (Battlefield 4)
    0x00ABC123 - Set to: 0x00000001
    0x00D5E9C6 - Set to: 0x00000000
    0x00D5E9C7 - Set to: 0x00000000
    0x11FBDF11 - Set to: 0x00000001
    0x507D53AA - Set to: 0x00000001 (Adobe Photoshop)
    0x70092D4A - Set to: 0x0000000D (Star Wars: Battlefront II (2017), Mirror's Edge Catalyst
    0x709ADADA - Set to: 0x11000002 (Batman: Arkham Knight)
    0x709ADADB - Set to: 0x3F6AF9AE (Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice)
    0x70D76B8F - Set to: 0xFFFFFCE0 (NVStWiz, NvStView, Nvidia Stereo Test App)
    0x70E46F20 - Set to: 0x00000001 (UDK (Unreal Development Kit) based games, AngleLib, Hitman 2, etc)
    0x70F8E408 - Set to: 0x0000000D (Star Wars: Battlefront II (2017), Mirror's Edge: Catalyst)
    0x80303A19 - Set to: 0x00000001 (Base Profile)
    0x80857A28 - Set to: 0x00000000 (MPlayer, DepthQ Player, NVIDIA Stereoscopic 3D,etc,etc,etc)
    0x809D5F60 - Set to: 0x00000001 (DirectX12 SDK Samples, Base Profile, Microsoft DirectX SDK apps,etc)

If you don't have some of these, Another method will work...

Within Nvidia Inspector program:

Click on: Export user defined profile, then click on:

Export all drivers profiles (NVIDIA TEXT FORMAT)

Then After exporting the profile, Look into it with wordpad and look for:

Ethan Carter Redux

From start to finish, Delete those and copy and paste this

Profile "The vanishing of Ethan Carter Redux" UserSpecified=true
    ShowOn All
    ProfileType Application
    Executable "ethancarter-win64-console.exe" UserSpecified=true
    Executable "ethancarter-win64-shipping.exe" UserSpecified=true
    Executable "ethancarter.exe" UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x00035aed = 0x00000000 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x0005f543 = 0x00000000 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x0007fbb6 = 0x00000000 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x0013fec2 = 0x00000000 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x00159046 = 0x00000000 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x002533f7 = 0x00000001 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x002c74f1 = 0x00000001 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x002c7f45 = 0x00000021 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x002ecaf2 = 0x00000001 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x00313536 = 0x00001000 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x005a375c = 0x99941284 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x005f5a32 = 0x00000000 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x0064b541 = 0x00000001 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x00664339 = 0x00000001 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x00667329 = 0x00000001 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x00738e8f = 0xfffffffc UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x0078d9d9 = 0x00000000 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x00854cab = 0x00000028 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x009cfec8 = 0x00000008 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x00a06746 = 0xa0000040 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x00a06946 = 0x8a8d25f5 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x00a0694b = 0x80000080 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x00bc6199 = 0x00000000 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x00db3857 = 0x00000064 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x00db3858 = 0x00000000 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x00db834a = 0x00000000 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x1033cec2 = 0x00000004 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x1033ced1 = 0x00000004 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x1033dcd1 = 0x00000004 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x1033dcd3 = 0x00000004 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x103c2e03 = 0x28384382 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x10510e76 = 0x00000007 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x107afc5b = 0x00000001 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x1094f157 = 0x00000000 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x1094f1f7 = 0x00000000 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x10a879ac = 0x00000001 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x10a879cf = 0x00000001 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x10fc2d9c = 0x00000004 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x1194f158 = 0x00000000 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x2089bf6c = 0x00000023 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x507d53aa = 0x00000001 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x70092d4a = 0x0000000d UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x709adada = 0x11000002 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x709adadb = 0x3f6af9ae UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x70d76b8f = 0xfffffce0 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x70e46f20 = 0x00000001 UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x70f8e408 = 0x0000000d UserSpecified=true
    Setting ID_0x809d5f60 = 0x00000001 UserSpecified=true
    EndProfile

MAKE SURE when typing the setting ID portion, have proper spacing like other profiles please, many thanks.

Next, save the file, then import it, everything should be there, including the bits themselves.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FINAL CONCLUSION:

Game was very interesting to work with, at times it could been very frustrating, but overall, decent experience, Alot of tuning was spent within the engine .ini, alot of trail and errors, checking,etc, lots of time was spent on this...

So in the end, do I recommend this under 4-way???

