Extreme 4-Way Sli Tuning

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by A M D BugBear, Mar 10, 2019.

1. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    ASSASSINS CREED: ORIGINS - 4-WAY SLI - UPDATE - 11/21/19:

Giving heads up on my overall scaling potential thus far.

As expected from the very beginning, this was not going to be an easy one, infact, this game is very very difficult to scale at all.

Best I have gotten so far, is almost 2 way sli potential...

Currently using modified Quadro Drivers: 416.30

I might give an older driver revision a try and see how it will react then.

Also, another heads up, While tuning this game, Everything is set to off/low on the graphic settings, even in my documents folder, the aco file, Everything is cranked to the absolute lowest to eliminate any kinds of issue during tuning.

If anything significant happens, I will give heads up but eh, not looking to good here but I'll do my best, Right now I am focused on this game then ethan carter at the moment so check back later on further updates as this game is:

----------WORK IN PROGRESS----------

UPDATE ON 387.95 DRIVERS:

Gave these drivers a try, same one That I used with echo, everything worked fine, the moment after the game is done loading up, couldn't even make an image, screen stays black along with the osd, although its not a hard hang, had to just X out the game.

Next, I tried clearing the profile back to its default, loaded up a sli profile the one I know it works with flickering, couldn't even get a single image after loading the game, so folks, don't use these drivers for this game, figured shouldn't be a problem, nope.

UPDATE ON 391.74 DRIVERS:

Just tried Modified Quadro Drivers: 391.74, performance overall is the same as 416.30.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
    harry9x likes this.
  2. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    IMPORTANT UPDATES ON SLI COMPATIBILITY BITS (DX10+11)- 11/22/19:

While tuning AC:O I came across some very interesting things here.

Very few games have this problem...

For instance, if you force lets say 2 cards out of 3 or 4 but the game still forces all 3 or 4 gpu's, there is a workaround for it.

Within SLI Compatibility Bits (DX10+DX11):

0x0<<~~ this one, in regard AC:O, from digits 1 through 7 works fine, anything 8 and up including the letters: A, B, C, D, E, and F, do NOT use, otherwise if you want to force it under 1,2,3 gpu's, it will be locked to 4 gpu's, or whatever is in your system,

WHILE the SLI Compatibility Bits:

0x00000<<~~ is set to 2(Eliminates the flickering)

again, I just recently found this out, and it was only found on one game, AC:O, that being said, if anyone has this problem, you may want to look into this, thanks again.

0x0<<~~

&

0x00000<<~~ Both plays extremely important role in getting games to scale in general so keep this in mind.

Very very very interesting.

UPDATE:

Also within the SLI Compatibility Bits (DX10+DX11)

0x00000000<<~~ this one

This particular hex can also play a very significant role on your Multi GPU configurations.

For instance, if your running 4-way sli, and you put this to 3, lets say, your 4-way will become a 1 gpu mode.

Some digits can make it 3-way and so on, so keep this in mind.

I try to always keep it on 5 in order to keep all gpu's working, that or 6(if need be), so keep this in mind.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
    harry9x likes this.
  3. harry9x

harry9x Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI SLI
    @A M D BugBear hi, bro. One tip to further decrease PC temperature by 5-8 •C . I m sure that you are aware of this tweak but just remainder. Attach mini DP cable to 4th GPU ( GPU which is far away from CPU socket ) so no mini DP cable attachment to 1st GPU which is nearest to CPU socket. I m sure that you are aware of this. But as remainder... Thanks.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
  4. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli

If you read way earlier on this particular thread, I am very aware of this information.

And yes, This is my fault as I have re-tried this and never gave a follow up on it and I will do so again right now:

About a month ago or so, I re-tested this, however, you must set the bios, csm: video(UEFI).

But my downside is that, sometimes the picture won't even come up even if its connected to the first card or the 4th, sometimes I had a very hard time to get the bios image to post, finally it came up, and I had set to legacy(which I always use).

So what were the temp differences?

I notices that the 1st gpu ran a little cooler BUT 2nd and 3rd card ran hotter by a bit, and the 4th card?

Probably around the same give or take, so After finding out these results, I quickly switched it back, again, sorry to everyone that I never gave a follow-up on this particular situation, figured it wasn't worth mentioning but after you mentioned it, here it is, thank you once again.

And just FYI, I only use DVI, hell with the others.

