Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Havel, Oct 16, 2016.

1. GarrettL

GarrettL Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4070 TI
    Like many PC games released today. Few titles are truly ready when the game goes live.

cerebus23 and angelgraves13 like this.
  2. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    I wouldn't blow it out of proportion neither. Played since day one on PC release and beyond 60h+ by now and didn't have any issue.

3. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    120 hours single player with 0 crashes since day one. Around 15 hours online with 2 or 3 crashes.

4. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    All 10 fearsome Legendary Bounties now on the Bounty Boards across Red Dead Online.
    To sweeten the deal for licensed Bounty Hunters, all Bounties issued from the Bounty Board are paying out 50% more cash and 25% more XP.

YAY, Also looks like we are getting snow across the map over Christmas.

5. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Did anybody check cpu core frequencies ingame? Do they fluctuate or they stay all the time to the max? Mine go up and down continuously. Is that normal? I have left the power saving features in my bios on but I thought that would apply only on desktop applications...

6. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Just finished up my first legendary bounty mission in St. Dennis. Looking for that guy in the dark, foggy, swamps surrounded by gators had me on edge!

SameOldx2 and Grimbarian like this.
  7. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Good lord.. The new 441.41 Nvidia drivers are absolutely trash in this game. Stuttering and framedrops galore.. What in the actual heck did they do.. This game is unplayable with the new drivers..

8. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Perf. is the same so i dont know wth youre talking about. Youre the 1st mentioning that.

9. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I don't have RDR2 but just by chance I checked Borderlands 3 CPU clocks and they go up and down all the time during gameplay which is somewhat annoying. I've got a 3800X and I'm using 1usmus power plan (thinking about ditching it and trying default again).

sertopico likes this.
  10. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    I got that as well, it was terrible, the camera was freezing for one second as I moved the mouse and was skipping the frames. This happened right after installing the new patch and these drivers and it NEVER happened before. I solved by deleting the settings folder in documents-rockstar games-red dead redemption 2. Basically I have reset the graphical settings and deleted the shader cache. Try it out, it might work for you as well.
    Yeah that is a weird behaviour, it might bring to undesired perf drops...

11. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Perhaps but probably not. I think these occur if the CPU load is very low (at least I hope so) but I'll do more testing. For example AC:Odyssey shouldn't have this problem since it's a CPU intensive game.

12. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Well, I guess RDR 2 should be also pretty intensive on the CPU, since it has to calculate physics, AI routines and so on. But we are also talking about two different engines. I will do some tests with the CPU always at maximum frequency and without.

13. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    I deleted all my RDR2 cache files and this fixed it! Smooth again! Thanks!

sertopico likes this.
  14. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    Just found an open grave online, There was a corpse inside with grey skin and green eyes!

15. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I'd say RDR 2 is way more heavy on the GPU than anything. I mean if my aging FX 8350 can run a mix of Ultra/high and get close to a 60fps average I'd say that right there proves it. Now if I had a Ryzen 3600 system I wouldn't get dips to the mid 40's on occasion but still not bad for a six year old CPU.

16. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    I have the same CPU and you see my GPU and my avg is 46 with a mix of high/medium.

Edit: Funny, you have the same oc as i have. :) can you tell me your voltages? Currently running with this oc and voltages tho. (C:\AmdMsrTweaker\AmdMsrTweaker.exe turbo=0 APM=1 P6=7@0.875 P5=10@1.0 P4=14@1.15 P3=17@1.25 P2=21.5@1.4) & 20 would be 1.3.

17. So it appears the update to fix DX12 crashes isn't working, atleast not for me. Not only is there a 10-15 FPS drop using DX12 but also it crashes within first few minutes. Which is weird because when I first started playing RDR2 on release DX12 was great.

Also Im now getting tearing despite my FPS...I never have tearing in any game even if I go below 60FPS. I think its the 441.20 driver as this wasn't happening earlier.

Also does anyone know why when using the Vulkan API I cant have a higher refresh rate other then 60? Despite my monitor running at 75.

18. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Delete the cache files which has been mentioned already!

Deleted member 109358 likes this.
  19. EDIT: re-read the quote. Delete "Settings". Sorry.

20. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    ..settings folder, cache files! You dont need to delete your settings file!