Half-Life: Alyx Announcement Trailer

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 22, 2019.

1. LBJM

LBJM Guest

GPU:
    latest green team
    Do you? It sounds like people are living in the past. Half -life never got episode 3 and it's time to move on.

2. HackNoid

HackNoid Guest

GPU:
    RX470 8GB
    I must say that looks sweet!!!

3. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I mean that looks pretty cool, and you can actually touch enemies with your hands and wrestle with them by the looks of it....but I wonder how precise VR can be in terms of 'skill' and precision - I mean with a mouse based shooter you can be almost pixel precise (well not quite) and that's where the skill, speed and muscle memory comes in....for these VR games it all looks a little approximated given that the input methods are inherently less precise and accurate.....it looks less skill based for things like online multiplayer fps, but it does look immersive and enjoyable. I'm not sure that VR will ever gain the precision & skill of mouse based gaming.

4. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    I have to admit, now i kinda want to get a vr headset again. If i wasn't planning on upgrading my pc i'd prolly get one today.

5. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Who's 'we'?

You do not speak for the entire planet.

6. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    And that is why you only have 1 like...

Venix likes this.
  7. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    I'm actually slightly upset they did not tap Merle, but I have to say I did also hear the voice and I did question, just for a second, whether it was her or not.

I'm now just a little bit less interested in the development of this game - I know it would have been impossible to get (the actor who played) Eli Vance, as he passed away a few years ago - but never ever would have thought that Merle would not be on board.

This is not good. I know it won't affect the gameplay, but...I don't know, it's just would not feel the same to me, and I kinda wished I had not read that post of yours.

Caesar likes this.
  8. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Bone works is going to be a lot of fun in VR, and if this continues it won't be long until your doing the lobby scene from The Matrix, Superhot got close to it in the physics of the effects but that was a static game, so Boneworks looks to be adding to that, i mean when you get to the Zombie bit i never thought Arizona Sunshine could be topped, but i was wrong. ;)

9. LBJM

LBJM Guest

GPU:
    latest green team
    Says the guy with 3,182 posts and only 480 likes. lol
    I don't post her often or farm likes. My account also pre-dates the like system.

HeavyHemi, KissSh0t and Undying like this.
  10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Well that one deserved a like.

11. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    I was being sarcastic.

12. Thunk_It

Thunk_It Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080ti Turbo
    Thanks Hilbert for posting this article. Unfortunately I don't use VR headset technology; my greatest concern is that it would potentially ruin my ordinary gaming experience. Please don't misunderstand though; I do think the tech is pretty amazing.

13. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    Probably not good enough for a game like Doom and even less for a game like CS. But i wont lie playing a game like Cyberpunk in VR could be awesome. I might actually buy a kit to play this HL game.

Robbo9999 likes this.
  14. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    It sort of reminds me of motion sensors on consoles like the Wii. General movement was okay but I found the lag unbearable in racing games like Mario Kart and precise control was difficult. I can't imagine shooting precisely with motion controls.

This comparison is mostly what is stopping me from getting VR - motion sensors were cool when first released but quickly faded (once the novelty wears off, there's very little reason to use them). Most of the games you can play using motion controls you can also play with standard controllers - it's a different type of gaming experience, but not necessarily a better one.

Robbo9999 likes this.
  15. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Wii motions controllers are bear skins and stone knives compared to the todays VR controllers, which would be like sitting in a tank, one that you can drive right over that bear skin, climb out, go and pick up that stone knife and cut a nice fireplace rug out of what is left of that bear skin. lol