Need for Speed Heat

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Aug 14, 2019.

1. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Did this game got any updates yet?

2. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    nope and ea doesnt give a dam thing i gues.

3. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    I like the nostalgic factor of NFS, but I feel like racing games in general are getting tired out in their current form. I think VR would make a lot of sense for racing games in general -- if executed right. I think VR would give you a better feel of being part of the race as opposed to looking at the race from "outside". VR would have to become mainstream for this to happen, and I don't think we are there yet, unfortunately. I think about this stuff a lot lol

ramthegamer likes this.
  4. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    I guess this game is a 30 usd game and not a 60usd one

5. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    This is an issue of preference. When I raced Nascar Racing 3 for example we always raced with in car drivers seat view. Racing with an external view is 100% arcade.

shoja likes this.
  6. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    did u stop playing the game?, should i get it on black friday 50% off? or no

7. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    EA is giving out a free month of EA Access Basic for people that have 2 factor authentication on their accounts so I downloaded the ten hour trial of this game, I then uninstalled it about an hour later, the handling model even for an arcade racing game is just horrific, it’s either catastrophic under steer or just massive oversteer with the slightest of touches to the brakes, then there’s the world itself which is just bland and lifeless.

EA needs to bury this franchise for a while and reinvent it a lot, the arcade racing market is wide open with very little competition but somehow they can’t manage to take advantage of that.

ramthegamer likes this.
  8. I've played it for 10 hours now and tbh it's not that bad.

There are some annoying features like the tapping of gas to drift mechanic, which is very unreliable and I occasionally need to use handbrake anyway. Also cops can get pretty annoying at times. I like how they behave in a GTA style, but their acceleration and spawning (again as in GTA) doesn't fit the game. So it's kinda mixed bag.
    I don't have any technical issues, in-game is smooth and locked at 60FPS, but some cutscenes tend to drop below 60.

btw. new update dropped today.

9. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    One thing I did notice is that it was a bit CPU hungry...
    [​IMG]

10. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    it just baffles me, we are in 2019, and EA just think about money milking with the least effort, what is so hard to make a game like underground 2?, why is it so hard to code and make a game which compares to it,,,, i can barely understand what is going on in the gaming industry

anxious_f0x likes this.

11. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
  12. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
  13. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    i've never seen this in a game ever

[​IMG]

Darren Hodgson likes this.
  14. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Is this game worth gettinf on black friday or should i still play the 2015 game?

15. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    If you are a fan of the series, then why not? Reviews wise, there doesn't seem to be anything majorly wrong with the game, but just the fact that it has this "been there, done that" feeling. Some people like that, and that's okay.

16. MarkyG

MarkyG Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti
    Playing this with my buddy and having a blast. It's great how there are no restrictions on playing missions alone or with other people. You can replay any mission and flip to night time to have some extra juicy high octane cop action. The story and characters are bab and some of the music is a bit naff, but overall, I'm digging this game. I only wish Forza Horizon was as slick at setting up online games as this.

17. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Its only at loading. When the game starts cpu usage drops. That said game does benefit from higher cores/threads.

18. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    I dont know why the bad reviews for this game, but to me this game has all i need to revive my underground 2 nostalgia and it succeeds in doing that with aplomb,having great time in this, well done Ghost games

signex likes this.
  19. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Yea im loving it too. :) Got that GT-R with the Underground wrap that someone made.
    Funny how im not into cars at all irl, but in games like NFS i love racing especially with the addition of police chases.

20. Because of:

* Stupid and short story
    * Overpowered and unbalanced cops, who behave as super-cop tanks with terrible rubberbanding and acceleration from 0 to 250 in seconds, catching up even with the fastest cars in the game. Game difficulty setting has no effect on cops.
    * No controller remapping. Manual shifting is problem with standard controls.
    * No wheel support.
    * Many cars don't even reach their real-world speed (in an arcade game!) and overall incorrect setup and balance for cars. '65 Mustang with upgraded engine has better highspeed handling than a BMW M car etc..
    * Tapping gas for drift is extremely unreliable. I'd call it a broken game mechanic.

It had a real potential, but as most EA games today, they managed to screw it up.