Red Dead Redemption 2 PC update #1

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Rockstar released the first PC update for its latest open-world title. According to the release notes, this patch attempts to resolve all the crashing issues that PC gamers have been experiencing. ...

Red Dead Redemption 2 PC update #1

Loobyluggs likes this.
  2. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Maybe the next patch will bring some fixes to the performance issues?

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    games already on update #2

Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Patch Notes [November 6]
    Improvements to address issues that resulted in Red Dead Redemption 2 crashing due to Anti-Virus software

4. Andy Watson

Andy Watson Master Guru

GPU:
    And they had all that time after the release on consoles to make sure smooth running; imagine if they had just released it quickly and half-assed :D

5. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    In other news, Hitman2 is going to have its last patch update in a few weeks for performance and on the back of all of the DLC/updates they have done this month.

Any chance we can get an updated performance analysis Hilbert?

6. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    So sad to see this huge gaming companies releasing broken games and patching them later....

Prince Valiant likes this.
  7. JAMVA

JAMVA Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming X 4080:)
    Fixed an issue that resulted in crashes when starting the Rockstar Games Launcher from the Epic Games Launcher. :eek::rolleyes::confused:

Monchis and Prince Valiant like this.
  8. Prince Valiant

Prince Valiant Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 ti
    It's a wonder why anyone pre-orders and then pre-downloads games. There's no value in either these days unless you enjoy paying them to do QA work.

carnivore likes this.
  9. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Nice patch, i cant even play for 5mins anymore without it crashing. :p

GhostRecon Breakpoint was far better than this and yet everybody was pissed about it. LMAO

[EDIT]
    Ok, i needed to switch on Vulcan instead of Dx12. -sigh- Finally.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
  10. -G7

-G7 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 10
    Why!? is there nobody saying! anything! regards to "why?" Rockstar kept this a secret, in my opinion, dick move Rockstar but, it is a business strategy good way to double-dip.

Nobody out there sees this being a dick move by Rockstar, really! if I had to take a wild guess it had to be because console developers such as Microsoft and Sony probably paid a whole bunch of money for them not to explicitly announced that there's going to be a PC release or maybe to double-dip.

If you're like me and waited only to buy this on the PC, kudos to you cuz we made it and! $60 richer.

Unfortunately from what I'm reading it hasn't been perfect for everyone, as far as I know, I'm waiting for the weekend to play the game but, my first-launch experience was, the game launch, (thank God) but, it was in a very blown up resolution where I wasn't able to touch any of the settings I didn't know where there were on the screen, I finally got it working by trial and error, for me it was only a small problem nonetheless, as far as I can say it ran pretty good, I ran the Benchmark It ran good, I was getting pretty good frame rate for the resolution I was running it at 1920 x 1080 ultra settings.

I must say tho, nice try Rockstar for trying to double-dip into my bank account, I believe they did this to double-dip or got paid a whole bunch of money, either way, they made a whole bunch of money.

Anyhow hope all problems are sorted for everyone before or by the start of this weekend.

Good luck to all.

Sorry for the long rant and please, forgive me for if there are any errors.

11. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Well for me it was a learning experience; I almost never pre-order. Last game I pre-ordered was SC2. I got caught up in the hype of RDR2. I was naive enough to think the game will just work. Boy was I wrong!

This 2nd update fixed 90% of the issues I've been having. Two issues that persist are; cursor pointer staying on screen during game, and game won't start under DX12.

Prince Valiant likes this.
  12. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Just got an update to the rockstar launcher as well within the last hour. It looks like rockstar has brought the devs in for some overtime here which is good to see but still for such a highly regarded company this should never be happening in the first place. Although I do still have nightmares from the GTAIV launch.... oh dear god was that bad... and the game is near unplayable on new hardware as it barely uses 2 cores let alone 8 or more.