Reason why I say this and a very good reason why:

I had a native 4k screen(16:9/2160) AOC screen, and I ran it with proper Hdmi/DP cable, and guess what? Alot of my games were running like 30 fps, despite the OSD showing more then 60 fps, I thought maybe the settings were to strong or the bandwidth was getting to much for the cables/output, so I tried lowering some settings in these games, and guess what? No difference or a little, very few games did show 60fps while moving., and yes, the gtx 970 is well ready for 60hz/4k(2160p) gaming(outputs speaking on the card itself/DP-HDMI) had the proper outputs on both the video card and the monitor screen, had proper cables for it to work, end results = X

Let me make this perfectly clear, I did mention this on the monitor forum section, I know, Even to this day I quite don't understand why this is the case here:

DVI-D, if you look at the maximum bandwidth, it is nowhere near as the HDMI nor the DP and yet, I ran this Da_n Yamakasi 2560X1600 IPS/LCD screen at a very staggering 8k(4800p) on 2 of my 1080ti's under custom made through the registry, DSR, and guess what??? It works perfectly, smooth as butta, no capping 30fps look, no loss in image quality here, and that's with MAXIMUM settings, in some games, I have used SGSSAA in some of these games @ 8k, and yes even at 8k, some of these games, IQ is far from perfect, every game will be different of course.

Speaking about IQ and I think I mentioned about this one particular game in the past, There is this one game, to this day, Surprise the hell out of me, even crushes today's games, yes being very serious here, game is called:

LOST PLANET - Extreme Conditions

Even @ crap-y A$$ 1024x768 resolution, if you crank your AA to X8 in the in-game graphic settings, even very well trained eyes like me, your jaws will be left hanging nice and wide open, for a very long time until the flies gets in it, :).

While tuning this game in the past, I had to lower the resolution so low because, even for me, I could not detect any IQ loss in the AA dept. while messing with SGSSAA in order for the 4-way to scale good enough.

I had to crank the resolution so low, in order for me to catch the overall IQ losses its quality by a notch to see if the SGSSAA is even working.

And yes, even the res cranked so low, IQ remains absolute brutal, so even old game's, despite the age of the game and such, absolutely insane.

The AA/Overall IQ in that game is among the best I have ever seen when AA is cranked to X8, no sgssaa, no supersampling, no TAA(Game don't use it but just saying), just in-game normal aa.

And another game that awe me:

Unreal(the original unreal game) using the DX9 renderer.

Absolute phenomenal Overall IQ, Jesus.

Even with some of these games now @ 4k with AA, doesn't even touches Lost planet @ such of a low resolution, that speaks for itself, if you all don't believe me, conduct your own testing on it, I would never make this up, this is what I love to do.

I know some screen, like my old sony Xbright 1600X1200p, if I do 4k, I lose IQ, but at 1600p, NO...

I also had my old lcd screen, the infamous Gateway lcd, 1900x1200 and ran it 4k, It works perfectly with no IQ loss.

Here's one last thing I want to mention here:

I have very well trained eyes, I know what to look for when it comes to Anti-aliasing quality, I am also Extremely hyper sensitive to light, so I can detect any anomalies like in instant I see it.

So going back to what I was saying, on the native 4k(2160p), AOC montior, and my Yamakasi 1600p, I wanted to see the difference in overall IQ on both screens @ 4k, one being native 4k and the other one at custom resolution...

Guess what the end results where and I tested quite a bit of games??? The answer may or may not surprise all of you at all, the difference was:

---NIL---

I have did similar testing way in the past with my 1900x1200 Gateway lcd screen an my yamakasi 1600p.

Cranked the 1200p to 1600p, Wanted to see the overall IQ differences, again, same as before, differences were again:

---NIL---

Years later, this what prompt me to get a native 4k screen and conduct my OWN testing.

On this one particular game, the iq was better on the native 4k/AOC screen, only in certain places and certain angles, you really have to play absolute close attn. to it, other then that, I observed quite a few games, The amount of concentration and focus on checking on the overall IQ was Absolute Brutal, every single pixel was carefully checked, with absolute strictness to the finest minute of detail, I do not mess around when it comes to checking overall IQ, and the end results were = Absolute NIL, or in to other words: Absolutely no difference whatsoever, even if there is a difference, even a person with Absolutely well trained eyes will be difficult to spot it, so this is the main reason why I got that native screen, wanted to see it for myself and not some Heresy, I wanted to see first hand experience, Thank goodness I did.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2019

5. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    ASSASSINS CREED: ORIGINS - 4-WAY SLI - UPDATE - 11/23/19:

Sorry for not mentioning this before but, Majority of my focus was during the first lair, but I wanted to see how the graphic anomalies are holding up during outside scenery, guys, totally different ball game now, there is alot of graphic anomalies on the ground texture, and some other things.

