Diablo IV has been officially announced

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 2, 2019.

1. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080ti Eagle
    From what I've seen and read so far it seems D4 will include MMO mechanics. There will be worldbosses, and you can run into other players. Friendly and hostile town spread over the map. This will not be a classic ARPG, though I still hope the storyline will be of the typical not too shabby Blizzard kind. For a more back to the roots experience I reccommend Wolcen Lords of Mayhem, currently in beta and set for release in Q1 2020.

2. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    You mean right as usual. Are we looking at the same thing? Go look up the visually great games from over a decade ago, and compare them to this thing's trailer which probably glorifies it beyond the actual game and tell me it's "good" for the current era. It's a joke like the company who made it.

3. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    I like the art style and "colours" they have shown, D3 was much lighter. we will know more once we see the in-deep panels.

FYI in case you missed it, we get mounts because its an open world game, DIV will be an "mmo".

4. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Always online like D3? No thank you. H&S games with internet crap server lags, I will not fall again in this scum.

5. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Not for me.

I got D3 and found it, frankly, boring. It was a one-handed game I completed without barely even looking at the screen.

I require to have a semblance of balance and tactics, and D3 wasn't much more than Gauntlet in 00's.

Not for me.

6. Nero1024

Nero1024 Member

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 2080Ti
    It will be always online. Dead on arrival..

7. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 6800XT OC
    PoE is always online.
    Was it dead on arrival? No, it's bigger than ever.

Grim Dawn has online-stored characters too, and I'm using that so I can easily switch between my computers.

Your argument is invalid.

Goiur and Irenicus like this.
  8. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    I beg to differ. Grim Dawn is good, but can't hold a candle to Titan Quest

Ummm, it's 2019, not 1998 dude. Who in this day and age doesn't have their internet always on when their computer is on? Invalid and rather silly argument. I mean, if you're not always online when playing games, then good luck with that! You're fighting an already lost battle.

Diablo III is online only too.
    The only thing that makes it bad is cookie cutter builds and crap itemisation.

If D4 takes more from D2 than D3 then it COULD be good. Jury is still out though.

9. Nero1024

Nero1024 Member

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 2080Ti
    I meant it's dead on arrival for me. Not gonna bother with this game. There are better alternatives. It will be good graphically, sure, but other than that, boring. Forcing always online is anti-customer experience. If you want to support that, that's your free will.

You forgot that PoE is free to play, so it can be always online, but when you buy product, NO. Diablo wasn't MMO, so it should have stayed they way it was

10. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Obviously I've read more about it than you. It will be an ARPG with some minor MMO components. According to the devs, it won't be an MMO. There will be other players in town with you and when fighting the "world boss", but it will ultimately be a co-op game with up to 4 players outside of those instances. They also stated that it's undetermined if they want it to be an "open world game" or not.

11. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I was looking at a story line trailer, I have no idea what you were looking at. Most people understand that fantasy ARPG games are about the story line and game play, not the graphics. But, as usual, you don't understand simple concepts.

12. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    And thats why i used "mmo" and not MMO or mmo.

I was just doing a short description of the game about having a big open map where you will see other players.

I saw all panels about it, so probably im in the same point as you are, i was trying to give aditional information that you might not know in a friendly way, if that offended you,w im sorry.

13. ThEcLiT

ThEcLiT Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 460 1gb OC
    PoE and Lost Ark Online already killed all other arpgs. No new Diablo can compete with those 2. Diablo is over.

14. GamerNerves

GamerNerves Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT Nitro+
    Looks promising I would say. Blizzard has pretty much made only good games, so the whine is not comprehensible. It's okay though if Diablo in general is not your thing. This latest one seems to take a more grim approach like Diablo 1, which is mood wise clearly the best game. Diablo 3 didn't have an interesting story nor even that good graphics, but the gameplay was stellar and especially fun with friends. I think the campaign was a tad short and some much needed features like 'monster level' came little too late, but overall I enjoyed the game.
    The MMO aspect sounds somewhat appealing, but implementation is the key in the end. An option to play solely without unfamiliar players might be good. I would definitely enjoy a raid though every now and then with random players throughout the game. The new graphics are quite detailed in enviroments, also lighting and shadows are decent, but nothing too special overall. I think the game is on a right track gameplay wise like Blizzard games always are, but making this experience feel fresh is a tough challenge to be had.

I'm glad there is going to be Diablo IV, but honestly I'm expecting completely new titles from Blizzard and not that much Warcraft 4 or anything old. A new different take on RTS would be appreciated or even a story game like what Quantum Dreams does, since Blizzard definitely nails the cinematics.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
  15. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    I have no idea wtf issue you have with me, but that doesn't change the fact that these "simple concepts" you speak of are opinion. Blizzard crap money, and as much as some may want to deny it, graphics are an integral part of the experience. This isn't the early 90s where developers have to dedicate everything to story due to severe hardware limits. D3 was years outdated on release in so many ways it was lazy, D4 looks like they're doing the same. Period.

16. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Played D1 and D2. Skipped D3, might be back with D4 if it turns out good. I liked that they said they'd aim more for a darker game, which I like. Also depends on if my buddies play a lot.

That said... I always liked the story in D2. Now with D4 coming, I might need to buy / play D3 to catch up...

17. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Graphics are only an "integral part of the experience" to people that prioritize graphics. Most people playing isometric ARPG games are more concerned about the game play and story line, than they are graphics. That's why Diablo games have been successful and will continue to be, even with "outdated" graphics. Players aren't standing around critiquing the foliage. They are actually playing and enjoying the games. Hell, Roblox (~100 million active players) and Minecraft (~112 million active players) have crap graphics....and they're insanely popular. In fact, 2 of the top 3 best "selling games", have outdated or crap graphics..... Fact is, graphics are not nearly as important as you think.

Update: The demo and trailers for D4 were put together specifically for Blizzcon. The game is still a year or more away from release. Expected release is sometime in 2021 if not 2022 based on comments from Blizzard devs.

D3 is not as bad as a lot of people make it out to be. If you enjoyed D1 and D2, and can get past the lighter environment and slightly cartoonish graphics style....and a few plot holes in the story line.... It's actually a pretty good game. I'm working on my second run through of the game. It doesn't have the "doom and gloom" feel of D1 and D2, which I dislike and initially let keep me from enjoying it. It is actually a good game though.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
  18. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    You're comparing apples to oranges. The vast majority of people I've seen/heard from about playing D3 just skip the story and want to do an end-game grind, and of course are not happy with how outdated it was on release. All my friends have been playing these sort of games at least since the original D2, most of us well before, and not a single one thinks that the lazy bare minimum job Blizzard are doing is acceptable.

It doesn't matter how many years away a Diablo game is, it always looks the same or worse than the old trailers. No one asked for D3 to look like the reincarnation of Crysis to destroy current day PCs, but no one I know was happy that was such a shitty, low polygon, low texture quality, locked down experience. D4 is much of the same, unless Blizzard, for the first time ever, release a game looking significantly better looking than initially presented.