Corsair Releases iCUE Software for MacOS systems

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Corsair announced that its industry-leading CORSAIR iCUE software is now available for macOS, unlocking the full potential of Corsair mice, keyboards, headsets, and more for Mac users. Available as ...

Corsair Releases iCUE Software for MacOS systems

2. GuruBjörn

GuruBjörn Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon Vega 64
    Maybe the software runs better on the MAC - or MAC OS. I am a complaining user of this SW under Windows!

Basically the idea is really good. But the implementation is not good. Intuitive operation is better for Corsair!
    The software package is huge (need of storage space) and needs too many system resources at runtime.

My opinion

3. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    not a matter of how it runs really, its a matter of how the whole package is coded, thought dire straits was a pop group till i used icue.

cryohellinc likes this.
  4. Mda400

Mda400 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti 3GHz/24GHz
    As with most mouse software, unless you want to change interactive lighting on the fly you don't need it running to get full performance out of your mouse,
    just to edit the profiles on it.

What i've noticed with at least iCUE or Logitech Gaming Software in their current state, is that its best to have it run on startup so the settings on the mouse are always synchronized with the software on the computer. Then close it once it runs or else the software will be constantly polling your hardware.

Specifically with iCUE, i notice that i have more accurate mouse tracking if i let the software run at startup, close it, then replug the mouse.
    I have tested this using a Glaive RGB and a Dark Core RGB (non-SE. Both wired and wireless mode) mouse.

I personally disable the "Corsair Service" service in the Windows Services menu, that is still running even when the software isn't and it doesn't affect any mouse features like changing DPI or profiles.

And what's wrong with Dire Straits? ;)

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019

5. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    if you take all the other companies RGB software and put them all together you still couldn't do 1/10 of what icue does, yes it's heavy and they often break it when they update but it's not for nothing
    lots of comments are from people who clearly don't use it to it's potential, they should do a basic support version there's no reason to load something that handles every type of peripherals or computer parts existing when most people have only 1-2 corsair products

btw and fyi the RGB control for fans is the no1 culprit for cpu usage, my current pc I rebuilt two times once without corsair rgb fans but still controlling the fans rpm, I had 1-2% cpu usage at idle... with 10 rgb fans I have 8-10% O_O so basically no idle anymore and +7-10°C on the desktop
    rgb is a curse stay away from it lol

6. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Rave inside your case - totally worth it!

insp1re2600 likes this.
  7. GuruBjörn

GuruBjörn Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon Vega 64
    @cryohellinc

Everything's right so far.
    It's just like that when a manufacturer packs all configuration, support, driver & firmware updates into one software.
    For many uses simply too much and not relevant.
    And let's take the example of my Ironcalw Wireless Mouse: Not even the FW update of the Wireless Dongle works over the software ! :(

Supplement:
    List of my Corsair products:
    # HX850i PSU
    # H150i 360 AOI Watercooling
    # 2 sticks Vengeance DDR4 RAM
    # Ironclaw Wireless Mouse
    # HS70SE Wireless Headset
    ;)