Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Launch Trailer, Screenshots and no RTX

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Congratulations you've won the award for "Worst Reason to Not Play a Game!"

[​IMG]

yasamoka, akbaar and jbscotchman like this.
  2. Man whatever happened to your country's nation-wide fiber roll-out effort? They were still working on that when I was living there in 2012... was it Telstra or something... ah anyways. Sorry to hear'

Ahh the -Golden Turd Award-
    "It is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing… such a little thing."

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2019
    yasamoka and Irenicus like this.
  3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Telstra never even tried to roll out fiber to the premises, they made a joke submission to a tech enquiry and the government told them to sod off.

4. What a whole lot of nothing - alright. Bummer.

EDIT: Is there any actual movement on Fiber to prem?

Sorry forget I asked, don't want to open a can of worms

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

The last Labor government estabished the national broadband network co, and failed quite badly at explaining to the public what it would enable,
    allowing the current lnp government to crap all over it and tear it back to a mix deployment of hfc and fttn, the initial rollout was fttp to both established and new houses, but now its only going to new suburbs.

the mess the lnp made of it has also kept NBN Co whole sale costs quite high, so where we should be having affordable 1Gbit plans, we barely get them at 100mbit.

Theres a lot of crappy politics involved, and dirty campaigning, so its not good to continue from there.

Some of us atleast have download speeds able to pull a 100GB game in a few hours though :p

Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  6. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    I have 18mbps land line ...here in Greece there was the fiber at home plan that was dictating fiber on each household by 2012 .......well.....then 2008 came and the project is on hold till further notice.

@airbud7 imagine that on some snes and mega drive/genesis games they advertise with huge letters 2Meg or 4 etc

@glutto hehe looks like i overshoot it too i should have checked :p

7. NamelesONEMail

NamelesONEMail Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1080Ti Extreme
    Dayum ... you people might want to move to Romania ... 1000Mbps internet is less than 10$ (its packaged with other stuff as well so the internet itself is much cheaper) ... I can put 2 or 3 4k bluray movies to download and come back 2 hours later to find them finished (and that's during daytime when speeds are lower). The average speeds I'm seeing during daytime is 30-45MB/s but later at night or during the night its 60-90MB/s :)

Irenicus likes this.
  8. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    Yeah Romania has amazing internet funny thing is i pay 18 euros a month for 18mbps ...and i am lucky we are talking about adsl most people averaging 8 to 13 mbps ... so i pay almost double for 55 times slower speeds !

9. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Hilbert said it wont be optimized for RTX, but it will be, as the 20 series cards are called the RTXs (the RT is called DXR), so the game will be optimized for those cards, as Nvidia will release a Game Ready driver for it, which will have said optimizations in it :D

airbud7, jbscotchman and IceVip like this.
  10. IceVip

IceVip Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Liquid X
    Now that's sum hot stuff.

jbscotchman likes this.

11. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    [​IMG]

Irenicus likes this.
  12. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    Have you ever thought that if people don't get your jokes, it's because perhaps you aren't funny or not being very obvious about your humour?
    The guy below you managed to be funny and all he used was a Gif. You should peut-etre rethink how you present your "jokes"
    Yup!! :D:p:D:rolleyes:

Romania is a beautiful country with beautiful people. Alas quite happy here in Oz and you know, kids etc.

But I download movies and games no probs. 6MB/s is enough for me until things improve (Note that I am in the country, far from ANY city, and distances here are vast. Metropolitan areas have better speeds. Also I have to note that my ISP/connection is rock solid stable and never fluctuates, so I am happy with that).

13. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 24Gb
    NO RTX, No Buy.

14. IceVip

IceVip Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Liquid X
    I swear if they don't use avx512 I'll switch to ryzen

15. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    I presume demanding RTX is a joke? Meanwhile, I'm giddy to finally play this game. I actually pre-ordered (quite rare), mainly so my 20mb DSL can download this monster over the weekend.

I'm not going to get anything done this week. :D

16. barbacot

barbacot Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 SuprimX
    Thank you for your advice.
    Now:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  17. valentyn0

valentyn0 Member Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor 6800 XT
    I pre-ordered too (quite rare) but since i bought GTA V day one on PC and didnt fail me (perfect optimisation, had a gtx 770 back then) i pre-ordered to get the bonus game at choice (took L.A. Noire)
    plus i know RDR2 will not fail, R* never failed me in terms of good ports.

18. akbaar

akbaar Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUFF 3080 12Gb
    HAHAHAHA
    the GOLD TURD
    COME ON!! hahahah why does it have to be a turd

ihave 200kb line 3g

19. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    Bully was a wacky port that said i do not think anyone really regretted buying bully and it was long ago their track record on their last releases about the quality of the port is excellent .