GeForce Hotfix Driver 441.34: Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Flakman, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    tiliarou and norton like this.
  2. BlackScout

BlackScout Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Finally!!

3. Smiley_ie

Smiley_ie Guest

GPU:
    3090 Alphacool
    Running DX12 in RD no need for this driver ?

4. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Running fine here,

If you have no issues, no need to update. But I seldom have issues with nVidia drivers..

5. Globespy

Globespy Guest

GPU:
    1080ti
    Oh, you mean just like 4-core systems are dead and can't run any games?
    If you are talking about productivity and heavy CPU intensive workloads then sure, most would buy something with more cores like one of the new Ryzen CPU's.

For gaming?
    Until we see a monumental shift with games all being developed in DX12 or later then there's really very little need for more than 4-6 cores unless you are a streamer and don't have a separate streaming PC.
    DX11 is still prolific in gaming, and until that changes there's absolutely no benefit in having more than 6 cores - even with the more advanced gaming engines like Ubisoft's 'SnowDrop' engine.

I've ran comparisons between my OC'd i7 8086K @ 5.3Ghz all cores (no AVX offset) and a recent Ryzen 3900X build.
    Guess what?
    The 8086K wins every game comparison (at stock clock speeds they are about the same for gaming FPS at 1080p and 1440p), proving that single core clock speeds are still king in gaming.
    Until we see an AMD part able to hit 5Ghz+ on more than 50% of the cores, that won't change.
    More cores for gaming right now is literally pointless, especially as you move to 1440p and 4K where it becomes even less important what CPU you have as the GPU takes over.

For workload/encoding etc of course the extra cores come into play - but most gamers build PC's to game, not to run blender!
    Here's a nice video showing the same CPU's at stock clock speeds just for your reference:

VIDEO REMOVED!

Maybe in a few years when DX11 is a thing of the past, but I don't define that as 'real soon' when I build a new PC every other year.

cerebus23 and Xtreme512 like this.
  6. Valerys

Valerys Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX2080S
    Pretty sure he meant 4-6 threads, not cores. With this driver's occasion I figured out my driver has been replaced with 432.00 at some point with no warning.

angelgraves13 likes this.
  7. Smiley_ie

Smiley_ie Guest

GPU:
    3090 Alphacool
    I have not had any problems running the game since launch got 2 crashes with today's update may as well try this driver.

cerebus23 likes this.
  8. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    The number of games with issues under 4-6 cores has only been increasing year after year. Like it or not its clear -- 4-6 cores is now 'substandard'. You don't have to like it, but it's a fact.

angelgraves13 likes this.
  9. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    List them.

10. schoolofmonkey

schoolofmonkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax 4090
    See I'm on a 9900k/2080ti and I'm getting hangs with dx12, been giving my crushdumps to ManuelG.
    Vulkan is semi perfect (had stuttering until the previous RDR2 update and R* -cpuLoadRebalancing fix), but no crashes.

Will try these drivers and update today see how I go.

11. Moto_Life

Moto_Life Active Member

GPU:
    Msi 1070 gaming X
    I am still running a 4790k @4.6Ghz with a 1070 gamingX on a 1440p 144hz monitor and dont at all feel the need to upgrade yet. I can still run well optimized games nearly maxed and other games on high settings. Guessing this will get me by for another year or two easy. Saying 4 and 6 core CPUs is now substandard is ridiculous and looking at the recommended hardware for all the new games will prove that fact.

G*addict, Blackfyre, AQUILES and 3 others like this.
  12. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Same here, was thinking about new cpu, but I need new gpu first. :)

Haven't came a cross a game that would cripple my cpu bellow 60fps, unless its some old single threaded game..

13. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    I love how people get mad at reality because they don't want to upgrade.

Okay.

BF5
    RDR2
    Control

Those are just ones I can list off the top of my head! But yes go ahead and play those games and tell me it runs great on 4 cores and didn't have any issues.

It's an observation, if I want to play all the latest titles, and avoid issues, I should be running at least 8 cores. If you want to disagree with that statement you're entitled to, but you would still be wrong.

14. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    Lol, if you are saying the 8700k is not cutting it now in games you are just ....misinformed.

sapo_joe, alanm and Moto_Life like this.
  15. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    I run BFV on 3570k@4.6, with a GTX970, as long as I set an fps cap of like 60, which gives me a flat fps line in AB I am ok.
    "if" I wanted 144 fps or over 100 then yeah you will need an 8700, 9700, 9900k but if your ok with slightly lower fps all you got to make sure is your CPU% doesn't get maxxed out in gameplay.
    Will those CPU run better, sure, of course, they will but the gameplay is smooth, at least here with mixed settings high/med/low (mainly for MP use0.

AQUILES likes this.

16. blackdragonbird

blackdragonbird Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080Ti
    i7-2700k@4.2 here with a 1070 and also running the actual games very good. Only going to upgrade because the motherboard is misbehaving and a replacement is costing the same as a a new b450 one.

AQUILES likes this.
  17. squalles

squalles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070ti
    yes, i´m have one i7 2700k 4.7ghz with a gtx 1080 and everything working great on full hd 144hz

18. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Still no G-Sync with SLi enabled in RDR2 :rolleyes:

19. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    3060 12GB
    You know the vast majority play fine with 2 cores and 4 or 8GB RAM, right? According to you my 9700 will be dead in less than a year and I would need to change CPU. C'mon, mate.

My only update will be the new next gen Nvidia GPU, let's call it RTX 3060 from my 1060. Not that my card isn't capable on playing most AAA games on High and few on Ultra settings on my native 1080p, 27 Inches, 75Hz monitor, but simply I want the new shiny product. The funny thing but very welcome is that when I bought this monitor 1 month ago didn't know it was native 75Hz.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
  20. schoolofmonkey

schoolofmonkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax 4090
    Ok so, Vulkan is still better than DX12 for me, much higher min and max framerate, but dx12 is not crashing anymore.
    I still needed -cpuLoadRebalancing in the launch arguments to maintain a better constant frame rate in Vulkan, even though R* said you don't need it, odd they only say 4 - 6 core CPU's seeing I get issues on a 8 core CPU.
    Either way it does seem more stable, a least the dx12 crashing has stopped, had a hard time running the benchmark, let alone the game, Vulkan is still better, a lot smoother with higher frame rates using the same graphic settings.

RDR2 Title Update 1.14 Notes
    https://support.rockstargames.com/articles/360038342293/RDR2-Title-Update-1-14-Notes-PS4-Xbox-One-PC

November 19, 2019] General / Miscellaneous – PC

• Improvements to address an issue that resulted in stalls on 4-core and 6-core CPUs
    • Players with NVIDIA graphics cards and 4-core or 6-core CPUs should install the GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 441.34 from NVIDIA and remove any launch arguments to resolve this issue: For more information, please see this support page: https://support.rockstargames.com/articles/360038940333