It's things like this happening to such a highly praised company that makes me worried for things like Cyberpunk 2077.....:(

13. CyberSparky

CyberSparky Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 XC3
    I hope they resolve the launch issues soon! I bought it the evening of release without looking up any info, I have yet to see the game launch at all. Always gives me Launcher quit unexpectedly, if I disable firewall and antivirus it will then tell me the game failed to initialize..... Update to the launcher didn't help at all, issues persist.

14. alxtorrentazos

alxtorrentazos Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 2060 OC
    I´m having the same issue with the launcher crashing when I try to play the game.
    Everyone (including RSG) is advising us to update our BIOS (with possible the risk of bricking the computer) or disabling the AV (with possible opening the door to hackers) but I have a dual boot with Windows 1909 in SSD1 and Windows 7 Pro 64 bits in SSD2. Same AV installed in both OS installations (ESET). In Windows 10 I could not make it work even after 3 patches/updates.........in Windows 7 is working just fine. The game is installed in SSD3 and is the same installation that both launchers uses. it is NOT two separated installations.

So..........is not a BIOS/AV "thing"........the problem is with the launcher and possible the DRM they implemented in Windows 10 that reads something from the UEFI BIOS. Of course we will not get anything from RGS because that will tell so much about the protection to groups like CODEX/CPY, etc

15. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Got 19hrs played with not one crash, or any graphical anomilies. I can't believe people are still running crappy, system whoring software like AVG in 2019. Disabling that was the first thing everybody should have done. The fact that people are upgrading/downgrading their bios is just insane!

The game is insanely GPU dependent, and people who are still using Fermi, Maxwell, and Pascal thinking they could just load up 4k with max settings and 60+ fps are crazy. You think that this is the first PC game released that pushed the envelope into next gen territory?

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019

16. So bizarre. I mean you have the game running on a version of Windows 10 for XBOX-one which uses X86 Jaguar procs. What the heck... How are they having this much trouble platforming the title for native PC? It literally is beside me... I'd love to understand it though; to be able to grasp it technically not to put Rockstar down just to actually "get" it; because right now - I simply cannot

A fair series of points. Perhaps these issues have a pattern of legacy hardware among them.

17. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    GPU's, Rams, Bios' Hard Drives' CPU's, Mainboards, etc have nothing to do with people's technical issues. Clean up your systems's software, and play the game at your settings that best suit you. There is nothing wrong with the game!

18. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I mean it definitely does when the devs have an open issue/ticket for the launcher not working/crashing... It's cool that it works for you but there are hundreds of people posting on the subreddit and hundreds more on the forums that can even get the game to launch. This isn't "cleaning up your system software" this is buggy garbage launcher/drm that needs to be fixed.

19. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Yeah there were launching issues no doubt, but they've been fixed. I'm talking about people claiming that Nvidia is sabotaging performance on Pascal and other hardware in some ploy to get people to upgrade. That's just dumb.

Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  20. CyberSparky

CyberSparky Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 XC3
    Actually got to play it for a few hours! Launcher update that was pushed today resolved my issue with the game not launching and the launcher crashing everytime. Hope they are able to sort any remaining issues so everyone can enjoy it.

Google the game and enjoy the plethora of gaming sites reporting on the issues with not a single fix that works because the game and the launcher had issues. While what you are saying is true of MOST game launch issues, the issues that plagued this game was on Rockstar for the majority.

http://letmegooglethat.com/?q=Red+Dead+Redemption+2+launch+issues

Rockstar was claiming 90% were able to play yesterday with their 2 game updates and 2 launcher updates, I still was not, and now after the 3rd update to the launcher today I am finally able to enjoy the game as it actually launches, but you're claiming that somehow 100% are able to enjoy it now and they should all learn to PC better? 0.o I would not doubt that some are still in limbo waiting for Launcher update number 4 or 5? Hope not though.

Also do not see a single person in here claiming issues with Pascal cards, nor the tinfoil hat theory of sabotaging older hardware. I think you have this post confused with another. Glad yours worked at launch without a single issue....

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019