Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Havel, Oct 16, 2016.

1. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    I actually like Vulkan is making its mark here with RDR2.. Too many people think DirectX is the end all be all.. Nice to see Vulkan making a stand here showing DX isn't the only game in town in one of the biggest games of 2019..

Shataan likes this.
  2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Game is running on a i7 990x without avx instructions so its a placebo on your end.

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Instruction sets are used when available if a faster path exists.

angelgraves13 likes this.
  4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Honestly didnt notice any difference between 3930k and 990x i own. Both stock being 6c/12t handle game just fine. If the faster path exists using avx instructions i just didnt see it.

5. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    So, tested again. With an AVX offset of 2.

Both dx12 and vulkan loading into Saint Denise, Not the benchmark.

None avx stays at 5000mhz solid
    AVX offset 2 drops to 4800mhz almost instantly.

Its probably nothing, just something i'd noticed. I don't know for sure if it effects anything.

6. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Only 28 € if you pay in rubel. ;) (vpn not needed, region set to russia and mustnt have bought something before on EGS)

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
  7. doktor1

doktor1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700 XT
    After new update those mud tracks are toooo close! Settings same as before but they are just apearing in front of me!

[​IMG]

8. SKIBA

SKIBA Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1660 S / 6 GB
    Do you play with my configuration will comfortably? Intel Core i5 6400 2.2 GHz, RAM 16 GB DDR4 Dual Channel, GTX 1060 6 GB.

9. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Is not ater the new update, it was before, read the last pages man. We've already discussed this.

And for posting Screenshots, we have this thread here!

10. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    What's up with the Rockstar Launcher hijacking my screen grabber? I had noticed earlier that Geforce Experience would activate when I just have the launcher up, as if a game was already running.
    I was going to take screenshot of how jittery Vulkan frametimes are but all I got was a black screen in the picture.

11. Birdy62

Birdy62 Active Member

GPU:
    Asus 680 GTX
    I use DX12 because the last Reshade is working quite well with it. Impossible to use it with Vulkan... and impossible to play without Reshade....

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    you are aware reshade has a beta that supports vulkan right

13. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Just completed the Epilogue after 120 hours. Can't wait to do it all over again. :D

Grimbarian and SameOldx2 like this.
  14. Smokey25

Smokey25 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 EVGA FTW+
    Sigh ! After seeing people with the same gpu as mine claim Vulkan ran fine i figured it couldnt hurt to see whats up with my system. So i went in bios to tweak my ram timings a bit and lower my ram OC from 3200 to 3000. When i noticed my GPU was running at x8 speed... After reseating my GPU it now runs at 16x and my game is finally smooth while using Vulkan.

15. SameOldx2

SameOldx2 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070
    For me , only when it was first installed. I'm using DX12 and the patches have not defaulted back to Vulkan.

16. SameOldx2

SameOldx2 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070
    It loads on the launcher for me also. Been using it with DX12 and it's dead slow to take a screenshot. I have to hold the button down for at least a second. Reshade crashes for me when trying to take a screenshot.

17. SameOldx2

SameOldx2 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070
    My game keeps defaulting to windowed borderless mode every time I exit the game. Hugely annoying.

18. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I've put around 74 hours into this game so far - easily my PC Game of 2019 - and reached Chapter IV.

Oddly, aside from the save issue (which I maintain is caused by the cloud save corrupting the last one when using all the manual save slots), the game has been 100% stable and bug-free until this weekend.

The first issue was that the game went to an infinite loading screen (showing transitions to the same image over and over again) and I ended up having to force quit using Alt-F4 (which prompts the game to ask if I want to quit) then redo the last two missions again which was annoying. Also, while playing the last Story mission set in Rhodes before you move to a new camp, during the shoot-out inside a building toward the end of the mission the game stopped responding to movement so Arthur was stuck crouched behind a window and the menu screen would no longer appear (though I could still access the weapon wheel and pause the game!). Also, friendly A.I.'s just stood there motionless, not doing anything. It was all very surreal! I ended up having to redo the entire mission which thankfully worked fine the second time.

This is the furtherest I've got into RDR2 even on the consoles so given how many missions (including lots of side quests) I'd done to that point I guess I wasn't too surprised to encounter glitches. What surprised me is that I had two over the space of two days after two weeks of playing the game which hopefully isn't an indication that the longer I play the more likely it is that I will encounter these sort of issues.

Honestly though, while the gameplay and gameworld are superb and the atmosphere immersive to the point of addiction, it is the characters, outstanding voice-acting and storyline that help bring this game to life. I know it is a cliche to say this but this would really make for an excellent TV series.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
  19. Smokey25

Smokey25 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 EVGA FTW+
    Add -fullscreen to the Rockstar launch arguments.

"The Fullscreen mode of the game acts as a maximized borderless window, resulting in concerns among G-Sync monitor users.

"DirectX 12 does not support exclusive fullscreen but sets to maintain its expected benefits to performance."

Taken from https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Red_Dead_Redemption_2

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
  20. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    I've put countless hours into this game, and i am now convinced this game never ends.

Between Control, RDR2, and Jedi Fallen Order, i wouldn't know which to put first as game of the year really.

SameOldx2 and jbscotchman like this.