Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Havel, Oct 16, 2016.

1. SameOldx2

SameOldx2 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070
    No more freeze-ups for me. DX12 runs great for me, however Vulkan is a bit stuttery. 70 hours in the game so far, still lots to do. This is what the next GTA will look like with the updated Rage engine.

2. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    I would expect GTA 6 to look a lot better than this dude, think about it the next GTA is probably still around 2 years away and will more than likely be a next gen console game. So it will be built from the ground up for the new consoles which have already been confirmed to use Zen 2 CPU + RDNA GPU + GDDR6 + SSD...... so I would expect massive improvements to visuals thanks to consoles ultra low overhead.

I expect Cyberpunk 2077 to come out next year and completely blow everything else this current console generation out of the water. I expect it will struggle on current consoles with a lot of tricks being used to keep fps at a stable 30 and to keep visuals up. I expect the PC version to be even worse than RDR2's release and people with 2080Ti's crying they can't run RTX above 1080p unless they want a slideshow. I also expect Nvidia to release a 2080Ti Super just before this games release.

3. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
  4. SameOldx2

SameOldx2 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070
    How do you expect that when this is the engine it will be running on?

5. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    For those who had issues with DX12 (I was crashing every 15 min or so), between the new nvidia driver for Star Wars and today's RDR2 update it is far more stable. Played for a few hours with only one crash.

The extra graphics options seem to be lower fps overall now for me? I switched to DX12 from vulkan and the average FPS seems a bit higher.

Obviously this is just based on a few hour session, I have not run a benchmark yet.

Also I see people so unimpressed by the game's graphics... it really is unreal levels of detail I guess people just are scrutinizing different things. The lightning storms with distant lighting that casts shadows from trees... I've never seen effects like that at long distance.

Also for an open world game, the LOD changing is invisible to me... I can't think of another game like that. This is so helpful for immersion.

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    No they don't have to reset the settings to add a new one, you simply import the existing set and then save the file with the new settings.

Resetting is just Lazy Development.

7. scaramonga

scaramonga Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 W/C
    Nice wee boost for me after latest patch :)

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, Vulkan
    2560 x 1440, 144hz, Windowed: No, Vsync: No, Triple: Off

Textures: Ultra
    Anisotropic: 16x
    Lighting: Medium
    Global Illumination: High
    Shadows: High
    Far Shadows: High
    SSAO: High
    Reflection: Medium
    Mirror: High
    Water: Custom
    Volumetrics: Custom
    Particles: Medium
    Tessellation: Ultra
    FXAA: Off, TAA: Medium, MSAA: 0

Near Volumetrics Quality: High
    Far Volumetric Quality: Medium
    Volumetric Lighting Quality: High
    Unlocked Volumetric Raymarch Resolution: On
    Particle Lighting Quality: Medium
    Soft Shadows: High
    Grass Shadows: Medium
    Long Shadows: On
    Full resolution SSAO: Off
    Water Refraction Quality: Medium
    Water Reflection Quality: High
    Water Physics Quality: 50%
    Resolution scale: 100%
    TAA Sharpen Intensity: 45%
    Motion Blur: Off
    Reflection MSAA: 2x
    Geometry Level of Detail: 60%
    Grass Level of Detail: 50%
    Tree Quality: High
    Parallax Occlusion Mapping Quality: High
    Decal Quality: High
    Fur Quality: High
    Tree Tessellation: Off

Generated on 2019-11-15 5:53 with Forceflow's RDR2 settings parser (https://bit.ly/2oZlIuy)

[​IMG]

8. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    You still can't add it as a non-steam game to your Steam library. The shortcut won't allow the game to launch..

9. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    so how will it run on a 1070GTX \ 1080P ?

im interested in keeping frame-rates locked at 50-60. everything on Medium will
    do it ?

10. GeoD

GeoD Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    My 1070 manages 40-60FPS at 1080p with everything set to high (textures ultra) except any setting water or volumetric related that I keep at medium. It only dips to the 40s in towns, in the wilderness its closer to 50 on average. This is with dx12, vulkan stutters like crazy.

Performance seems a bit better after the second patch but the game does still stutter once in a while during cut scenes. Not as much as after the first patch, and much better than after initial release.

Haven't tried the latest drivers yet...is there any performance increase with them, or is it just SLI support that was added?

cerebus23 likes this.

11. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    thanks for beta testing ;p.

RzrTrek likes this.
  12. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
  13. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    Beta testing?

I saw that, Christ almighty I love the lighting.

I looked into getting it, But you gotta join a $20 patreon first for the files :(

cerebus23 likes this.
  14. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    For me neither API has the HDR option.

15. Kono

Kono Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 / 8GB
    Hmm.. strange.. are you running the game on FULLSCREEN setting? And make sure you turn on the HDR option on Window 10 before boosting up RDR2.

16. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    games pc launch has been not bene smooth is all hence beta testing for us people waiting on steam release :p.

17. Kono

Kono Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 / 8GB
    Game have been running smooth for me ever since I switched to Vulkan. Rockstar did a great job on this pc port imho.

jbscotchman and Grimbarian like this.
  18. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Just because GTA 6 will be running on the same engine doesn't mean it won't look better. RDR2 runs on the same engine as GTAV and RDR2 looks a lot better in many areas. Look at other games too on different engines, BF3 compared to BF4, or Counter Strike Source compared to CSGO. Over time game engines are improved and new fixes and features get added.

Look at any Unreal Engine 3 game (there were tons of them last console gen), a lot of the earlier games look horrendous compared to later in the engines life span.

19. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    And this right here is why Rockstar didn't add RTX support.... the video was uploaded at 4K60fps and you can seriously tell the game isn't running anywhere near that....... but damn that does look sexy as hell!!! :D

20. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

Been smooth as butter on the 3 machines here, I know that means bugger all to those with issues but its either broke or its not. Could still be doa for some on steam.

cerebus23 likes this.