Extreme 4-Way Sli Tuning

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by A M D BugBear, Mar 10, 2019.

1. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    URGENT UPDATE ON DESKTOP DRIVERS 440.97(NON-QUADRO) WITH YAKUZA KIWAMI 2.

Wanted to give this game a shot with the new DESKTOP 440.97 drivers, although I have tried using the Quadro drivers, I have managed to get them installed but any changes in the control panel = Access denied.

I even set nvcplui as admin then re-start the .exe, nope.

But anyways, long story short, reason for this post in the first place:

This particular drivers DOES NOT WORK with Yakuza Kiwami 2 along with my custom bits(Don't matter which).

It seems to only scale in the 70 percent range.

More then likely the game needs to be re-tuned from the ground up with these drivers which I AM NOT going to do, that game is all done tuning, so no need, forget about it.

I am in the process of tuning ECHO, and might going to try another drivers and see how it will react.

In the meantime, back to modded Quadro Drivers.

So just heads up, DO NOT use these drivers for Yakuza 2, I haven't tried other games other then ECHO(Still tuning), but that being said, going to revert back.

Also, if you look in this thread, page 13, scroll down to where you see:

4-WAY SLI UPDATE - USE OF NON-QUADRO DRIVERS - MODDED 436.48 DRIVERS - 10/15/19:

In this section, it talks about Rise of Tomb Raider and Yakuza 2, Both scaling perfectly, so these drivers are fine, but these, pertaining to: 440.97 are not, so just heads up on it.

So in all the games on this thread mentioned, please use the Quadro drivers only to be safe, since they were originally tuned with those, thanks for reading.

UPDATE:

Went back to modded quadro drivers: 431.86, loaded up my profile for Yakuza 2, loaded up the game, scaling works perfectly...

Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
  2. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    URGENT UPDATE FOR ECHO - 4-WAY SLI - 10/24/19:

So after the problems I had with the desktop drivers: 440.97 with the scaling issues with Yakuza 2, didn't want to take the chance, and I was tuning this game from the get-go with these drivers.

I went back to the modded quadro drivers: 431.86, loaded my profile for this game, fired up the game and guess what, Scaling went over the roof...

Here the interesting part, in the first chapter, first scene area, Scaling is an absolute Animal in this area, however certain things needs to be adjusted here:

1st of all: Shadow's MUST be turned off otherwise you will see very abnormal stuttering when moving your mouse left or right.

2nd, you can use AA to ultra but you will get some flashing like effect in the background but there is workaround it, Push ALT+ENTER, then back to the game, you will see a very strong overlay impression imprint left in the background while playing the game, to remove this, simply go back to your AA settings, shut it off, then move it back to ultra, this will fix the issue and also: AA WORKS, can confirm on my side under 4-way mode.

3rd of all, Effect settings MUST not go anything more then HIGH in this area, doing so, when rotating your camera, there might be a chance you will something coming up from the background, a very strong massive overlay from the game will left on the screen and it will continue to flash like crazy, again, you can get pass this by doing ALT+ENTER then going back into the game and do the AA method to clear it up but best to leave it on HIGH because it will come back again.

And lastly, very very interesting part about this whole thing, in the snow area, Chapter 1, scene 2 area, in this scene, the overall scaling power across all 4 gpu is BAD, in the 20's for some odd reason, I went back into the Windowsnofolder and in the gameUSERsettings file, I put everything to 0 to see if I can eliminate any problems, nope, same situation...

I am in the process working around this issue, although chapter 1, scene 1 works EXCELLENT, SCALES Incredibly well, but in this scene, something is going on here, much further investigation needs to be done, like I said earlier, I am still very early tuning in this game, and yes, I even shut off post processing to make sure it wasn't hindering the overall scaling potential, because in some games, sli does NOT LIKE post processing, but in this case, doesn't matter.

