Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Havel, Oct 16, 2016.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Anti virus is doing things to the launcher somehow (Shouldn't but eh suppose false positives happen.) and then some stuttering and periodic crashes in-game at least for DX12, can be fixed pretty quickly within a week or so getting newer signatures for the AV software and if needed a newer version of the Rockstar client.

Only seen a little bit of the PC version myself though, backlogged and I waited years for the patches for GTA V to slow down (They didn't. :p ) so I'm in no hurry but will pick it up eventually when it's down to a affordable price.
    (Also for GTA V the more important PC version fixes was mostly during the first year too and then regressions and changes to GTA Online also broke a few things so most of the later updates weren't that important beyond GTAO additions.)

EDIT: As to the AV the launcher should have valid digital signatures so that's why it's surprising to hear it getting hit but I guess some software is just very active in what it perceives as 'malicious' but it should be simple enough to disable or add exceptions if that's where the initial crash issues stem from. :)
    (Win10 1903 or 1909 for DX12 and just newer drivers for Vulkan far as API's go and what other required software there might be for the game itself.)

EDIT:
    ...And what the modding community might come up with in the meantime.

[​IMG]
    (Dusk to Dawn though I'd imagine recoil being a bit of a ball buster without some proper padding. Heh.)

Not your usual form of hip firing.

EDIT: Yeah I know it's going to be a bunch of nude mods and various script edits early on.

Though it could work well even before the fun stuff happens, improving control responsiveness and all sorts of fun tweaks just from the existing script files once the tools are adapted to the PC version of Red Dead Redemption 2 and if Rockstar isn't blocking or hampering anything though that's usually later with custom script loaders and advanced modding.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
  2. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Damn, I hope it's not buggy. I should be launching in about 10 minutes. Still using 441.08 drivers so we'll see what happens.

3. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Give rockstar a break guys. It's not like they've had at least a full year to get this port right or anything.

serbicu likes this.
  4. Forceflow

Forceflow Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
    Newest drivers, no antivirus (is that the issue for people who can't launch?) except Windows Defender

My system: 6700K, 1070TI, 16 GB Ram, Win10

I can get into the game, and running on the suggested options (which seem to be a weird mix of medium/high, only changed refresh rate) it gives me 64 avg FPS in the benchmark. On these options however, the game does not look great at all. Muddy textures, going to boost the anisotropic filtering.

Benchmark looked choppy (frametimes off?).

Will experiment further - there's a ton of options to play with, so that's good at least. But this is not making a good first impression. Even the menu feels laggy, and I can run the benchmark just once. After that it loads to the menu, and I have to restart the whole game to rerun it.

Edit: Just hard crashed to desktop during the benchmark.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    airbud7 and Serotonin like this.

5. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I fixed my resolution problem by turning off DSR in Nvidia control panel. Apparently, the game was auto-detecting the highest available resolution, which was 4K for me since I had all resolutions checked in the control panel. Alright, time to play the game!

airbud7 likes this.
  6. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4090 OC
    Added Launcher, Red Redemption 2 and Social Club folders to Exceptions in Avast settings, now it launches:>)

airbud7, Uncle Dude and Serotonin like this.
  7. Well this looks like a typical R* launch then :)

Serotonin likes this.
  8. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I'm interested to see what 4k/ultra runs at. Thanks for your sharing your experience so far.

airbud7 likes this.
  9. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    Found the game settings posed online, if anyone wants to see before getting into the game;

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Dunno about gameplay settings such as FOV - 1st person & 3rd person view.

Serotonin likes this.
  10. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Pffff brutal, Ultra quality mode is not even playable at 1080P for a Radeon RX 580/590.

airbud7 likes this.

11. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    You already running a few benchmarks? Goodness.

12. Forceflow

Forceflow Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
    There have been some reports (as in: I saw it on reddit) that DX12 drasticly improves framerate. It wouldn't be the first buggy Vulkan release. Checking that now, will edit this post with findings.

Edit: Alas, no real difference.

13. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Ran the benchmark at 1080p Ultra:

[​IMG]

Anyone else getting really low cpu usage?

Set everything to ultra at 1080p, Ryzen 7 2700x with Radeon RX 5700 and 16gb RAM.

GPU usage constant 99% CPU usage 5%-11% fps around 30-40.

I've set the exe to high priority just curious if anyone else is experiencing the same low CPU usage?

14. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Myeah, the internal benchmark is borked (sometimes does not even start and waaaaay too long. Doing some test runs in the snowy chapter 1 colter scene.

airbud7 likes this.
  15. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    I tested on Ultra D3D12 vs Vulkan with 5900 XT .. made hardly a difference FPS wise in fact DX12 was marginally faster.

airbud7 likes this.

16. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    No native DS4 support, really crappy, even the very indie Outward has native DS4 support!

17. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
  18. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Game works fine here. CPU usage is fairly low for me as well. Getting 42 fps in the opening snow scene with Dutch, default settings 1440p.

Benchmark:
    [​IMG]

19. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    ...!? The game hasnt been cracked yet! Stupid memes...

20. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Try that with the slider set to full Ultra ;)

airbud7 likes this.