Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Havel, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    If you're getting visual bugs it could be worth deleting the settings file and letting the game make a new one, that fixed the issue I was having with the weird bars at the bottom of the screen.

2. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I've now settled on capping the game's framerate at 60 fps using RTSS at 2560x1440 with everything maxed out at Ultra/High except for Global Illumination Quality, which is set to Medium (with Lighting Quality at Ultra) and MSAA, raymarch volumetrics and full res SSAO all set to off. Water is set to High.

On these settings and with my 4 GHz overclock on my i7-4770K back in place, I get 55-60 fps, and mostly 60 fps, outside the towns with dips to 45-55 fps in the towns, depending on whether it's night and/or raining. With G-SYNC, that feels perfectly fine and apart from the occasional hitch (which typically only happens while travelling fast on horseback across long distances) the game runs and looks great considering the age of my hardware. It's definitely a better experience than on Xbox One X, though without that game's HDR (which to be honest is not that great anyway).

Played about 25 hours so far and I am absolutely loving it to the extent that I've barely played Death Stranding on my PS4 Pro!

eGGroLLiO and MerolaC like this.
  3. MarkyG

MarkyG Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti
    My BGOAT :)

4. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    So I checked the stables for my missing horse, and Mr. Ed is just gone. So I made a 2nd run at that wild, White Arabian horse in the wilderness I tried a couple days ago and gave up (I was doing it wrong). This time I got it and Mrs. Buttersworth is a fine animal. If anyone is interested, it's the best breed in the game. It's up near Lake Isabella, on the SW shore along the trail and it's available the moment you enter the game world. That is on the far west side of the map, in the snow, away from any semblance of civilization.

Other things I realized: The camp upgrade for Arthur's tent gives you Fast Travel from the map that appears on the back of his trailer (gives you a list like buying a train ticket). It's the upgrade right after Dutch's tent upgrade.... I was trying to jump on trains on foot like a damn fool. It can be done, but not easy. Riding near a train recently, I noticed the easy way. lol

5. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    Really into RDR online, levelling up lots. Anyone playing add me (IGN Syranetic). I seem to match up with a lot of griefers who just remove you from the posse and start attacking you. I still fight them even though its 1v4 and I get kills :)

6. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    I won't be playing online until private servers are available, I just want to play coop with my wife nobody else :)

Elder III likes this.
  7. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    One more doesn't hurt

Netherwind likes this.
  8. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    Pretty much nails what I've figured out -- water and reflection quality have a huge perf hit for a minor increase in IQ for water.

Those are the only ones I set to med, everything else ultra and I can play online with smooth FPS even in firefights.

9. GarrettL

GarrettL Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4070 TI
    T
    Thanks for the summary, will try it.

10. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    DocStrangelove likes this.

11. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    I'm at work now, so I can't really try it. But what is the best setting to visual to performance ratio for reflection/water/volumetrics. Right now I'm on Ultra and am pulling around 45-52 FPS average.

12. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Pro Tip: Jump on a train from a water tower at a station

13. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Someone please poke me when there's a mod/tweak to remove the vignette! Weird it's compulsory it's usually an option in games.

14. Forceflow

Forceflow Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
    connos likes this.
  15. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    Tied up an innocent traveler, laid her across the train tracks. Was waiting on the 12:10 to Valentine when she breaks free of her ropes and runs off. Being an outlaw isn't easy...

16. Haha thats savage. Reminds me of something. I'm not an outlaw..pretty law abiding. However walking through Valentine a guy wanted to start something, so I knocked him out and carried him just outside of Valentine. Leaned him up against a tree and tried to shoot the apple off his head with a bow....well I missed the apple ;). But I had to dispose of him so I threw him off the cliff lol. Someones father or son went missing that day...

cerebus23 likes this.
  17. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Every time I have to chase down a witness to shut them up I feel like that guy in the scene from Fargo when they killed the cop in the middle of nowhere, lol.

airbud7, 0blivious and sertopico like this.
  18. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    The worst is when someone else witnesses you intimidating and beating a witness and then you fall down a rabbit hole of witness intimidation.

19. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Same "problem" with the witness. Hahaha.