Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Havel, Oct 16, 2016.

1. SameOldx2

SameOldx2 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070
    Finished the story. Now just need to wait for patches.

2. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    Doesn't Defensive mode still allow you to be attacked, but gives your more health or something? In any case I really would prefer to play with a few select friends/family on a private server. That way I could also play with my son (which would mean allot for both of us).

3. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    23 hours, 14 min (so says the Social Club). 30% done. Just got started on Act III. Much like GTA, the RDR world is fun to interact with so I often just end up screwing around.

I just noticed there's a companion app for your phone but people are saying it doesn't work with PC version (yet?).

airbud7, jbscotchman and MerolaC like this.
  4. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    I am at 37.08% completion and 30 hours in.
    I don't want it to finish, man!
    And I agree, screwing around, seeing the world work. It's just too much fun!

Yeah, the companion app doesn't work yet for PC if ever, to be honest.

airbud7 and jbscotchman like this.

5. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Guys take your time if you are enjoying it. Do side missions etc and explore.

My mistake was playing the game non stop, but mainly following the story missions only and got burnt out by the end. Great game regardless, but I might get it for PC through steam and have a play through again, but exploring more.

So much to see in this game it is crazy.

MerolaC and Grimbarian like this.
  6. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Yup, I did that on my PS4 Pro.. I hammered through the game, and was burned out on it with zero desire to play it again. It's kind of a blessing the PC release took a year because it refreshed me to start a second play through finally.. This time much more relaxed, laid back, and taken it all in.

I made the same mistake with Skyrim back in the day.. Breezed through it super fast to the end and realized I missed so much because I was playing with tunnel vision and not really enjoying it as a whole.

7. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    It works to buy stuff from the catalog and you get them when you start playing. It doesn't fully support pc but you can buy ammunition and other stuff so you can continue playing without visiting stores. Its cool.

8. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    It is great to play an open-world game such as this that doesn't clutter the map with endless icons like other games (I'm looking at you, Ubisoft!). There's a real sense of exploration here and it is really quite refreshing IMO.

9. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    This.

And this! I want a RDR2 online that consists purely of my wife and I, nobody else, ideally that's the offline world we live in as well! :)

Cave Waverider and boogieman like this.
  10. Im with you guys, Im just randomly riding arpund exploring at my own pace. Im trying to avoid watching YouTube videos on where to get this or that.

I was out hunting in the middle of the night, no idea where I was I was just in some random field. No markers on the map. I noticed a lantern hanging from a tree so I went over and there was a treasure map nailed to the tree. Its this kinda random stuff I love.

Speaking truthfully if it wasnt for RDR2 I was seriously considering packing my PC away because there was nothing that interested me anymore in PC gaming.

Oh and a noob tip. I did a long distance delivery...it took me 20minutes. Anyway I get there and theres a shootout..being the noob that I am I didnt realise I had to protect the buyer lol. He got killed and the delivery was a bust.

SameOldx2 and Grimbarian like this.

11. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Part 2 is up.

SameOldx2 and Grimbarian like this.
  12. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Thanks for sharing, part1 was really useful to me :)

13. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
  14. SameOldx2

SameOldx2 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070
  15. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    They've also posted an update on their website regarding the PC version and upcoming patches.
    Red Dead Redemption 2 For PC Update

"We will be rolling out an update to the game today which will address the stuttering issue alongside a host of other fixes. However, we are still currently working together with Nvidia to completely resolve the stuttering issue in a future update, and it may take us up to a few days to properly test everything and ensure the next update completely solves the problem."

At least aren't silent on the issue as some developers might have been.

SameOldx2 likes this.

16. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Guys, that's 3 posts saying the exact same thing :D

17. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Guys, i think R* is working on fixes atm. xD

18. schoolofmonkey

schoolofmonkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax 4090
    Yeah, just down played "a small number of Red Dead Redemption 2 PC players are still experiencing some ongoing problems with the game stuttering.", there's more than a small number.
    I seem to be one of the ones effected by the wrong cpu/gpu combination using a 9900k and at 2080 ti, interesting to say the least.

But they are doing something, so I'll wait for a few patches, will just play Rune II while I wait, don't get me started on that game, 30fps lock yay..

19. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    It's interesting to see them say that it's primarily Nvidia+Intel systems having issues. That would explain why I haven't had those problems since my main gaming system is 100% AMD and I only ran benchmarks on my Intel+Nvidia system.

20. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    I tried a bit of Red Dead online until it wanted me to match-make with a random player for a mission. I was hoping I could solo it for a bit. I was under the impression you could.

I tried though. 5 years later and I still haven't tried GTA online yet.