The Outer Worlds

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CalculuS, Dec 7, 2018.

1. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    Neither, i believe its related to the gsync compatible mode in the drivers, i'v sorted it.

2. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Glad you figured it out,I was also using G-sync compatible mode in all my game play so far over three drivers,no problems though.Can you list the drive you had problems with so I do not install them or what you did for a fix,to help others with same problem,thanks.

3. How is gsync related to in-game dialogues?

4. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    441.08, just disabled settings for selected display model, monitor no longer has the occasional reset, I'm pretty sure it's game related, as it will flicker black for a second occasionally in dialogue.

Never had this issue on any other game at all, or during gameplay other than dialogue on this.

GPU is rock solid. 60 degree max on GPU core. Samsung memory is solid non oc on GPU too.

It certainly isn't system memory.

5. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    Still movement isn't there.

6. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    OK thanks.
    2Hr Video I posted of stream was with G-sync compatible(well really does not work with the Windows version) and Nvidia 441.08.I may have the problem and did not notice.
    4K 60FPS Freesync Screen

7. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    I just got this game with a 3700x CPU (it was this or Borderlands 3 - the choice was simple), so I'm looking forward to it. Seems like most people are pleased with it.

KissSh0t likes this.
  8. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    pretty safe bug free game from obsidian. they did what they needed to do and get a win for microsoft.

slight bump being the anti bethesda atm.

9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB

alanm likes this.
  10. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Fantastic game, just finished and did not have one single bug, amazing, and the only little slight thing i would have liked was a new game plus feature so you could continue to grow your charactor everytime you play through the game again, like Mass effect and Deux EX who nailed this feature, but apart from that what a cracking game in story and tech, my hat off to OB on a job well done.

XenthorX and angelgraves13 like this.

11. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    That was funnier than I expected. :D

Undying likes this.
  12. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    OK, finished the game last night. I can see how this many can like this game while others not so much.

First off, for first 3-4 hours of gameplay, it gives a fantastic first impression. It has all the right ingredients to lead you into expecting what could be a masterpiece. But as the game progresses, and you find that many side-quests are buried by deep dialogue layers which you have to probe painstakingly to uncover, things start to dim (for me at least). I have no patience for excessive dialogue that may (or may not) lead to something interesting. It got to the point where I just stopped reading everything just to move the dialogue along (although I believe I got all the side quests). I lost interest in the story because of this, so just focused on extracting as much good gameplay as I could get.

Playing in normal difficulty is a joke, way too easy. Hard not much different than normal. The top difficulty mode (supernova) can screw up the game if you're not careful (companions die), so didnt want that. I finished the game unimpressed, mainly due to the horrendous pacing resulting from the excessive dialogue. What a shame, the game had tremendous potential to be a masterpiece imo. Will eagerly wait for a sequel and hope they can improve upon it and avoid pacing issues or unnecessary dialogue that can conceal many side-quests.

13. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    I don't think this kind of game is probably for you. The dialogue is exactly what sets the game apart from tripe like that which Bethesda puts out. This is why people are raving about the game -- characters with actual depth, ambiguous moral choices, and involved writing that's actually enjoyable to read. By comparison the gun play and other aspects are average. If you've been rushing the dialogue or skipping it, you're missing the heart of the game. And if this type of game isn't for you that's fine we all have different tastes but... well yeah. I do hope there's sequel and certainly hope it's more of the same engaging and involved dialogue.

I do agree on the difficulty levels though.

pimpernell likes this.
  14. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Yep, not for me. Not easily immersed in game stories if or when that is the main focus of the game. I recognize the need for a good story to help give context to the gameplay, which I believe most games do just that. But if requiring excessive reading or dialogue, would rather watch a movie or read a book. Loved Skyrim though, which had enough dialogue, but did not swamp you with it.

Games I prefer are those that exercise your creativity in gameplay and give a sense of excitement and challenge. What I liked about Outer Worlds was the companion system with their different skills whom you choose according to your need in the moment and that offered the promise of great gameplay potential. When I saw it was more focused on story and moral choices at the expense of gameplay, thats when I began to shake my head. So yes, you are right, not for me.

15. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    stories need hooks to be immersive.

that has to be settings or characters or both ideally.

the knock on hardcore fans is this was a "safe" game with not a ton of depth and a pretty shallow story.

they needed something easy that they could get out and was bug freeish. the outer worlds was probably in some state of in the ballpark and was rushed out

old school role players will dog the game for being bland and generic even next to other obsidian titles it not there.

but it hit that window of bethesda fing everything up they can, they got a bug free if generic game out and got fluffed reviews good for ms and ogbsidian except the next game better aim a bit higher.

16. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    The funny thing is that Skyrim and creativity in gameplay don't go together.

cerebus23 likes this.
  17. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
  18. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    Sweet! Time to reinstall... will be my 3rd playthrough. Last DLC was fun.

Passus likes this.
  19. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    I really like The Outer Worlds for the couple hours i put in it. Seeing choices having consequences like i've rarely ever seen in other games.
    Was just moving too slowly for me to stick around longer.

20. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT