445.23 Insider Driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by HARDRESET, Nov 19, 2019.

1. kosta20071

kosta20071 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    HW accelerated scheduling setting appears only on 20H1 builds

2. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    From Wikipedia:

Windows 10 20H1 (Version 2003) includes WDDM 2.7.

Available in Windows 10 Insider with Nvidia Driver 440.52, in insider builds only starting from 10.0.18980.

• Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling (An additional option in the system settings, which increases the minimum and average fps to reduce latency)
    • DirectX Raytracing Tier 1.1
    • DirectX Mesh Shader
    • DirectX Sampler Feedback: Texture Streaming, Texture-Space Shading

HARDRESET likes this.
  3. Dan Longman

Dan Longman Master Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    These drivers seem good to me, on 1909, only issue is my Rift S Won't work with them, when putting on headset just get a black screen with the software giving an error message "Guardian is not working properly" when rolled back to 441.20 all is well again.

4. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 ZOTAEA /1080Ti

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019

5. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    :eek:
    A setting that claims to increase minimums and averages AND decrease latency with a single toggle? Now THAT is going to need some testing.

Seems like the kind of thing that may eventually make it to normal drivers, at least I hope so.

6. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 ZOTAEA /1080Ti
  7. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    HARDRESET likes this.
  8. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA rtx 2060 6gb
    Wil any of you upload the normal version of this driver? The standard version. Couse my control panel is gone and my windows store its damaged i canot download the control panel.

9. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 ZOTAEA /1080Ti
  10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    inplace upgrade with the same build and fix it.

elite69 likes this.

11. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA rtx 2060 6gb
    Ok thanks but i discovered that it works just fine without control panel its very good driver keepers for now.

12. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
  13. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    What does Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling mean exactly? Does anyone know?

There were early talks I remember back a few years ago that at some point Microsoft and GPU manufacturers hope to implement a method by which low level API's such as DX12 and Vulkan can access the iGPU and use it to boost average and lowest FPS. Is this it?

If it is, the only way to test it properly would be to enable iGPU in the BIOS, install its drivers. Then test with this feature enabled and disabled across multiple games and benchmarks that support low level API's and monitor and see if the iGPU is kicking in and working simultaneously with the GPU.

It would be very interesting and such a great feature to add. But I don't really know if this is it or not. I doubt it as it would have been advertised and would have been a much bigger deal with many reviews about it already.

HARDRESET likes this.
  14. Krzyslaw

Krzyslaw Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080S SHUNT MOD
    If this is the case you need 2.7 driver for IGPU as well which first version is avalible at laptopvideo2go
    https://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/33200-27201007508/

endbase likes this.
  15. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Of course not. This is likely linked to GPU being able to preempt inside the graphical draw call - something which was mentioned as an upcoming feature back in Vista days but never really made it into graphics APIs. I don't know how much effect this feature would have on a typical (exclusive) gaming scenario but it should probably help when running several graphics workloads simultaneously.

Sajittarius and Astyanax like this.

16. LunarianArk23

LunarianArk23 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    AQUILES, norton and endbase like this.
  17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
    HARDRESET likes this.
  18. klepp0906

klepp0906 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 2080TI
    it appears this driver installs some unwanted junk directly to C:

Never had a C:\NVIDIA Corporation\NvProfileUpdaterPlugin\.... folder before. Attemping to delete says its in use. Stopping display container service allows deletion, but upon resuming it simply recreates it.

Sigh.

19. hemla

hemla Master Guru

GPU:
    nvidia
    I have 441.20 with older Windows version and it's there too. I do believe it came with 4xx driver version because it wasn't present when I had 3xx drivers.

By looking at logs it generates it's a junk that installs with driver and connects to NVidia to do some "DRS" updates, probably related to GFE. The only problem is, I have never ever had GFE installed but it's still updating.

20. klepp0906

klepp0906 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 2080TI
    hmm I was using 441 prior and it wasnt there. I guess theres the odd chance I had hidden it and the update un-hid it. But that feels unlikely as it would have cropped up every time i did a driver update which is basically every single time nvidia releases a driver :p

I could always find out by rolling back or whatnot but its not "THAT" important to me i guess.