I notice something similar to Plague Tale: Innocence, the grass/foliage, the bouncing effect, well in this game it has the effect but when you walk over the grass and such, it leaves an embedded bouncing trail on the grass.

In plague's Tale: Innocence, the draw distance had to come down, otherwise leaves on the trees,etc will have that bouncing effect, so I need to look into this more deeper....

Also, to: Harry9x, thanks for mentioning and requesting me to work on this game once again, man talk about extremely tough to scale, that's like talking diapers, thats what I like, challenge, what got me into 4-way in the first place, many thanks for it.

Extremely hard one to scale, even just getting 2-way = extremely difficult while maintaining stable overall graphic stabilization...

Going to work on this more, I will post heads up later, thanks.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
  6. harry9x

harry9x Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI SLI
    Bro, for AC O , I tested many drivers to reduce stuttering n stuff like this but the only driver which helps completely in eliminating stutters is 388.71. I don't know how this driver will perform in the sense of SLI and scaling but for removing stuttering, this is the best driver.

And if you attach display cable to 4th GPU u won't get bios splash screen and instead u will be redirected to windows splash screen. This tweak at least do one task very clearly which I love. The thing is it will distribute temperatures on your 4 cards evenly. If I say your GPU 1 ( which is nearest to processor ) is running @ 71 •C and 2nd GPU is running at 67 •C and 3rd GPU is running at 65 •C and 4th GPU is running at 64 •C then after giving display cable input to 4th GPU your all 4 cards will be at 64 to 65 •C for sure. So every card will have 65 •C temp on an average. I have experienced this in my 3 way SLI 980TI setup.so at the end of the day no card will alone get hotter ( especially 1st GPU) than other cards. Thanks..

7. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Sorry for the long delay response, I will get right on it with the drivers right now, I'll give everyone heads up, thanks, also, I ONLY use quadro drivers on all of my tuning, although I have tested one particular desktop drivers and it seems to be working good but not the drivers you just mentioned, will try it.

Again I have tried that method, Another forum member asked me to do this, so I re-tested it like month ago like I said before, Got the results, I went back.

Question, did you reverse the polarity of your sli bridge connector when you did this?

8. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    ASSASSINS CREED: ORIGINS - 4-WAY SLI - UPDATE - 11/24/19:

Gave Drivers: 388.71 a try to see if anything changes within the scaling dept. and the graphic problems I am having outside areas and the results were:

Exactly the same as the other drivers I am using.

Also, for added kicks, I did Geforce Experience recording method to see if it will improve overall scaling power(100% Working in Hellblade), and the end results:

IT DOES NOT WORK PERIOD...

Still very interesting, out of all the games I have tried with the Geforce experience recording method, only 1 game that works is Hellblade, which to my knowledge to this day, I am the only one that incorporated the recording method and confirmed it works in that particular game.

UPDATE:

Forgot to mention this eariler:

I also tried Optimize for compute performance(100% working in Lords of Fallen):

IT DOES NOT WORK PERIOD.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
  9. harry9x

harry9x Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI SLI
    no need to reverse the polarity of your sli bridge connector.just disable SLI from NVCP and then disconnect cable from 1st gpu and attach to 4th gpu and re-enable SLI and boom you are good to go.. only drawback is no bios screen is visible at pc startup. remember that you need to first disable SLI otherwise if you directly connect cable to 4th gpu then there will be no input signal on your monitor.

10. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    ASSASSINS CREED: ORIGINS - 4-WAY SLI - UPDATE + REPLY - 11/25/19:

Thanks for the reply once again.

I tried not to touch the sli bridge connector, and nvcp stuck under 3 way, even if I disable it and re-enable, stuck on 3-way, tried uefi mode, same thing.

If I put the connector upside down = it will work but I don't feel like taking all my fans in the front and the side of the card out.

Also, just another quick update on AC: O.

Scaling progress = not to good my friend.