Thanks for reading, be sure to check back more updates later as this game is still:

----------WORK IN PROGRESS----------

3. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    ECHO - GROUND BREAKING UPDATE - 10/25/19:

Got some Absolute damning news here for everyone in regards about this game.

Remember when I said about chapter 1, scene 2, the scaling usage is in the low 20 percent, well, everything has changed, now this area of the game scales like there is no tomorrow...

Before I begin, I did the geforce shadowplay recording method(100% working in hellblade, IT DOES NOT WORK PERIOD).

Also earlier I tried: optimize for compute performance and it does NOT work in this area and also weakens the overall performance a bit.

So here comes the secret recipe, the ultimate game changer for this game is this:

Under Sli Broadcast bits:

0x00000001<<~~ = DYNAMIC_BROADCAST_RENDER_TO_TEXTURE - Use broadcast to render interframe depandent content.

Although I haven't really messed with this bits yet, but I wanted to see how this would work since some games like Yakuza Kiwami 2, it gives me all gpus like 100% usage but behaves like 1 gpu, but every game is going to react different of course, so I gave it a try, and yes, I was clapping my hands LOUD, Bangin' on the table and saying YES several times over, got it to work...

Before I head down to the warning stuff about this, and yes they are very important to know but first:

1st of all, in the snow area of the game, you can use shadow's, I would personally set it to medium, anything higher can make certain buildings flicker on its edges and such, higher the shadow settings, worse the effect, but at times you can set it to ultra and load up the game and the anomalies wouldn't be there, so best to keep it on medium.

2nd of all, everything else can set to maximum from what I can tell but shadows should not go higher then high, doing so will cause abnormal stuttering, so try to keep it high and under for best results on overall performance and keeping stuttering at bay.

And 3rd, the most important of all, and its absolutely critical that anyone who attempts running 4-way with this, must read this:

After setting the SLI Broadcast to 0x0000000<<~~ this one to 1, was the ultimate game changer for overall scaling potential for the snow area but in turn, the overall heat and how hard the cards hits is the WORST I have ever encountered.

I had to put back my factory bios on all 4 gpu's because my speeds were throttling down and heat was getting to high, even in a cool room now, I have seen going like 81C on certain gpu's, all 4 gpu's were originally running @ 1.275V, which is VERY VERY VERY high for a 4-way 970 setup, was running great with yakuza 2 and yakuza 2 hits HARD as hell, this puts Yakuza to shame when it comes to overall temps is concerned.

Put it this way, the stock bios(which I originally used for long time), the load temps is like my heavy modded bios with Yakuza 2, so you all can clearly see how keeping the temps under control is the MOST important priority in this kind of a setup.

I also took a peek at the sensor within gpu-z, watts, multi-meter is the best way to go, I have seen each card hitting much as, If I remembered correctly, 273W+, so all together, over 1000W easy, just on the gpu's, this is when all 4 gpu's were @ 1.275V.

So I reverted back to stock and ran it like I normally ran it before, 1468, stock voltage on all gpu's or +0 within msi afterburner and guess what??? Not a single problem or any throttling down issues.

With Yakuza 2, Using my modded bios = Not a single problem, with this game = Forget about it.

Even though I did heavy modifications within the power and voltage table, just think the card couldn't take it, so after I seen some throttling down and those temps, I reverted it back.

So that being said, if anyone who attempts to run this game under 4-way mode, you better make sure that your bios is not modded for absolute best results, this is like the only game I have seen that throttle down like this, This game buries all the other games I have messed with...

All though, I haven't played it passed the snow scene but I have played like 20+ mins of it and everything seems smooth and perfectly stable, also, weather effects, such as snow, seems to be appearing perfectly, no flickering or anything.

Game is FAR from being finished but so far, this game HITS so hard on all 4 Gpu's, Harder then the strongest steel.

So again, Absolute fair warning here, you better have your cooling configuration well under check, This game/program is the WORST when it comes to Power/Heat, so be absolutely careful, this is no fun and games, very serious stuff here I recommend.