Absolutely yes, only if your resolution is set higher then 3840x2400, as just 2400p, 3-way 970's is more then enough for this game, if your playing 1440p/1600p with res slider to 200%, then I would I would absolutely recommend 4-Way at that point, just make sure your water effects are off so most of the camera rotation stuttering is out of the way...

As you can see, my performance testing results, Were Top Dog to say at least...

In Conclusion:

There was some fps consistency problems while loading up save game while the res. slider is higher then 100%, easy work around is to exit the game, start the game, closely monitor your starting fps, keep checking until you see the highest fps, or at times, you might have to zoom into something like ground/floor/sky,etc, where there is the most fps, then back to normal playing as it might help increase overall scaling potential.

4-Way Sli @ 2400p/res slider 100%: 3-way is more then enough, but this will work to if your doing performance testing,etc,but while playing, really its not needed.

4-way Sli @ 1600p/2400p with higher Res slider count, absolutely yes, 2 thumbs up on this one, despite small stuttering issues while water effects are off.

So to wrap it up, Overall under 4-way mode = 2 thumbs up, Absolutely recommended...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AND THE ENDING SUMMARY:

GPU's USED: 4 GIGABYTE GTX 970's WINDFORCE

NVIDIA GRAPHIC DRIVER USED: 436.65(VULKAN DRIVERS)

GPU CORE SPEEDS: 1532-1533(SINGLE AND 4-WAY SLI TESTS)

GPU MEMORY SPEEDS: 7604 EFFECTIVE(BOTH 1 AND 4-WAY SLI TESTS)

OS USED: WIN 10 X64(15063.1703/RS2-RTM(UPDATE VERSION 2108)

MOTHERBOARD BIOS USED: 4001

SYSTEM RAM USAGE: ABOUT 16GB+

VRAM USAGE: ALL OUT(RES SLIDER HIGHER THEN 100%)

STORAGE USED: SAMSUNG 960 PRO(512GB).

INTEL CHIPSET DRIVER USED: 10.1.18010.8141

ALL TUNING/PERFORMANCE CHECKING/MONITORING/STABILITY CHECKS/ETC = 40+ HRS EASY.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019

11. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    NEXT 4-WAY SLI GAME TO BE WORKED ON - 12/9/19:

Yet to decide which game I will be doing next.

I am skipping Ethan Carter(UE3 version) for now, I want to work on that but already completed the UE4 version, need to take a break.

Really looking into Darksiders III, looks pretty good, Uses UE4 engine.

Other then DarkSiders III:

Right now, looking into:

Grand Theft Auto V(With Mods)
    Heavy Rain
    Quantum Break(Try it again)
    Control
    The Sinking City
    Detroit: Become Human(Available on 12th of dec)
    Earth Defense Force: Iron Rain
    Tom Clancy's: The Division(1st one) - Might go back to it.
    Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey
    Beyond: Two Souls
    Star Wars Jedi Knight: Fallen Order
    The Bard's Tale IV: Barrows Deep
    Pheonix Point
    MechWarrior V
    Halo: Master Chief Collection
    Shenmue III
    The Surge

These are just some that I am now currently looking into..

Still undecided what game I will be really working on next.

In the meantime, if anyone want's me to look into a particular game, I'll be more then happy to look into it.

Vulkan/DX12 only based API's = X at the moment.

DX9/DX10/DX11/Open GL are welcomed.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
    fantaskarsef and jura11 like this.
  12. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Revisiting: Tom Clancy's: The Division(2016) - Update - 12/101/19

Went back on this game to see what I can come up with now.

First, I tried using the Vulkan Drivers: 436.65 as this drivers works pretty darn good with games I have tried, and just as I expected originally before I went back, the tuning in this game is Extremely sensitive...

Just for kicks, I went back to late 2017 Modded Quadro Drivers to see what reaction it will give, it hanged...

Although I have managed the game to load up but scaling is rather weak and at times, the game could hang, it hunged several times, during all these times, I had to do a hard reset, no other choice.

Then look what happens next, you guessed it, sometimes windows won't even load up now as the files are corrupted...

I am back on the system now, fresh and clean, going to hold off on the Division for now...

I still want to do this game but holding off for now, sensitivity on tuning is so bad, probably the worst, up there with Metro: Exodus.

I have never tried The Division with the Vulkan Drivers so I gave it a shot, I also tried it under SFR mode.

I'll try it again on a later time, but for now, shaking head once again with this game.

I now have Heavy Rain on epic and Darksiders III on steam as we speak, so look into those soon.

