GeForce 441.41 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by schilperoordbas, Nov 26, 2019.

1. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    this driver is crap, don't worry, (i said that before).

2. vdelvec

vdelvec Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    This new driver works great. Its a worthy upgrade.

AuerX likes this.
  3. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    I've not tested a huge amount of games on this. But, for TC Division 2 on a 1080 Ti, Nvidia sharping put a pretty big dent in FPS and FPS frame times. I can run native 4K @ 85% scaling with a few settings tweaked above ultra with AA at medium and according to the game bench (reading the actual test output) never dip below ~62 FPS.
    With the sharpening set to .20 even if I drop the resolution scaling to 75%, I still get FPS drops below 60. Jedi; Fallen order had much the same. For me it seems the loss in FPS/stability is not worth the loss in real resolution to use image sharpening. This may work entirely differently on Turing.

4. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Delete.

Liam Onestone likes this.

5. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    It is up to them. So, why does it make you so upset?

6. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    I think you should apply that statement to yourself. I actually use it every day. I know the reality.

It's clear you don't use SLI and have some kind of axe to grind. But unless you use it daily, and experience with what works and what doesn't, you really have no place to comment. It would be like me stating facts in a field I know nothing about. Do you know the Sun is actually blue?

7. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    I have been using it in BFV but only at 1600x1200 on a GTX970, no noticeable hit. The feature has been tested (I don't know on that game) and the hit was only a few % at max. Are you using the scaling part to or just sharpening?

8. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Question about Image Sharpening which now is in the driver (thank you for not forcing GFE anymore) - does it apply to all games? Earlier it was only valid for supported games.

9. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    Sharpening from Control Panel applies to all games (though doesn't work in CSGO currently). but to see any slider changes a game restart is required so it can be annoying to do multiple game restarts until you find your perfect settings.
    Freestyle one only works with games that support Freestyle.

Netherwind likes this.
  10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    its intentionally turned off in csgo

11. bemaniac

bemaniac Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090
    Sadly the Gsync validated marker for my LG C9 OLED has vanished with this driver and there is tearing in game.

12. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Scaling is only for Turing. I'm just using the sharpening. Yes indeed the over all hit is a few percent how ever the min FPS dropped significantly and it was perceptibly less smooth. So for me, not using sharping at 85%in using the game scaler gave me more consistent and higher mins than using it at .20 and 75% scaling.

13. vmanuelgm

vmanuelgm Active Member

GPU:
    Giga 4090 Master
    This driver sometimes causes weird/doubled textures in BFV when sharpening on (game specific), after entering in certain multiplayer maps.

14. Erick

Erick Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti 12 GB
    With this driver, I had to report that Fast Boot by hardware causes G-Sync to disengage at 120hz on the ASUS Rampage IV Extreme. I just disabled the hardware Fast Boot altogether and G-Sync was working.

15. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090

16. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    venturi likes this.
  17. bemaniac

bemaniac Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090
    Well the C9/B9 only have Gsync in North America.

European and Other nations C9 OLEDs do not have software for it yet.

Darren Hodgson likes this.
  18. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    European C9s should have the update, at least those in the UK as firmware 04.70.12 is available which is needed to enable it. My own B9 has the required update via firmware 04.70.04. I believe this update was released a few weeks back.

19. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX
    Observations on this driver so far:

Observations are from a 4x Titan V system and a 4x Titan XP system.
    Testing done at 3840x2160 and 4096x2160
    Max eye candy except AA is limited to TAA or SMAA
    No DoF, No motion blur, no vignetting, no noise, etc -settings set to best visual experience trying to minimize loss of detail. While no AA would be best, I like limiting some of the jaggies.

While one may appreciate the need for continued new drivers every time a new title comes out, I find the following issues with the 441.41 driver in comparison to 431.86

*Hitching and stutter on UE4 titles. (specific to Volta)
    *Hitching and stutter and micro freezes on SOTTR (Volta and Titan XP)
    *Desktop "flash" between opening or closing windows when Gsynch is on fullscreen and window setting (Volta and Titan XP)
    *I noticed that GPUs don't clock back down on occasion after exiting a 3d game/app (Volta and Titan XP)
    *Power setting set to "driver controlled" no longer provides same performance as "max performance" setting in 3d app/game (specific to Volta)
    *Some additional issues in OpenGL apps/games that were introduced after 431.86 onward to 441.41 (Volta and Titan XP)
    *instability in nvcpl that was introduced after 426.xx due to using MS store analytics, some of the driver releases since 426.xx don't manifest it while others do. Issue appeared when the additional RAS folder appeared in program files / nvidia corporation. Removing the ras.dll solved issues in 431.86 but did not help with 441.41. I don't have microsoft store turned on as my OS let's me turn it off. (Yes using standard driver, not DCH) No reason for me to have microsoft store on

Reverting to 431.86 solves all reported aberrant behaviors

Thank you

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
    gozunz and jura11 like this.
  20. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    Work as they should, so far no issues.

AuerX likes this.