Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Havel, Oct 16, 2016.

1. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    glad to hear it, just started installing the game and new drivers !

2. MarkyG

MarkyG Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti
    Well that's disappointing. I just started a hunting mission with the sniper rifle and get a CTD with a R* launcher error. Tried again, random sitting down at a table, same crash. Argh!

3. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    I had some weird graphical glitches and bugs with vulkan, switched to dx12 and it seems to be fixed. Still there are some random crashes, with game exited unexpectedly. This is really a lot worse release than the last GTA, hope they can produce a patch soon.

4. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Welp, I'm convinced there is no way to avoid TAA to rid of the shimmery mess. Even 8x MSAA and supersampling doesn't remove it.. I mean the game doesn't look bad on medium TAA w/ sharpening but the whole desire of the PC version was to avoid AA filters and brute force it..

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Those would be vram related, Vulkan starts to graphically glitch when you use more vram than is present on the card.

6. RDR2's rendering pipeline is built to use TAA. I honestly don't understand why they even bothered adding MSAA or FXAA options. Modern approach to rendering is to use TAA and control image sharpness vs speed by filters and undersampling/supersampling.

7. SameOldx2

SameOldx2 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070
    No crashes so far, but the game freezes for 2 seconds+ sometimes then continues playiing.

8. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    As expected, i just spent almost 2 hours restarting the game and playing the benchmark to find the optimal settings. Sitll haven't found what i'm looking for.

Diving back in, cya all in a week.

Passus likes this.
  9. Kono

Kono Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 / 8GB
    Played 4 hours straight, no crash on rtx2070. Most setting on Ultra. 3440x1440 @ around 40fps, Ultra TXAA and DX12. Game run great, no hiccup at all. I'm still messing around with some of the Ultra setting. I couldn't see the different..:(

10. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    This game is so good, only reason i dropped the controller was that i was falling asleep, can't wait to log back in!

Grimbarian and cerebus23 like this.

11. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    Anyone else getting constant crashing? I was getting it on SP and Online, I have my AV disabled. I don't get it... sometimes it runs fine for an hour, then it will crash twice in a row.

I read someone was saying it happens when they lose connection to the internet.

12. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    Could a mod ever sharpen up the closer visuals? And I don't mean within 12 inches up close. Further back than that but still in a close range.

13. glObalist

glObalist Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980ti Gamin
    Anyone playing with a controller and having the mouse cursor constantly shoved into the center of the screen?

14. SameOldx2

SameOldx2 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070
    The constant freezing is making the game hard to play. Still no crashes though. Game needs patches big time. TAA seems weird also, distant trees look like low res lod crap when it is off.

norton likes this.
  15. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Granted, I only played for 2-2.5 hours but I had no crashes whatsoever. And I haven't noticed the shimmering that others have mentioned either in the opening snowy sections. TAA is supposed to reduce shimmering during motion but it can be re-introduced if you, say, crank the Sharpness setting too high. The only issue I've experienced is 2 or 3 split-second stutters or hitches during cutscenes but gameplay has been fine.

The game could do with a framerate cap option which is the only graphical setting that is missing from the options. I noticed that while loading the game often goes to 200+ fps even though I had a 165 Hz G-SYNC display that should be capped at 165 fps since I have v-sync enabled in the NVIDIA Global settings. It is if is being uncapped to speed up loading times as this is where the high framerate usually occurs (well, it's not as if the game itself can run at that when maxed out!!!).

16. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    No, I haven't noticed that and I'm sure I would have otherwise. One of my annoyances with PC games is how some of them don't disable/hide the mouse pointer when playing with a controller, forcing me to have to manually move it to the bottom and off the screen.

17. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Resahde or nvidia experience

18. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    for some reason the settings menu is bugged for me, the fade in and fade out is really really slow, and alt tabing brings it up faster.

the epic launcher and rockstar launcher are really annoying. plus not being able to play offline if there is not internet service.

I had a brief internet outage and rockstar social service said the game has to be closed.
    and it refused to run in offline mode.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
    cerebus23 likes this.
  19. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Ok so found out that hdr works for me only in Vulkan mode. In DX12 hdr menu disappears from display settings.
    Anyways, game runs great for me, 4K all ultra except the ones that you can only go high maximum. For now did not dip bellow 35 lol, and hope it would stay that way, if not will go down gradually on settings.

20. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    I thought so too, but afterburner shows around 4 - 5 GB VRAM usage while I have 8. Anyway, dx12 seems to solve the issue.