2nd card is barely making some heat, at this point, I don't know if I can manage it, even If I did make a dent on the scaling dept, I don't think I can get rid of some graphic anomalies.

Remember, I started tuning this game while everything in the ACO .ini file is set to 0.

It is touching the second card, some areas eh, some areas barely any, at this point, even in 2-way mode = X.

I'll give it another day or two then post final conclusion.

SLI specific hack bits is almost done tuning, SLI broadcast too as well..

I don't know man, this game is not looking to good at all...

Got the day off from work tommorrow and next day so I will be on this game for great deal of time.

I went through quite a bit of stuff under others and extra, along with the nvidia PREDEFINED unknown settings = barely giving me increase...

Bits should be all done tuning by tommorrow, I hope I can hit the nail sooner or later cause this game is absolutely crazy....

If I make no progress by tommorrow, I am moving on to Ethan Carter.

As before, when doing 4-Way or even Sli in general, Never expect anything out of it, :), even with massive hardcore tuning.

Scaling difficultly level:

Absolutely way beyond my expertise.

Thanks for reading.

11. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    ASSASSINS CREED ORIGINS - 4-WAY SLI - FINAL UPDATE + OTHER MISC - 11/27/19:

Whats going on everyone, in regards about this game, I am sorry to say that:

This game is on Temporarily on hold, I have stopped tuning as I am not making any real significant progress, that being said, that doesn't mean I will never go back into it, I will in the future, I am just now moving on to another game, Think its time to move on to another game.

Sorry for the kinda bad news here, :(. But I will be back on it later. :)

Trust me, AC: O is still on my radar, but its now on hold, I will be back on it later but not right now...

Many thanks to HarryX and others that asked me to go back on it, guys, this game is way beyond my level, eventually I will go back to it on a later time.

Going back to Vanishing of Ethan Carter(Both Versions) and another game I am looking into doing but might have some bad luck of doing it:

Red Dead Redemption 2.

This game being DX12 & Vulkan = Not being to good in Sli mode.

However that being said, I have looked into this particular forum, this might be useful to some:

https://forums.evga.com/Red-Dead-Redemption-2-SLI-Support-m3005252.aspx

12. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    GRAPHIC DRIVERS UPDATE: 441.41(Desktop)/436.65(Vulkan) - 4-WAY SLI - 11/27/19:

Going to give drivers 441.41 a try and really interested in using the latest vulkan driver.

Will give heads up on both of these drivers and their reaction under 4-way sli.\

UPDATE ON 441.41 DRIVERS:

LOL, as expected, these drivers do NOT WORK PERIOD.

I tried the following games:

Lords of Fallen
    Yakuza Kiwami 2
    Echo

Just a few games to list, and as Expected, just like the 440.xx drivers, Scaling is cut down to like 1/3 performance on 4-way sli mode, and tons of unwanted stuttering,etc is present, especially with yakuza 2 and lords of fallen, despite not bad of MS(Frametime) spikes.

Also, just for added kicks,I tried that SLI-CFR mode with the above mentioned games and all of them Crashed during startup.

I gave Red Dead Redememption 2 a try under Vulkan, seems like its scaling very well but under 2 way mode only at this point.

Going to give the vulkan driver 436.xx drivers a try, will give heads up asap later, as I know for a fact the Desktop official drivers: 436.48 WORKS, so this one shouldn't give me a problem.

So as of now everyone, who ever is using 4-way setup at this time, BE very cautious of using drivers 440.xx and up until further notice, that includes 441.xx as well...

Thanks.

UPDATE ON VULKAN DRIVERS: 436.65

As I thought from the very beginning these drivers scale on all 3 games perfectly, games are once again:

Lords of Fallen
    Yakuza Kimami 2
    Echo

I don't know long term as these drivers were never really used for tuning in the first place, So I don't know if long term these are stable so just be cautious but the scaling is most defin. there and MS is good to, so good to go, again be very cautious as these drivers were NOT used in long term testing, I only use Quadro drivers for tuning, Be absolutely be aware of this.

Initial testing with Lords of Fallen, while loading up a saved game, game just quit very unexpectedly with no errors, loaded up the saved game again, works perfectly.

So as of now folks, DO NOT, REPEAT, DO NOT go any higher then 436.65 drivers until further testing is conducted, so anyone with a 4-way setup, Take note of this, very serious stuff I recommend.

Thanks for reading.

