Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Havel, Oct 16, 2016.

1. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Found the Nvidia employee.

angelgraves13 likes this.
  2. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    If the next gen is below 1k usd, and at least 30% faster than 2080 ti, then it's a day 1 buy from me... really need more gpu power...

3. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Think the days of 30% are long gone.

What i really expect from the next Ti card is 4K ray tracing, while now you have to use DLSS.

4. evak

evak Member

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 2060 OC
    I'm loving the game on my PC. Having non of the problems Youtube seems to be getting their knickers in a twist over. RTX2070, 1440p, With Radeon 3600x. I just put everything on ultra, TTA whatever AA on high and put half V synch to lock it at 30fps. It's not a fast paced game and runs perfectly well. Didn't bother to fiddle with it anymore after. My favourite single player game since Kingdom Come: Deliverance and the last Tombraider game.

Only think I have been considering is switching to DX12 from the default which was Vulcan. Never heard of Vulcan till I saw it in the graphics settings.

5. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Well lol if that turns out to be true. 980 ti to 1080 ti was a 70-80 % performance improvement. The 30 % performance improvement from 1080 ti to 2080 ti was modest at best, so if we don't at the very least get a 30% performance increase from 2080 ti to 3080 ti, i'd be VERY disappointed.

6. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Ok fair enough. I didn't give it much time as it had so many issues. But I still don't think they're comparable games.
    We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

My 970 to 1070ti upgrade was about 80+ %. I was quite satisfied. Costs me 100 bucks to upgrade :)

7. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    If you think it's bad now, just wait until Cyberpunk comes out. I have a feeling that game will bring my 1070 to it's knees. That's pretty much when I plan to upgrade. :)

8. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    That's true that GPU being built for parallel workload has entertain the fantasy of those massive increase for longer than CPU.
    But how long do you guys think they can continue growing and growing silicon die ?

RTX2060 die size is the size of GTX1080-Ti die size.

RTX2080-Ti is at 12nm, 10xx serie was at 16nm, 9XX serie was at 28nm. Despite this massive reduction, the 2080-Ti die size is still massively bigger than the 980-ti, from 601mm2 to 754mm2.

So next gen will be 900mm2 at 10nm to get our 35%+ performance improvement? This is not sustainable.

9. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    They are doing it on samsungs 7nm :)

Regardless, i for one hope for a significant performance improvement - with multi gpu support going out the window, increases in gpu power are more needed than ever.

10. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    The unlocked photo-mode mod is one of my favorite things ever.. Completly removes all the limitations of photo-mode. Two shots in the same spot and stance, only thing that is different is the photo-mode adjustments

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Kono

Kono Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 / 8GB
    I wouldn't recommend DX12 for this game. It is very unstable. Vulcan is the way to go for now. Nice, smooth and beautiful!

Only complaint I have is the game cutscenes are not full 21:9. Other than that, great port from Rockstar!

evak likes this.
  12. Anyone experiencing audio detection issues? I am using headphones and when I set up my game there was that option, now there isnt and all I have are options for 5.1 sound audio speakers...theres no option to change back to headphones so the audio is all weird. Also my character model is not centered, he's off screen to the left. I thought it was a resolution glitch but my monitor and game are both set to 1080P. What's going on here?

13. ScreamerRSA

ScreamerRSA Member

GPU:
    ASUS 3090 TUF OC
    Is nVidia going to fix DX12 10 series performance? On both my and my girlfriend's PC I'm seeing the framerate drops below 60 yet the GPU usage is at ~90%?

I suspect that's why the 10 series is showing such poor benchmark performance in Red Dead 2.

I know it can be CPU bottle necking but its wildly different CPUs. i5 8400 and a i7 9900K. Its doing it on both CPUs. Has to be driver related.

On Vulkan the issue goes away, on both systems. But on hers it constantly crashes when using Vulkan after the latest patch. :/

14. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Well nvidia said that they are researching multiple gpu's interlaced on one die, much like amd's threadripper cpu's. That would make them able to scale gpu's more or less indefinitely... so i am not so much thinking whether or not it's possible get significant performance increases far into the future, more just about nvidia's willingness to stop milking us for tiny increases in performance. And i don't think that will happen, unless nvidia gets real competition...

15. colinf

colinf Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 5700XT

Yup had that

you can actually see it deform as you get closer, the mud is even worse

Dx12 seem to cure it, or has for me atleast

16. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    pretty sure 6 nm is where the electrons just say F it and start tunneling through your "gates". making your chips useless.

hence they at a wall size wise wo super cooling the chips.

17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    3nm is already in progress

18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

You suspect wrong, its just an incomplete dx12 renderer.

turn the settings down and root cause the source of the vulkan crash.

19. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Keep waiting for it. Some ppl wait forever and other ppl make the best of what they have right now and just enjoy life.
    But - whatever floats your boat mate.

Passus likes this.
  20. This is a long shot but has anyone else been getting this stupid message when playing RDO and have managed to fix it?

"You have been disconnected from Red Dead Online due to a fault on Rockstar game services. (Error: 0x20010006)"

Ive read this has to do with packet loss but my connection is fine, I dont disconnect from any game EVER. Moreover this happens every time I log online, 10mins in disconnected. You can't progress, do missions...nothing. when I first played RDO I played for like 5hrs and no issues. Apparently this was an issue for consoles too, that never got fixed. What bulls***