Gigabyte launches TRX40 AORUS Motherboard Series

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    TRX40 AORUS XTREME packs a beastly direct 16+3 phase digital power design and pairs it with an equally impressive thermal solution consisting of Fins-Array Technology, a Nanocarbon Baseplat...

Gigabyte launches TRX40 AORUS Motherboard Series

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
    Embra likes this.
  2. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    Hope they're better than their current x570 line up. had to use different ram, just to set ram V to 1.35,
    so the ULTRA board would POST with the (certified) gskill ram i purchased.
    and the next bios update made it completely unusable, even when replacing ram with the same i used initially.
    Never had that kind of problem with any board i used for me/other in the past 15y.
    and that included that i never bought certified ram, just what i considered optimal..

3. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    not sure it would help you fry178 but I had a lot of trouble with Corsair ram on my Z390 taichi ultimate, I found I have to really plug them in hard for them to be stable (I think because of the way the connectors are cut) didn't have problem with G.Skill (which have a different shape connector side)
    just to say some motherboards have connection problems physically with specific kits

you were lucky I had tons of trouble with well all my previous pc builds I think none of them ended their life with the memory kits I bought originally (for stability/oc reasons never for perfs)
    even on high-end like Asus X99 Deluxe

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
  4. TiePhiter

TiePhiter Member

GPU:
    Vega 64 LC
    Certified RAM doesn't exist. QVL's dont mean anything either.

Never used one, never will.

All Certified RAM or QVL RAM means is the people at Gigabyte or Asus or whatever have "tested" the RAM to be "functional". No where near the amount of testing an actual enthusiast does to test their RAM for stability.

Completely meaningless to those in the know.

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Foolishness, you're literally the guy that cries on reddit because his 2700X takes 10 minutes to post and isn't stable in windows.

QVL on ryzen platforms means the mainboard vendor knows how to translate XMP into settings that are compatible with the implementation of the given motherboards timing configuration.

6. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    I never watched for those list for specific sticks, but if the brand i would buy was included with size/speed.
    Never had any problems with 50 rigs in the past 19y, except for this gigabyte, never liked that GB always offered less than asus/asrock/msi at same price range.