UPDATE ON VULKAN BETA DRIVERS: 436.65 + RISE OF TOMB RAIDER - 11/27/19:

Tested Rise of Tomb Raider with My own Custom SMAA Enhanced Edition Sli Profile and as expected, everything works perfectly, Scales like an Complete Animal.

And not to mention, I took a peek at the driver folders themselves, Files are very very new, November of 2019.

So far, these drivers are:

Good, Good, GOOD!!!

So Now I can confirm 4 games Are Scaling perfectly like the other drivers had with these particular drivers.

13. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    There is no img on your post, re-edit your post.

14. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    THE VANISHING OF ETHAN CARTER(UE4 VERSION) - 4-WAY SLI - UPDATE - 11/27/19:

Just hit the nail on this game, although I have gotten MUCH better scaling this time, I am basically upwards to 3-way Sli now, making some drastic improvements.

The Nail Jammer:

Under Sli Compatibility (DX10+DX11): Bits:

0x0000<<~~ This one, and I find this rather strange as this game is the first to hit performance way up with this particular hex.

Use only the Following digits and Numbers within this hex:

5,6,7,C,D,E

5 and D performs the best overall.

People who has hard time tuning this game, might want to look into this further, thanks.

Just to let everyone know, game is being fine tuned under SFR Rendering Mode.

15. harry9x

harry9x Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI SLI
    sorry bro, http://steamcommunity.com/id/PimTH/screenshot/865115089895600115 . i was talking about the image in this link where a steam community member is getting good sli scaling with 3 titan Xp but in the main menu.no further details but i came across this image a long time ago and now i remembered that so i thought lets show to my friend.

16. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Thank you so much, My confidence is now much higher, much greatly appreciated...

17. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    THE VANISHING OF ETHAN CARTER(UE4 VERSION) URGENT UPDATE - 4-WAY SLI - 11/28/19:

Got Great news coming along for this game.

Before I begin, another Bits/Hex to look for is this one and I used the Game: Echo as reference as both uses same engine, UE4...

Under Sli Specific Hacks (DX1x):

0x0<<~~ This one, and just like Echo, it is set to 9, I didn't go through all on this particular hex, just a few, yes, switched it back to 9, This gave me a booster, yes, quite a bit.

Also, here comes the urgent news:

I can now Confirm I am hitting 4-Way at this point @ 150% resolution Slider, Base Resolution set to 2400p, and boy it Nails the Gpu's real HARD!!!!

First of all, Detail Distance needs to be set to Low in order for the scaling to be well packed down.

2nd:

I tested another thing, I put the resolution slider @ 150% along with 2400p, and confim now it is hitting 4 cards, I double checked 1 gpu performance then back to 4, Can Confirm 100% it is now officially working, And yes it is REAL HARD on scaling, Scales like one bad Mutha _ _ _ _ e R!, I am now well out of vram at this point, system ram utilization is closer to 17gb...

If I just put the resolution slider to 100% along with 2400p, scaling is almost 3-way'ish, not quite but almost there.

So yes, 4-Way is infact working with this game, and it is hitting STRONG @ 150% Res Slider/2400p, not quite perfect scaling, almost though, my confirmation...

And best of all, Its all being done under SFR MODE...

Always check back for updates, as this game is still:

----------WORK IN PROGRESS----------

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
  18. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    THE VANISHING OF ETHAN CARTER(UE4 VERSION) - SLI SPECIFIC HACKS UPDATE - 11/28/19:

Just to keep everyone aware whats going on with this game.

I came across something of great importance of whoever is tuning this game with similar setup.

Under Sli Specific Hacks (DX1x):

0x00<<~~ This one...

DO NOT USE:

4,5,6,C,D,E or F

Doing so will crash the game before the load screen is up or during the load screen, which ever one...

So keep in mind at all times of this particular hex while tuning, thanks.

And Also, Happy Holidays Everyone.

19. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    THE VANISHING OF ETHAN CARTER(UE4 VERSION) - 4-WAY SLI - UPDATE - 11/28/19:

Just quick heads up on performance in the beginning of the game, the surrounding areas.

Resolution slider @ 100%, 2400p, Everything pretty much maxed out except Detail distance(hinders some scaling performance), for the most part, it scales extremely well, certain angles and views, for instance, when viewing in front of clue items and such, I have some reduction in scaling, but for the most part in the surrounding areas, scales very nicely...