Game tuning overall is looking more then incredible, so far so good, I don't know how the scaling would react later on the game so be always sure to check back updates later.

And just heads up, using modified Quadro Drivers: 431.86.

----------GAME IS STILL WORK IN PROGRESS, CHECK BACK LATER FOR MORE UPDATES----------

Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
  4. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    ECHO - 4-WAY SLI - UPDATE - 10/25/19:

Entered the 3rd area after the snow scene, this section is extremely interesting,

1st thing caught my attn. is this:

I quickly noticed my scaling went down to the 70's to very low 80 percent range.

Now here's the most interesting part about this particular area, the main direction that you are facing constantly, mainly forward, this is where I have some scaling drops but when you look to the left, right or back the other way around where you come from, the scaling is EXCELLENT.

I closely monitored the fps in this scene, I moved forward quite a bit, looked at the fps, then quickly rotated the camera, facing the opposite direction, big difference in fps, so clearly this area needs some serious tweaking.

Also another thing, even with the stock bios, +100 on voltage slider, had it at 1543mhz, it throttled down to 1530's, but it was rare, so I quickly dropped the gpu speeds on all 4 gpu's to 1532-1533, seems there is no throttling down, temps seems fine.

Again, from my 4-way experience thus far, I believe this is the only game I every encountered with this kind of scaling problem...

Also, in the snow scene, some ground textures, if shadows are set to medium or higher, you will see some flashing, but its only in certain spots, if set to low, all disappears.

Also, when you enter this 3rd scene, the palace scene I believe what it is, the boundaries on each side seems like its flickering just a tad, but it only flickers when your not facing in that area where its flickering, if you look at that particular spot with your shoulder lights, the flicker goes away, really not that big of a deal.

So this is the latest up to date on the overall scaling situation on this game, I had a deep feeling that the next area I might run into scaling issues and I was right, this section needs some serious tuning, so in process on working on that.

So far, Chapter 1, area's 1 and 2 = EXCELLENT SCALING...

Thanks for reading and be sure to always check back for the latest updates on this game as this game is still:

Last edited: Oct 26, 2019

5. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    UPDATE - MODIFIED QUADRO DRIVERS: 440.97 & ECHO 10/27/19:

Just heads up, got this drivers to work and guess what???

Just like the official desktop drivers, I am having scaling problems with some games I have tested.

Only tested 2 games, as with the official ones.

Yakuza Kiwami 2 and ECHO(Currently, working in progress).

I haven't tried other games, but I have tried it with ECHO, and with the drivers I was previously tuning on, Quadro Drivers: 431.86 and I also Tried just for kicks, Quadro Drivers: 431.94, both works, These DO NOT WORK PERIOD.

So, if your tuning in general with the 970's, best be advised to skip theses drivers for the time being.

436.48 DESKTOP ones work with Yakuza 2, that I can confirm, also with Rise of tomb raider.

So, If you want to try the latest ones, give the 436.48 ones a try, But I would only recommend using the Quadro Drivers since all the games I have tuned on are within those drivers, so try to stick with them please, no telling what kind reaction within the scaling dept. it will dish it.

Far as ECHO is concerned, Still trying to fix the scaling issue within Chapter 1, scene 3 area(palace).

There was some work around but certain settings needs to be adjusted, for instance, Effects Quality, if you have it already under ultra, switch it to off then back to ultra, sometimes this will refresh the overall scaling power of your 4 gpu's, in this case, the quadro drivers 431.94, if you look at the opposite direction, you need to do this to refresh your scaling potential back to its peakest, but with the Quadro Drivers: 431.86, it doesn't have this issue, so drivers will react different but there is work around the issue.

Should see something for ECHO soon far as this area is concern, Trying my best to fix certain scaling issues in this area, mainly when facing foward, all the other directions are fine, and no, fixing this issue isn't easy and it ain't the graphic settings that's causing it, cause I edged it all out and put all the settings to 0(off), to eliminate any kind of potential problems that sli typically have in general, still same thing, so this area is gonna take some good deal of time.

