Geforce Game Ready Driver 441.12 - Download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Tadeo, Nov 4, 2019.

1. MaLDo

MaLDo Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080

Hi ManuelG, can you look if a open bug exists on your side for the 2 second pauses in Rise of the Tomb Raider DX12 in Soviet Installation hub?

Thank you

2. AuerX

AuerX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Militech Apogee
    The 5700XT does very well in RD2 DX12. Vulkan seems to drop it down a few notches tho.

3. Miguel12345

Miguel12345 Member

GPU:
    2x Gigabyte GTX 970 SLI
    Thanks!

I hope they can reproduce it, it's quite easy for me to do so with any 440 release.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
  4. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX
    I like puzzles:

Strange combination bug drivers 441.xx and ROTTR:

ROTTR is hitching on the outdoor levels, and less on the indoor (building and cave levels).

So ROTTR seems to hitch and pause when the game is located on an array (ssd raid 0) and 441.xx are used at the same time.

a. when game directory is moved to a single SSD the issue is lessened to just hitching on 441.xx (no issue on 431.86)

b. when game is on SSD array - auto saves cause complete pauses (with 441.xx)

c. when game is on single SSD - the hitching is there but level auto-saves does not cause pauses (with 441.xx)

c. reverting to 431.86 removes all traces of ROTTR hitching and pauses on raid array or on sigle ssd and provides smooth game play.

d. installing 441.xx brings full symptoms back.

I have not seen this behavior on any other driver. No other application is exhibiting this behavior, just the combination of 441 driver, ROTTR, and ssd on array. The hitching on ROTTR is unique to this driver, regardless of array or ssd (the auto-save pauses is unique to this driver, ROTTR and raid array) Event viwer shows nothing and running a concurrent game/app does not have the concurrent manifest the issues.

WHAT is unique about the 441 driver that triggers these symptoms?
    (when compared to 431.86 and 426.xx)

head scratcher?!

qualifying statements:
    Titan V build
    (8 SSD members array, + 2 single SSD) 621 dual mobo
    ROTTR(latest build) is at 4k, max eye candy except its TAA, no ray tracing. Running G-Synch on Asus PA32UCX monitor, V-Synch set ON, max perf, etc

on Titan XP build,
    same mobo chipset, smaller array (4 SSD members, + 1 single SSD) 621 single mobo
    ROTTR (latest build) is at 4k, max eye candy except its TAA, no ray tracing. Running G-Synch on Asus PA32UC monitor, V-Synch set ON, max perf, etc

full uninstall, then DDU, then install

On both systems, reverting to 431.86 drivers relieves ALL symptoms

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
    tiliarou likes this.

5. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX
    sorry this is a duplicate post

6. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Smells like the driver isn't behaving with others. Check MSI report, and if it installed with Highest priority, change it to Unassigned so that the OS will handle resource allocation.

@venturi

7. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX
    I shall try that, thank you

8. AQUILES

AQUILES Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    "ignore film grain" is a filter focused mainly to counteract the excess grain generated in films and videos when there is too much sharpness.

In my case, as the video players I use already bring their own sharpness filters, I had to upload the ignore grain film grain to .80 otherwise the noise is exaggerated.

It's natural for this to happen knowing that it's a console game, and even more so if the developer hasn't put too much effort into optimizing the game for GPUs other than AMD.

In fact it's almost a miracle that we see RDR2 on PC knowing what Rockstar thinks about PC piracy (remember what happened with 1) so I was hoping they wouldn't put too much effort on this port.

-Tj- likes this.
  9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    The benchmarks cast that doubt away, cpu matters.

10. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

Where to start with these yours claims,its down to Spectre or inSpectre V3 or V4 mitigation,38 points or so between the CPU is simply nothing there,I would suggest older drivers and compare older drivers test with newest drivers with Pascal GPU,I use Octane and Blender Cycles,IRAY I don't use mostly because is slow or slower than most render engines available,Redshift is probably my favourite renderer because is fast and quite easy to understand and now regarding the Octane and Pugetsystem bench proven nothing,they never tested mitigation and never done that for start,what they found is CPU with less cores and higher clock speeds can be better in rendering or beneficial than high core count CPU in Octane,I can compare two CPU which I have at home 2698V3 vs 5960X with 4.7GHz and found 25-35 seconds difference in rendering in larger scene which is rendered in 6500-7500 samples as max,2698v3 is slightly slower but just 25-30 seconds as max

But still Octane doesn't use CPU as much,IRAY do use bit more CPU in rendering but this really depends on settings of yours renders etc,Redshift or Poser SuperFly or even Cycles doesn't use CPU as much as other render engines,we are not talking about the game renderers...

Please stop it mate,I don't need to cool it for which I need to cool off under

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

@Mineria

Really?

These Game drivers are used in professional field too in rendering,people use more consumer GTX or RTX GPUs in professional or rendering fields than Quadro(comparable Quadro is 2 or 3 times more expensive than GTX or RTX GPU),its myth you can't or shouldn't use RTX or GTX GPUs in rendering,they're reliable and fast or faster in most cases than Quadro

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

venturi likes this.

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Professionals don't install every driver update that releases.

12. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX
    Are making a personal jab that folks here are not professional?

very curious

ultra5711, AQUILES and HARDRESET like this.
  13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    No, but if the shoe fits :cool:.

People who favor productivity in professional settings never update immediately where drivers are concerned.
    many even defer windows updates to gauge feedback first.

Also these softwares do have a recommended driver listed... so deviating from that is on the user......

14. AQUILES

AQUILES Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Apparently you've got the wrong topic.
    I refer you to the title of this topic so that you know what it is about:

Geforce Game Ready Driver

We're talking about game drivers... I mean, a hobby.

For productivity speeches there are other topics.

BlackScout, ultra5711 and HARDRESET like this.
  15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Follow the flow of conversation before being witty.

16. ultra5711

ultra5711 Guest

GPU:
    GTX Titan on Agua
    Good luck making a logical argument with @Astyanax , unfortunately has lost touch with reality. Just check post history. ; )

17. AQUILES

AQUILES Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    In your comment you're bringing up the professional subject, and here we're talking about drivers for video games.
    It's so hard to understand that you are wrong?

It is clearly noticeable that he has an important lack of common sense.
    I will attempt to ignore his comments in the future.

BlackScout and ultra5711 like this.
  18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    oh boy, so many ignorant people that can't follow a conversation turning up in these driver threads lately and then acting like they are in the right when they ignored multiple posts establishing a context for the post they come to be offended by.

Put me on ignore, it'll put us both out of our misery, one thing i don't tolerate is blinkered foolishness, its one trait i know i share with Unwinder.

One things for certain, both of you share a deformed idea of logic and have no technical sense.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
  19. AQUILES

AQUILES Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    In the foolishness it is the one that you have fallen mixing the professional subject with the videogames (you already read what the subject is about right?).
    And of course I'll ignore to you, in fact I rarely pay attention to clumsy comments, but I didn't think your lack of common sense was so noticeable that it was even public knowledge.

End of conversation.

20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    I can't tell if you're a dense or willfully ignorant,

Game Ready is the name of the driver package, it is not the subject matter that dictates the flow of the topic and not all aspects of a driver are Game related.

So the logic you are trying to force here is flawed and irrelevant to the conversation that spans the top most of the page.