@ 150% resolution slider = Scales like an complete Animal...

I am still trying to fine tune the game @ resolution slider 100%...

Truthfully, I think 3-Way Sli would be enough for 60 fps @ 2400p, res slider @ 100%.

Anything higher then 2400p, most defint' need 4-Way performance at this route, which works totally insane.

Just to cut long story short, 2400p @ res slider 150%, maxed out settings, except Detail distance, performance from 1 gpu to 4 are as follows:

1 gpu: 14 fps

4 gpu's: 50-51 fps

This is right in the beginning after the initial cut-scene, the one after you exit the tunnel.

As you can see, scaling is top DOG!!!

Also, just to top it all off, just like the game echo(last game I finished tuning)...

I had lots of problems in that game on chapter 2, scene 1, where you face foward, the scaling reduction is reduced but all other angles are fine, well, this game seems to have that issue when resolution slider is @ 100% but all other angles seems fine, and other areas or spots have reduction, currently working on these issues as we speak and I haven't messed with the engine .ini folder, think I might have to do more tuning and got to add:

[/Script/Engine.RendererSettings]

Same thing what I did to echo...

Looking back on my tuning from Echo as reference, lots of stuff.

So still trying to fine tune other stuff.

Check back later, game is still:

---WORK IN PROGRESS---

QUICK UPDATE ON: r.oneframethreadlag

Closer Observation while using this in your engine .ini file, under:

Will hinder 4-Way scaling by a large margin, Best to keep it at =1 or =2, but for me for best performance, I don't even put in in there at all...

Again, I am looking back at my tuning from the game Echo: Looking at everything I had done as reference to look into...

I tried some that I added to the:

I also used:

r.GPUBusyWait=0
    r.DX11NumForcedGPUs=4

And performance was worse, again, I didn't add it in there.

Gonna take some time. Check back later for more updates.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
  20. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    THE VANISHING OF ETHAN CARTER(UE4 VERSION) - 4-WAY SLI - UPDATE - 11/30/19:

Found some stuff that people might want to be aware of while tuning this game...

From very close observation, right in the beginning of the game, I usually stand where the scaling is the weakest, normally right in the very beginning, standing in front of the train tracks, upon loading up the saved game right in this spot/section, the fps is different while loading up the saved game, several games had this problem in the past while tuning as others might know while reading this thread.

Another thing here that people need to be very strongly aware of is the constant fps fluctuations were scaling is weak, Not only that, another thing that people must be aware of while tuning this game:

Lets say your tuning this game, and your in one particular spot, you get 100 fps, do some walking around,etc, then come back to the same exact spot, angle and all, and guess what, the fps is reduced or sometimes it is increased...

I may have found the work around this issue, took some time.

First of all, go to your windowsNOfolder and open up your engine.ini folder, then add this to the bottom:

Then right below it, add this:

r.AlsoUseSphereForFrustumCull=1

Ain't finished yet, this also from what I understand works in conjuction with:

Under Sli Broadcast (DX1x) Bits:

0x0000000<<~~ This particular hex, mine is set to 8

Also another particular hex within this bits that helps further stabilize the fps fluctuations, and the constant fps change of going back to the same spot/area or whatever, again

0x0<<~~ This one, Mine is also again set to 8, very few digits will work so be absolutely careful while tuning these particular bits...

One quick way to test the fps fluctuations Issue, upon loading the beginning of the game, check your fps, if its bouncing to low and to high and when walking/moving around the area and go back to the same exact spot angle and all and you notice a complete fps change, use the above method to see if it will work for you...

Also, I mentioned earlier that while viewing or checking the in game stuff while playing scaling is weakened a bit, my mistake here, this is not the case, from very very close observation, it has to do the direction in which you are facing for the most part, I am currently working around this issue as we speak...

Final Conclusion of this game should be done within 3 days...

The surrounding area for the most part scales extremely well, some part up to 3-way'ish performance..

However, soon as I crank the res slider to 150% with base resolution to 4k, everything changes, sucker hits REAL HARD on scaling, almost perfect scaling, not quite but almost there...

That being said, 3-way 970 is more then enough @ 4k for this game, anything higher, 4-way is strongly recommend, so therefore, final conclusion should be up in few days or so...

Always check back later as this game is still:

-----W | O | R | K - IN - P | R | O | G | R | E | S | S-----