Diablo IV

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Carfax, Nov 1, 2019.

?

What class will you play at launch?

Poll closed Jun 23, 2023.
  1. Barbarian

25.0%
  2. Sorcerer

27.8%
  3. Rogue

20.8%
  4. Necromancer

19.4%
  5. Druid

6.9%
  1. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    I agree. When the game does finally launch, it will look completely different from what was shown in the 2019 announcement. The only thing that will look reminiscent will be the art style.

2. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    Yeah I agree, purely based on writings. But in the trailer he calls Lilith 'blessed mother', and going by his facial expression upon looking at her he sure as hell seems nearly paralyzed with adoration. Not sure if that's purely a gesture of etiquette in her presence to stay safe (I mean if anything, she is his mother, after all). He might of course have his own agenda. But the problem is that he wouldn't have gone through the trouble of summoning Lilith on Sanctuary if his plans didn't at least involve siding with her even just temporarily. If what he ultimately wants to achieve is bringing her to Sanctuary only to "kill" or harm her in some way (or trap her), he's in for a big surprise. But he's smarter than that. I'd assume that they wrote him in a more complex way than just "Let's bring Lilith to Sanctuary only to help the Nephalem to bring an end to her", when he'd know very well that - ultimately - demons and angels cannot even be killed (only 'controlled', trapped or 'banished' to some void realms; since their physical forms never represent their permanent medium for existence in physical realities). Sure, that he'd be "evil" can be a matter of perception in the end. But he didn't seem to feel any remorse for using that poor man in the trailer to complete the summoning. His stoicism doesn't make him a good guy either. The best case scenario is that he's some sort of a chaotic neutral type of guy.

That's how I perceive him for now anyway. Time will tell. I just hope that he doesn't end up a good guy in D4. I absolutely would prefer him as not necessarily "evil" per se, but at least someone who's goals would be just as dangerous for mortals of Sanctuary as Lilith's plans would be. And that perhaps new to the Diablo franchise the player would have to decide which 'path' to take, knowing that neither of them would mean just good endings for humanity. As they mentioned during their presentation at BlizzCon, that there's going to be no "clean victories" in D4. I hope that it translates as such in the actual story as well. We might have to deal with two merely different evils, we'd just have to pick up the lesser or the greater one, in our view.

Carfax likes this.
  3. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Well he certainly looks evil I give you that much. When I first watched the cinematic trailer, I had no idea who he was but I thought he must have been some kind of cultist leader or some such attempting to summon a powerful demon into the material plane.

Heck, with all the demon summoning that goes on in Sanctuary, it's hard for me to even feel bad for them because they bring it on themselves each and every time. :D

4. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    By all means do ask HH if it's ok to start a thread about a political conflict. He'll probably tell you it's not a good idea. And those were the rules at that HS tournament. No big corporation wants to get involved in this kind of thing.

5. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Well it certainly looks interesting. I'm glad they moved away from the more "Warcraft 3" looking art style, in favour of something more serious. I'm not that into Diablo games, but the promises of a seamless world (which I liked about Titan Quest and Grim Dawn) that's a bit more open kinda appeal to me. It's definitely more interesting than the mobile game...

6. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    At least it doesn't look like cartoon.

Undying likes this.
  7. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    im surprised i only saw comments on the net ( so far ) about the graphics\theme the demo brings.

i mean.. D2 was not about graphics at all. the game as a whole package was far from flawless..
    it had bugs, crazy exploits, it was not a pretty game at all.. and it was still a gem.

im looking at D4 and the first thing that comes to mind is.. will they succeed in bringing a solid
    item system ? even 80% as good as D2 would do it.

i spent thousands of hours searching for rare items by myself, grinding baals\pits\full acts for
    those crazy zero chance items. im not talking about bots\d2jp Era.. im talking about real grind..
    with a few good friends and the craaaaaaazy feeling where u get a legit CoA or some insane rare ring\gloves or w\e.

D2 was all about the items. the music\atmosphere\pvp were only bonuses ( in a good way ).

8. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    D4 will be different. But, there will be more depth compared to D3. Runes and runeworls will add to customisation, also there's talents and skill points to invest in. So not every character will have access to all of the skills like they do in D3, meaning you'll have to pick some and lose out on others.

Runes and runewords look pretty basic right now, but maybe they can work on that, that would be amazing.

They're saying that legendary items will be as good or better than set items. I'm thinking sets will be there for early end game and transmog, but once you find some build changing legendaries, they will take over.

Overall, there's a long way to go and many things will be tweaked. As an announcement, it was pretty solid and a good platform to build on.

9. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
  10. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim

11. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    The more i look at it it looks better. I've decided to get this day one. Have to play it...

12. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Disclaimer : You'll hear way too many ridiculous "Yo" and "Bruh" and "Dude". Drove me crazy at some point, that guy really should expand his idle banter vocabulary.

RzrTrek and fantaskarsef like this.
  13. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Pics up a Stone of Jordan.... brings back memories.

Netherwind likes this.
  14. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I remember everyone writing "SoJ" :) I didn't even understand what they meant at that time.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  15. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim

16. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    While I like the art style of D4 much more thank D3's, I still don't know how I feel about having other players in the world. I would enjoy having at least an option of romping through solo.

17. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    I might be off, but from what I read, you have the option to play solo. It's like an MMO where there will be public areas and then there are the instanced areas where you get to play on your own. The always-online bit is always going to be there though. Unfortunately, that's the future of gaming where every game will eventually require always-online in some way.

18. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    i don't see a problem AT ALL by playing online-only in Diablo. if the option to play
    solo exists that's all i need. the game itself will only improve over time if the economy and item
    trading system will be a solid one. it was a total mess in D3, and it was almost non-existent after
    the auction house was gone. in D2 it just became a botting game over time. people had no reason
    to grind. hope D4 will have a healthy trading\economy system.. its very important in my eyes.

19. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    I'm pretty sure they said you can turn it off, during the opening ceremony. But I might have misheard.

20. I'd even prefer completely offline play or LAN support, but yeah I don't need other players ruining my gameplay experience either.