That being said, ECHO is still currently:

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
  6. Dagda

Dagda Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    Interesting ,So it's true that nvidia is breaking sli support on recent drivers.

7. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Thanks for bringing this up, but I already just recently planned(before you posted your comment) to test some old drivers to current drivers to see if any scaling is effected, that being said, driver's might react different from how you tune the bits themselves, so I can not guarantee every old drivers will work due the tuning was all done with Quadro drivers.

I will test them way later, I will be testing many drivers in the future and will give a list down which will work and will not, complete with the list of games I have tuned thus far, but this is going to be some time from now, this will require tons of time, won't be anytime soon but thanks for mentioning about it.

8. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    UPDATE ON QUADRO DRIVERS 416.30 & CRITICAL UPDATE ON: BIOHAZARD 2(2019) - 10/13/19:

Wanted to go back to these drivers(one of my original ones) that I started with way back when I did this whole 4-Way Sli Project.

First let me say that I tested several games, Just some quick tests:

Yakuza Kiwama 2 = Same overall scaling as the ones I originally tuned with.

Echo(Currently working in progress), seems to be scaling the same way as the drivers that it was originally tuned with.

And here comes the most interesting part:

Decided to do some re-tuning with Biohazard 2(RE2/2019), and I made some massive difference.

First, originally I tuned this game(RE2) with I believe: 416.30 quadro drivers, then I shifted back to 416.30 drivers from 431.96 drivers to see how it will react with games I am currently tuning now, so I got some great news for RE2:

Like months and months ago in Regards about the massive graphic anomaly problems with this game under 4-way, I have fixed alot of this issue but not all of it.

Although Scaling is an Complete Animal, I have fixed alot of the graphic problems which months ago I could have not but first lets start with:

Under SLI Compatibility bits (DX10+DX11):

There is 2 Extremely important Hex's within this particular bits that MUST not be overlooked, no exceptions here and they are as follows:

0x0<<~~ this ones

&

0x00000<<~~ this one too

These 2 play absolutely critical on the graphic problems and overall flickering in general.

There is lots that I have discovered while tuning this game but I'll try to keep everything short, there is just to much here.

0x0<<~~ this particular hex, causes Massive graphic anomalies while:

0x00000<<~~ causes tons of flickering issue

I have corrected the issue, I have fixed these 2 problems but there is another major problem here:

By fixing these two hex's, guess what happens next??? Massive Scaling drop, drops to like 1 gpu power but I have fixed the issue and the work around it was all discovered be me, an average Joe will simply not find this, nope, not at all, But before I go into this:

Again under Sli Compatibility Bits (DX10+DX11):

0x0<<~~ The ones that causes problems are: 2,3,6,7,A,B,E & F.

0x00000<<~~ the ones that causes Flickering are: 1,3,4,5,6,7,9,B,C,D, & E.

Also before I keep going on this, I also going to be doing an SFR(Split-Frame Rendering)Flavors as well, I can now confirm SFR works, performance is about the same but very different here:

Going to cut it short, very long here.

To use under SFR mode:

Again, Under Sli Compatibility Bits (DX10+DX11) Bits:

0x0<<~~ MUST Set to the ones that doesn't Cause problems, Like Letter C or the Digit 8, Then:

0x00000<<~~ Must be set to the ones that Cause the Flickering Problem, Like: 1,3,4,5,6,7,9,B,C,D & E.

For AFR case, its the complete Opposite:

0x0<<~~ MUST be set that causes the issue to arise, again: 2,3,6,7,A,B,E & F.

0x00000<<~~ MUST be set the one that neutralizes the effects of Massive/Abnormal Flickering: 2,8 or A.

