Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Havel, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Why the fack would they hide the save option like that...

2. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    man i need to see a reflection Ultra vs High comparison video, seeing if the performance hit makes sense or not.

Serotonin likes this.
  3. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    I know, right? I'm also not a fan of the console inventory system. But I freaking love this game.

jbscotchman and XenthorX like this.
  4. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Hmm well it's hard to know if it affects my FPS as I don't know what FPS I might get if the CPU was doing more of the work. My monitor is limited to 1080p @60fps and with a mix of high/ultra I'm getting around 50-60fps right now which seems ok but all Ultra at 60fps would be nicer!

I'll try disabling SMT thanks :)

I have an AMD Radeon 5700 RX and whilst it's not the fastest GPU in the world there's no way it's bottlenecking my system so much that my CPU is averaging 10% usage. I've never seen that behaviour in other games. But thanks for the suggestion...

5. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    Whilst I understand that for those who can't the game to work it's an utter crap experience.

But people all over Reddit calling it the worst launch or some variation.

For a lot of people the game unlocked and launched just fine, I've got 3 machine here with varying setups. All Intel and Nvidia I should mention, and it works fine been playing together the whole time.

A person I know wants to make a video for his yt channel about how red dead is totally broken when for him it works fine, capitalising on the drama etc.

Trying to explain to him that the Reddit is a small sample of users, no one's going on there to scream about how well it's working for them.

6. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    Eh I can see your objection, but realistically a lot of people paid money for a product that they can't even launch. If that isn't the worst service provided, I don't know what is, so they have every right to be upset and call it the worst launch ever. I also don't see the reason to excuse the mistakes of multi billion dollar company, they had a year to port the game to PC and fix the problems, but they very obviously didn't do it.

Singleton99 and Solfaur like this.
  7. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Is your gpu at 97+ % load? If yes, then it doesn't really matter what your cpu load is...

8. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Yes it's at 99% most of the time.

9. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Then you are gpu bottlenecked, and your cpu load % is absolutely irrelevant...

10. @Party Poison Every bad launch is a mix of ppl who can run the game well and other who can't. In case or RDR2 there is a lot of ppl who can't even run the game on some motherboards or even specific BIOS versions! I call this a major f-up from R*. GN video confirmed ugly stuttering even on some Intel systems making the game almost unplayable. Then there are crashes or unability to even launch the game with AV software installed, some visual bugs especially with DX12, bad GPU performance especially on Pascal etc... The fact that you or your friends can run the game means nothing.

11. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    How can a 5700RX be a bottleneck at 1080p when people with much more inferior graphics cards are running the game to a similar or better extent?

It's obviously a synthetic/software bottleneck hence me wondering (and thus asking) if anyone knows something I can try to fix/improve it.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
  12. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    That's exactly my point.

The same can be said for those who the game doesn't work for, just because it works fine for most doesn't mean that it works for everyone in exactly the same way that for those that can't get it to work doesn't mean that the game is totally broken.

It's subjective to the singular experience, I could find 50 people in a friend's list who all have no issues, doesn't mean it's fine.

Find a thread with 50 people who can't get it to run, it's as useless as the 50 who can.

13. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Screenshot of your settings and benchmark fps.

14. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    I'm getting a 2.69GB update right now.

15. I'm trying to say that whether the launch is good or bad is defined be the ratio between good vs bad user experiences. And in case of RDR2 I'd say the ratio is unusually bad. Considering all the technical reviews and metacritics at least.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2019

16. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Guest

GPU:
    Have you tried Nv experience edge enhancement uspcaling filter? It makes upscaled picture sharp and now you can also toggle it in Nv control panel.

17. jimdove

jimdove Guest

GPU:
    Windforce 1080ti
    Hows this new patch today? 2gig just installed (Not had the chance to even load the game yet due to "life". Hoping to get a session in when i get back from work later. From the chaos of the launch I ph334 a bit for my 1080ti. I have the old drivers on standbye if the latest ones are gimped by nvidia.

18. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    No i have not ! I will have a look at it when i get home from works ! :)

19. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    So moving to vulkan stopped my random CTD that was happening. My min FPS is higher too. Also even though I had TAA Sharpening set to max I still used the nvidia sharpening filter. What a difference! I dialed it down to around 25 percent and my image looks so crisp now with great FPS in the 60-80 range.

20. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    That forum must be overloaded, I can't get in heh.

But I'm on 1.0.0.3 ABBA and had no issues. But I have seen others say they had to use 0.2 or 0.4 to make it work. Might be a chipset issue.
    There's so many variables on PC it can be hard to pin down what exactly the problem is.