Arma 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Pill Monster, May 19, 2011.

1. Size_Mick

Size_Mick Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1070 8GB
    No reason to post this other than this is the best game ever made for PC, so it should have a front-page thread. Now, there are a thousand reasons you could bring up to dispute my claim that this is the best game ever made for PC, but you'd be wrong. :p If you haven't tried it, grab it when it's on sale (sometimes it lands on Humble Bundle for super cheap, and they usually put it on sale during Steam sale events).

If you have tried it a long time ago but didn't like it, try it again now because it's pretty much fully baked at this point, barring any bugfixes they might want to try to implement.

If you play it regularly, PM me because I really want to get more people to play a mission I love to death, called Escape [terrain name here]. Not that crappy built-in one, mind you, but one based on the Arma 2 mission "Escape Chernarus" by Engima.

Grimbarian likes this.
  2. Well it's often regarded as the best modern battlefield simulator available to date; far as mirroring reality I'd say they did as a good job with what technology was available of that time. I'd be curious if the next ARMA will implement the simulation-style combined with VR. I'd actually consider moving to VR for that.

3. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    mods make it the best milsim commercial game going.

other than mines hopelessly broken atm.

i have to scrap and start over likely and not inclined to muck with it any time soon.

Shataan likes this.
  4. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    I modded and played the crap outta ARMA III. So much so, that I`m am way ready for ARMA 4.

5. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    yea and they doing another season of DLC for arma 3 not sure i sold on it yet.

any word on 4? not that i expect it they took what 8 years from armor 2 to 3 or there abouts and arma 3 still looks good.

hope they work on the flight models in 4 they woefully weak compared to most any other aspect of the game. makes it easy for people to fly but sim should mean a bit more.

not like making the game more difficult is going to put the fans off :p. might even draw some of those aircraft simmers into arma 4 not much there for them in 3 even with mods.

6. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Threads merged

7. Size_Mick

Size_Mick Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1070 8GB
    I don't fly in Arma much these days, but I know the simple flight model feels almost identical to the flight model they've used since Operation Flashpoint back in 2001. But in Arma 3 there's also an advanced flight model that is supposed to be pretty good. you have to enable it, though. It's not the default.

8. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    ^ pretty sure i did at one point when i had my joystick setup no the helo model is so removed form real advanced or simple.

9. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    The milsim community in ArmA 3 is dead. The largest public milsim group in ArmA died 5 months ago and they averaged 40+ players every Friday and Saturday only a year ago. They're in the middle of shutting down their forum and ArmA 3 server atm.

All the remaining and most active ArmA 3 milsim groups don't break even break 25+ players and don't even bother putting out recruitment posts on forums anymore and still only exist because of people who've been dedicated to the game for at least last 4 years and even more.

The last time ArmA 4 was mentioned by Bohemia Interactive they said ArmA 4 is not in development which was last year. ArmA 3 has been out longer then ArmA 2 before ArmA 3 released. ArmA 3 has been out for 7 years.

The only good thing about the Contact DLC is that it came with a new European woodland terrain/map and some other stuff that mission makers could play around with and add in missions for a little while. Not enough to bring even a small amount of people back into the game.

The milsim groups are the ones who play the real game and make use of all the assets and features Bohemia Interactive provides. Not the 12 year olds playing Wasteland and cops and robbers in Altis Life.

There are two more groups I'm gonna give a chance this weekend before I call quits on ArmA. Maybe when ArmA 4 is announced I'll go back.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
  10. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    We are invaded!
    https://www.pcgamer.com/tencent-has-purchased-a-majority-stake-in-bohemia-interactive-report-claims/

Chinese media conglomerate Tencent has purchased a sizeable stake in Bohemia Interactive, according to a new report on The Information.
    The DayZ and Arma 3 developer joins Epic Games and Supercell (known for mobile titles like Clash of Clans) among the major studios and companies Tencent owns a stake in.

According to the report, Tencent paid $260 million for the 70-80 percent stake. Based in the Czech Republic, Bohemia's last major release was Ylands, though it continues to roll out updates for both Arma 3 and DayZ. In 2018, Bohemia partnered with Tencent to publish Ylands on its own WeGame platform.

It's been a busy year for Tencent. The company purchased Conan Exiles studio Funcom earlier this year, invested in Spec Ops studio Yager, and more recently, took over development of System Shock 3.
    Tencent owns Riot Games too, which recently shipped Valorant.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
    Size_Mick and cerebus23 like this.

11. droopy_ro

droopy_ro Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Ti MSI
    So in the ArmA 4 campaign, the enemy will be Taiwan and Japan ?

cerebus23 likes this.
  12. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    ccp now owns part of them and epic.

lest we got arma 2 and 3 ;p.

13. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    "Need another magazine, private? No problem, just step right into our online store. Don't forget to browse our selection of colorful skins for your m16."

14. Size_Mick

Size_Mick Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1070 8GB
    Why can't Czech things just stay Czech? Now it's Chinese Czechers. Oh well, maybe Codemasters can whip up Operation Flashpoint 3 for us instead.

Turanis likes this.
  15. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    It's fake news and not true.

16. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Ive just bought ARMA3, after being a huge fan of OF, the original Ghost recon series and the first ARMA, ive not been near them for years, And with the exception of the Far Cry series which i have played through all again (inc modded versions) ive not been near a FPS for a long time, BF5 and COD WW2 maybe. Wow there's a lot of Mods for A3.

cerebus23 and Grimbarian like this.
  17. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    ARMA needs a really huge update of the existing Engine, or a new Engine altogether. Tbh I just can`t look at ARMA 3 anymore. Even after all the Mods. lol Bring on ARMA 4. ;p

18. KIBERMAX

KIBERMAX Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6Gb
    I do not think that Arma 3 will be remade, for example for the new enfusion engine it will take a lot of work, I think it is better to create a new Arma 4, although it will take even more time for development. Sorry for my english.

19. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    Well over 1,500 Hrs here, i think i could have mastered a programming language in that time.

It's still a huge a amount of fun for me, i've been developing the same editor mission since it was released.
    Hope to release around this Christmas time, otherwise a few beers and KOTH goes down well in the evenings.

cerebus23 likes this.
  20. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    hmmmm I didn`t know they were working on a Vietnam DLC. Arma 3 Creator DLC: S.O.G. Prairie Fire..... now THIS... looks interesting!!!!!!