Check back for future updates, thanks.

jura11 and fantaskarsef like this.
  13. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Quite curious about the bold titles. Not running SLI anymore but I see it as the only possible thing to keep steady high 1440p / 4K fps when it comes to RTX gaming in any future unless they introduce chiplet designs in 2021 or later (maybe).
    Keep it up, always interesting to read the summaries!

14. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    QUANTUM BREAK - 4-WAY SLI - REVISITING UPDATE - 12/11/19:

Decided to give this game one more try, Only been on it for a few.

Going to be working on this game more and best of all, its no where near as bad as The Division, the tuning sensitivity wise, so now I will be able to work much more in peach with this game, god that other game was so bad not even funny.

If anything significant happens along the way, I will post results, but for now, I only been on it just a tad...

That being said, always check back later as this game is now currently:

---WORK IN PROGRESS---

15. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    HEAVY RAIN(PC VERSION) - 4-WAY SLI - FIRST UPDATE - 12/11/19:

Just tried this game for a bit, tried couple of things within nvidia inspector:

1st of all, SFR = Crash, do NOT use until further notice.

2nd: Got Great news for everyone, even though I only been on the game less then hr tuning,

Game is automatically scaling, I am now basically touching the 4th card but this is only in the beginning of the game, while your in your house, not outside, I have not been out there yet so don't know, will give heads up on it later.

I tried, 2400p, there is some black borders, there is a patch for it but not for this resolution.

Also, in order to play in 4k, you MUST have the resolution set on the windows main screen before entering the game, otherwise it will NOT work.

1st initial impression here:

Everything maxed out, 2160p, AA set to SMAA, MSAA to X8, from 1 gpu to 4 gpu's, results are as follows:

1 Gpu: 39 FPS

4 GPU's: up to 123 FPS

Again, only been on this game less then one hr or not even, this is just quick initial impression, no hardcore tuning has been done...

Initial glance, this game will have good potential..

Any Graphic Anomalies? NO, only time is when your in your in-game settings, the reaction during this time reminds me very much of quantum break.

Stay tuned for future updates, as This game and prior post: Quantum Break is:

----------WORK IN PROGRESS----------

fantaskarsef likes this.

16. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    HEAVY RAIN(PC VERSION) - 4-WAY SLI - URGENT/CRITICAL UPDATE ON BITS #1 - 12/11/19:

Those of you who are tuning this game, under:

SLI Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits:

0x00<<~~ this one:

Be absolutely careful and proceed with utmost caution while tuning this particular hex as this one WILL give you a complete hang on the game then a bsod.

Usually all my games works pretty good 8 and above, 9 and B gave me a complete hang at first then a BSOD, 9 and B gave me both different BSOD...

So as of right now, the one that I can confirm now that works perfectly is the letter: A

DO NOT USE ANYTHING ELSE until further notice...

Already confirmed it multiple times on 9 and B, then back to A.

Kinda strange that this one is extremely sensitive to this particular hex, all my games that I have personally tested, normally they are fine, usually 8 and up, normally I see a reduction on scaling performance if its set anything lower then 8, that's fine though, all part of the tuning process, every game will be different of course.

So ONLY USE the letter A,

Would look like this:

0x0A<<~~ = :)

All others = DO NOT USE...

Always check back later as this game is currently:

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
    fantaskarsef likes this.
  17. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    HEAVY RAIN(PC VERSION) - 4-WAY SLI - URGENT/CRITICAL UPDATE ON BITS #2- 12/11/19:

Found Another Critical Update Bits.

Within: SLI Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits:

0x000<<~~ This one

DO NOT USE THE FOLLOWING:

4 & anything higher then 9, which includes: (Letters such as A,B,C,D,E,F)

Doing will give you a Complete hang, only way around it is a complete hard reset...

Again, strange that this game acts up within this hex, many games don't have this issue, Very interesting indeed.

7,8 seems to be working fine and helps with the scaling output potential but I also found something else here:

AA does seem to work in this game properly...

There seems to be scaling reduction anytime you do any kind of interaction, environment interactions etc...

There is a work around this issue but only temporarily..

First, if your MSAA is at X8, and try switching your post processing effect to SMAA or to OFF.

if its at OFF, switch to SMAA, this will fix the issue BUT!!!!, there is something else here too, Jesus:

Again, once you do environment interactions, like open window, closet, or whatever that deals with interaction, if you go back to the original spot that you original were, guess what? Scaling is reduced to where it was before, again, to fix this, you have to use the above method BUT!! it still comes back, like mice on a wheel, Currently investigating and working on the the issue as we SPEAK...

