Geforce Game Ready Driver 441.08 - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Astyanax, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Lurk

Lurk Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4080 VertoOC
    thanks, that's valuable input. will try if I run into the problem again.

on a side note, just tried the sharpening feature on a game not compatible with Ansel (Hardland), and it works phenomenally. Nice one, Nvidia.

2. DLD

DLD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060 6GB
    Win 10. Upon the installation and the restart, seemingly everything was good... Until I started (tried to launch) the Sh*tThunder (aka War Thunder). No go - freezing/crashing and going back to desktop. When I consulted the control panel (display properties), to my surprise I realized that, for the reason who-knows-which the monitor's refresh rate was set to 64 Hz (yeah, 64!!!!). The dialog box within which, normally, it is possible to make certain changes, was completely greyed out, and the nv cp was missing (not found in a taskbar where it always resides) so I wasn't able to change anything. It took 5 consecutive restarts of window$ before, all of a sudden, the refresh rate was set to it's proper value (60 Hz) and...lo and behold: eNvidiot's cp appeared in taskbar....

3. ren008

ren008 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    Going back to On vs Ultra for low latency mode. Way too many stutters with my old beast on ultra and I can't blind test tell the difference.

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    odd, are your profile specs still correct?

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I had a strange issue yesterday.

I resumed pc from sleep, started Destiny2, went to traveler (Drifter), then spawned at tower (default location), tried to run to post-inbox and then it started to artifact the screen. Like bad memory or something... Like a glitch by some in BF3 back in the days. Quit the game, restarted pc and all was good.

I reinstalled the driver just in case.

Also a bit confused by sharpen and that filmgrain scale slider.
    At 0.50 it was too much, lowered to .40 still, .20 kinda ok'ish but now I saw some grainy sharpen effect. As if that ignore filmgrain slider conflicted.. lowered it further and it was almost worse, atm disabled sharpen again.
    -Im using this for postAA sharpen, while using ingame downsampling @150% (or nv dsr 2.25x).

Edit:

I tried
    sharpen 0.07
    Ignore filmgrain 0.21

And it was a lot better, ingame postaa off, driver fxaa., while still looking sharp enough.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  6. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Globally is the only way you can use the new display scaling. Whether you or I like it doesn't matter, you should be able to properly add exceptions. NV has fixed similar issues concerning profiles (Gsync comes to mind). Not being able to properly disable features per-profile doesn't seem like an intended side-effect to me.

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Its like RTSS, yes you can create a profile and prevent it from affecting a game, but the hooking dll's are still in process memory.

in the case of this setting, you can make a profile and prevent the visual effect, but the dll is still loaded. its the whole fact it gets loaded that is busting up ppspp.

hence why i am routinely against the idea of globally hooked reshade.

tiliarou likes this.
  8. ultra5711

ultra5711 Guest

GPU:
    GTX Titan on Agua
    @ManuelG What architectures does the new VRR support since the new driver does not specify?

9. DLD

DLD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060 6GB
    Specs are as usual - default values were set once the nv cp (finally) appeared. Before that, it was impossible to manually alter/change anything within the graphics card's properties, since the corresponding dialog box in window$' control panel/display properties/advanced properties was greyed out. I do not use any "special profile" (for a specific app or game etc.) but the "global", instead. It always worked for me just fine (and keeps working fine now, ever since the nvidia cp "resurrected")...

10. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    I understand that enabling it globally will always inject the DLL. But it's easily possible for NV to not load the DLL if a profile says not to. I'm not sure why you believe this is impossible.
    I have a hunch though. The reason the new display scaling is only available globally is probably because the DLL needs to be hooked at a higher level, making it global by nature. If that causes issues like I saw with PPSSPP, clearly that's a pretty dirty way to accomplish this new scaling.
    I'm guessing they would need to reinitialize "something" when you launch something like PPSSPP. If that's not possible then I would say that this global profile requirement makes the feature not worth implementing.

AsiJu likes this.

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    PPSSPP must be doing something unusual in the first place to have such a delayed load just because reshade is present.

Is this specific to the directx renderers?

12. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    Image "sharpening" and "scaling" are 2 different things, aren't they? (Yes i know the sharpening can help reduce blur when scaling)

And does the sharpening work without Geforce Experience? I thought it was still using Freestyle "Sharpen" filter, but just injecting it without needing the GFE overlay to improve performance.

Edit: nevermind i just noticed the GPU Scaling option inside the sharpening option, lol

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  13. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    RDR 2 game-ready in two days ?

14. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    Yeah, it's the same sharpening from Freestyle but you don't need Freestyle/GFE in order for it work. It also works with majority of games unlike GFE one since that relies on the game supporting Freestyle.
    From what I see that GPU scaling from Sharpening only forces GPU scaling instead of Display (like in Adjust Desktop Size) and creates more resolutions below your native one. Kinda like DSR but it works backwards.

15. Elajitz

Elajitz Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    Can any one confirm that Battlefront 2 has dx 12 issues atm? or is it just me?

16. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Nope. Vulkan and opengl are effected, didn't even try directx. Directx isn't really worth using in ppsspp.

17. PanosXidis

PanosXidis Member Guru

GPU:
    3080 SUPRIM X
    guys i have one problem!!! on 436.51 drivers on control panel i have setting ultra low latency!!now with 441.08 ultra low latency disappeared how to fix it? i have SLI

18. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW

It doesn't show if you have SLI.

19. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080ti Eagle
    Yep, SLI. I'm firmly in the "once you go there, you never go back" camp.

20. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    Vulkan and OpenGL aren't supported by the new Sharpening for now (support coming later), could be the cause of your issues.