Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Carfax, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I noticed Origin had updated this game for me this morning and while not perfect, it does seem that the game is now running better for me now with less in the way of noticeable slowdown/stuttering. That said, I am stuck in the tomb on Kashyysk at the moment so perhaps this isn't conclusive.

Does anyone know how you collect the burning orb thing from the wall in that room with the huge ball in the container thing? I can collect the orb from the far side but i am unable to jump down due to the gap and the orb falls into the water and breaks. I am also unable to force throw the orb toward the stuff you need to burn on the metal pole as there is a waterfall trickling down in front of it. It's really annoying me that I can't figure it out and the layout of this tomb is confusing and I've lost track of where I have and haven't been not helped by the fact that enemies reset when you rest at the checkpoints (which is the only way you can save your progress).

2. MaXThReAT

MaXThReAT Master Guru

GPU:
    2070-SOC 2Ghz
    There should be a switch that activates some kind of gravity field. It pulls that huge block. Mess around with it. Throw things. :)
    If you want a more direct answer I can tell you exactly what to do. Let me know.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
    Darren Hodgson likes this.
  3. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    Finished it when it released, but I had no bugs aside from occasional stutters.

As for difficulty, playing it on jedi master and I did die quite a few times. Grand master has significantly tighter timing on parry so it would be substantial jump in difficulty. Either way you can play on what is fun for you and you can change difficulty at any point during gameplay.

4. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Sometimes I wish people would use spoiler tags :D

Yes I too had the impression that the difficulty slider and the bars show pretty well what to expect. Running second highest difficulty from the start feels to humble me like what I thought before beginning.

5. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    My first walkthrough was on jedi Grand master, i didn't realize until midgame that you HAD to use the parry system, you can't just dodge&roll your way out and expect to complete the game.
    Was a big "oh crap" moment when i realized that, started the game over lol.

Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  6. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Cheers. I'll check later. Appreciate that you've not made the solution too obvious so I can still get some satisfaction out of solving it...

... or not!

Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  7. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    I felt the game missed a bit of visual cue/hint in some places for either puzzle or parkour, a feeling i never got from Uncharted game for instance.

8. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
  9. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    an interesting fact

XenthorX and Darren Hodgson like this.
  10. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    IGN? Seriously? One of the crappiest review sites around. Just saying.

Archvile82 and fantaskarsef like this.

11. IGN might not have the best reviews, but the fact that Respawn is delivering the most critically acclaimed games from all EA studios since 2014, is valid.

12. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
  13. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Boy that stuttering when streaming data in the background is heavy.

Apart from that the game is t3h sH!t3 !

Love the atmosphere, the combat flow and the scenery. I'm on the 2nd planet now and get the idea maybe starting the game as Jedi Master is a bit too much. Constantly dying and having to respawn quite some way back is getting on my nerves.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  14. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Please EA, let Respawn do what they do, don't temper with it !

15. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I still can't believe how much I resisted buying this and now not even finished, already wanting to play it through again with mods / better config like @WhiteLightning 's or some nexus mods.

Although the mods on nexus... haven't really gotten my attention so far. Is there much besides the occasional reskin of the main character and reshades? Since I could as well try to reshade that thing via GFE, couldn't I?

16. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Are there mods for it already?

Ohh! it's not frostbite is it, so it can be modded, that's cool...

17. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Not really, no. Only what you said. :(

https://www.nexusmods.com/starwarsjedifallenorder

If you want no startup-logos to save some time, backup/delete both Default_Startup*.mp4 in \SwGame\Content\Movies\

fantaskarsef likes this.
  18. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Yeah there are mods but as I said, it's limited so far, mostly optical stuff like textures ofc and weird hair for the main character, and reshades ofc.

19. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    yeah you are better off using geforce experience / reshade / nvidia tweaks. changing settings in the config is really disappointing in this game.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  20. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Ahh thanks for the info, I was just thinking about it the noob way. I looked at your posted configs and also downloaded it (not unpack so far since I don't have 7z as of now), but I'm really, really not familiar with what the settings do beyond guessing.

Not that I'd think the game looks bad, if anything it shows that on Frostbyte's "decline" (imho), I more and more like the unreal engine since it seems, people do have experience at working with it. It shows since honestly, the rock textures etc. look almost as good as Frostbyte's photogrammetrie in Battlefront 2. At least imho. Sure it shows it's "dated" way of drawing ice, water and the likes, but damn it still looks very good and to me up to being "a 2019 game". And there's always headroom for better tech anyway.