Always check back later as this game is still:

fantaskarsef likes this.
  18. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    HEAVY RAIN(PC VERSION) - 4-WAY SLI - URGENT/CRITICAL UPDATE ON BITS #3- 12/11/19:

LOL, Just can't stop comin'...

Oh my goodness, here we again:

Under Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11) Bits:

0x0000<<~~ This one:

DO NOT have it set to the Digit 0 or anything inbetween 4-7 as it will LOCK on you REAL HARD during initial startup of the game, have to do a hard reset.

Only letters I have tried and worked is A & B, B works the best out of all the ones I have tried.

In other words, at this stage of tuning, ONLY USE THE FOLLOWING:

1,2,3,8,9,A & B <<~~ ONLY USE THESE, NO EXCEPTIONS!!!

So as it stands now, My Sli Bits now looks like this:

0x4A8B15F5

and yes, again

0x0<<~~ this one can play a big role in scaling, be careful when setting it to 5 or 9, might have a slight hang, if so, CNTRL+ALT+DEL to then sign off then re-tune the game once again.

Again, normally don't have this issue with 0x0<<~~ with pretty much all the games I have personally tuned, Very very very sensitive game we got here, I kid you not.

And Also this infamous hex here: 0x00000<<~~ This one(Major player in Scaling and Flicker Control, games in general).

Seems this game is very sensitive to tuning, The Division is much worse then this, can't even compare.

Again, many of my games don't have this sensitivity issue, not even close, this is a very rare one indeed.

So now you all know what 4-Way Sli tuning is all about and the reason why no one touches it, lol, Worse then pulling your own hair out, mise well just shave it all off...

I am good, used to doing this, so all good...

Be careful while tuning this game ladies and gentlemen's, Game is absolutely no joke...

If I find more sensitive hex, I'll just keep finding more then post most of my findings all at once later.

And to top it all off:

Under Sli Specific Hacks:

0x0000000<<~~ this one:

I only been on it just a tad, I know through first hand that some games can get some nice boost with this, especially if its set to 4 or 6, Mine is now currently set to:

0x00000060 (Crysis 2)

Got some boost out of it, I have also used this hex for echo and ethan carter, works decent.

But be careful, I didn't go through all of this on this particular bits, the one that hangs and need to do hard reset is 3, so don't set it to:

0x00000030

Set it to:

0x00000040 or 0x00000060<<~~ This is what I have set currently and works better then 4.

Check back for more updates, once again as this game is still:

19. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

This thread should be pinned or rather as sticky thread because of lots information for people who are running multiple GPUs

Some games literally I still didn't played like Heavy Rain I only played on PS3 I think that time and thinking to replay this game again

Quantum Break glad you are returning to this game too, Detroit Become Human this is another game glad you are will be testing and several others which in general would help guys with multiple GPUs/SLI

Few days ago friend have borrowed me his two GTX1080 with EK Waterblocks which I planned to use or test on my loop and test 4 way SLI,but I just couldn't as literally I can't move or walk in last couple of days and I postponed this test until my health allow me to do so, wish I could add my tests and my observations to yours test there

Hope this helps and keep up good work there

Thanks, Jura

fantaskarsef likes this.
  20. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Thanks for your reply, I wanted to say this earlier but I'll say it now:

In conclusion to all of this 4-way sli tuning???

Jeez, Shakes head(left and right), puts head down on the desk, and puts my head up and saying:

What a journey this is, This has been an absolutely incredible experience, This is by far the most challenging thing I have ever done, absolutely no question about it.

It is unbelievable, shakes head..............................................................

I hope more will jump into the band wagon and compare results and such, but not going to happen in this day of age.

Absolutely banana's, Jesus Christ!

Sticky would be nice, Always hoped this would be a sticky, since barely anyone does this, and lots of invaluable info, many could benefit or get started in it, That's the whole point in this, to help people get into this or thinking about taking this no turning back route to 4-way realm, cause once your in this, There is absolutely no going back once you get started...

And average person doing 4-way tuning, would probably quit rather very quickly, it is absolutely not easy what people think it is, not at all.

Far as gaming is concern, actual hardcore tuning like I am doing, I don't see many at all, I can clearly see why and I don't blame them.

4-Way Sli = Abyss/Absolute Dark Side

It will drag you down so hard, you ain't coming back up, if anything would scare the living day lights of pc gaming, this would be it.

I have a very strong passion for computers, ever since the Apple II/e(My personal favorite), it is this passion that drives me and what pushes me to get the best out of what I am doing. If it wasn't for the strong passion, I wouldn't even think about doing something like this, lol.

fantaskarsef and jura11 like this.