Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Havel, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Anthem is open world.

2. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    No, I'm at 1440p. That kind of performance at 1080p would be bad in my opinion.

I should've mentioned that.

3. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    You also didn't mention hardware.

4. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Really? It wasn't when I tried the open beta. It was a lobby game with "areas" you load in and out of.

5. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Is it one big map? No, but then barely any games count as open world... not even witcher 3.

6. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Guest

GPU:

It looks like xbox x version use low-med-high mix with some settings at "ultra low" :p. With xbox x settings RX 580 on PC can run around 27fps at 4K, so that's no bad.

Turanis likes this.
  7. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    580/90 level with 1660Ti/S hmm ok

This is just further proof that most you guys dont want to belive is true,, nerfed pascal rip

8. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    It does look better and yes there are games that maybe look better but they are static. The world of red dead looks and feels amazing. FPS is just a number and it doesnt represents how the games feels. Most of the time i open the radeon overlay to see the fps just for curiosity and it shows 55 but feels so smooth. I have 0 stuttering and that helps a lot, even on low fps. This game is breathtaking and performance is not an issue.

0blivious and Grimbarian like this.
  9. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    Its hard to please pc gamers and this is bad. That score in metacritic is ridiculous.

10. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    I have this yes. Stop holding shift and it stops. Also pressing V to cahnge view fixes it momentarily.

11. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Playing with a i7 - 5820K and a 2080-ti, i'm between 30 and 60fps all the time at 4K (mostly around 50-53 , and dips to 30s near water) with everything cranked up to maximum, that's totally reasonnable in my book.

Textures could be better but the vram usage is actually not that high so i'm not surprised, there'll probably some mod, or textures packs in the future.

I actually even play and stream at the same time, no capture card, so i really think that things are getting blown out of proportions.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
  12. GeoD

GeoD Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Comparisons to other games isn't really productive since there is nothing that can be proven...its comparing apples to to sports cars...most of the "evidence" is in the eyes of the beholder and comes down to personal preferences which can't really be measured. Its all opinion...there is no argument to be had as I see it. Might as well argue over our favorite colors to discover whose is "better".

In my opinion the environment is beautifully rendered and is more immersive than other games in the way that Arthur and the environment react to each other, the characters feel more grounded...the way characters react to the cold or to changes in day, or how snow and mud reacts to your movements. I don't remember GTAV having the subtlety of lighting and depth that RDR2 has even if they use the same/similar engines. The environmental effects are really taken up a notch here.

Additionally I'd say the game runs great considering I'm on an ancient 3600 i5 and an older (but still capable) GPU and manage to have a detailed and vibrant game with decent frame rate.

Good to see that the technical issues are getting resolved. My game freezes far less now after the patch and might give vulkan another go after reading the last few pages.

13. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Please stay out of this thread If your contribution will be nothing but naming games that you think look better and disagreeing with everyone that enjoys and/or likes the games visuals.
    Its fine to mention it , but to keep repeating things gets rather tiresome.

0blivious, styckx and Grimbarian like this.
  14. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Fair enough, but i just responded to people who replied to my original comment.

15. Christ remember GTA IV for PC lol
    mmmmm you sureeee??? I mean Anthem?? reallyyyyy??? :eek::eek::eek:

Just saw this - pardon me @Dragam1337 pardon
    Are you only experiencing that with keyboard and mouse / have tried a controller at all with any difference? Also update #1 came out perhaps that helped?
    Update #1 resolve this for you? Otherwise I was going to suggest RadeonMod but I don't think it's been updated to work with your GPU @OnnA Do you know of an alternative to RadeonPro/Mod that works with Navi perchance?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2019

16. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    6700k, RTX 2070 and 16GB memory.

Yes but to be fair, the score reflects the terrible launch of the game and not the game itself. Imagine a hyped game such as RDR2 coming to PC (especially for people who haven't played a RDR game) and not being able to even launch it. People took days off for this! I'm glad my issue was fixed with their 2nd update.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
    Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  17. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    this. I am getting around the same FPSs as you, and the game is Running smoothly as well. Just take water physics to zero and you will get from 30 to 40+ in an instant around water :D

XenthorX likes this.
  18. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    Is it with msaa off or at 2x?
    Does Nvidia control panel sharpening help with the textures?

19. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Water Physic Quality in advanced settings cost a lot, especially the last increment. Noticed a 10fps difference in some places from maximum value to n-1 maximum.

I don't use MSAA but TAA medium, at 4K you really just need something for the temporal shimmering, and dropped nvidia control panel sharpening for its geforce experience/shadowplay game filter equivalent alongside vulkan renderer in game.

20. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah instead of GTA V you get the more limited D3D9 API for GTA IV and then for what I do remember the console settings corresponded to very low PC settings so the limits and particularly in regards to CPU and then a view distance and level of detail 2x to 3x the console platform setting plus the shadows which they even replaced entirely in some later version though I remember it being a bit mixed for users probably shifting from a CPU to a more GPU limited factor at least for those.

Then GFWL and those issues until it was possible to remove and the earlier Rockstar Social Club software. :D
    Supposedly the RAGE code base at least for Red Dead Redemption 1 was a bit of a mess so maybe that extends to titles such as GTA IV, Bully and the less than stellar port of Manhunt 2 as well though it'd be interesting to see a update running under at least D3D11 and what that might do for those CPU and GPU bottlenecks but then games from the same early 2000's also run into much the same like the often quoted Crysis 1 and it's lack of multi core and hindering things and scaling less optimally for newer hardware as a result. :D

At least here D3D12 and Vulkan depending on implementation should be able to really push hardware utilization and take advantage of CPU and GPU more fully although it sounds like VLK at least is hitting some problems currently but it can be patched given time.
    (And with the online component and profits from that I'd imagine Rockstar and their publisher do have longer term plans and support for the game.)