Now we ain't finished yet here, however that being said, before I continue:

THIS GAME IS NO WHERE BEING FINISHED, ABSOLUTELY FAIR WARNING, My focus is Still on Echo, Just wanted to see if I can change anything with this game since I haven't worked on it in months.

So next part that plays a MAJOR role and MUST be used:

SLI Broadcast Bits (DX1x):

0x0000000<<~~ I set it to 3, I haven't tried all others.

Now here comes the fun part:

If you start the game normally, I loaded my saved game right in the beginning in the RPD. Area, everything seems to be messed up, flashing,etc, but scaling seems great, but Like I said before, we ain't finished yet, Here's the interesting part and this is the part Where the Sli Broadcast bits plays a crucial role:

I found a way to neutralize Majority of the Massive Graphic Anomaly problems and flickering but the downfall is that when you go into a room, the new room appears to be flashing/massive graphic problems but soon as you head out, the main RPD. area seems to be flashing a bit, after awhile, it will go back to normal, the only time I see the main Area of RPD(soon as you enter the building), becomes bad from the other rooms is when you examine the items, then head out to the door, everything is messed up, I tried ALT+ENTER, back to the game = X, Changing my settings lowest to max = X, change resolution = X, everything else = X.

But upon loading the game, you can play in the area where its pretty much flicker free, Very very minimal flashing involved, here's how and this was discovered all on my own:

First: Get on the game, make sure the initial start up screen is in fullscreen, also if your doing 4k(2160p/2400p), make sure to also have your windows screen at that resolution as well.

Then while on the title screen, go under the graphic options, change it to borderless mode, then from there, click on continue game, load up your game, the moment you see the load % hit 90, Do ALT+ENTER to go back into fullscreen, If the timing is precise and correct, 99% of the graphic anomalies and flickering is now fixed, learned This from Bright Memory, again, This was discovered on my own and no one else.

Like I said, This game IS NO WHERE BEING DONE, so try this at your own risk.

I'll be working on this game later, so I wouldn't touch it till I do some long term testing with it.

And yes, just like Yakuza 2, Sekiro, Dragon Quest 11, there is scaling drag spots in this game, the gap between point a and point b doesn't seem to bad but when it hits, it hits HARD.

IF anyone is interested in the SLI Compatibility Bits (DX10+DX11) of the one I am using during this test, here it is BUT FIRST:

WARNING ABOUT VERY EXPERIMENTAL & EARLY BITS:

TESTED AND ONLY GUARANTEE TO WORK ONLY WITH THE NVIDIA GTX 970 FAMILY AND NOTHING ELSE, BE STRONGLY ADVISED ABOUT THIS BEFORE CONTINUING, THANK YOU, ALSO, ONLY TESTED ON WIN 10 X64(RS2/15063-1703), OTHER THEN THAT, AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Custom Bits are as follows:

FOR AFR:

0x280126F5

SFR FLAVORS:

0xC80116F5

For the SFR, make sure the rendering mode is set to SFR

The other one can be set to AUTOSELECT.

Oh speaking about Scaling drag spots, with drivers: Quadro 416.30, in Yakuza 2 = Same results as the ones I originally tuned with = no difference from both.

Just heads up on RE2, Drivers using: Modified Quadro Drivers: 416.30.

Thanks for reading, Back to Tuning Echo(NOT EASY).

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
  9. harry9x

harry9x Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI SLI
    @A M D BugBear Great progress bro.i want to tell you one thing that, No one is able to make Assassins Creed Origins SLI capable till now. I strongly believe you are the one who can do it.it will be a great success in the history of SLI if this game is made SLI capable by you.I know you have achieved SLI with no graphical glitches (flickering etc.) but scaling was not good and you said in your earlier post that you are going to tuning bits again.i want to ask you that will SLI be possible with good scaling without artifact? trust me btw your contribution is gonna make history slowly that I can say and if AC:O is made SLI capable which is impossible and almost given up task for everyone except you. you deserve the job at the NVIDIA SLI department bro. :D

10. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    When I originally started this in the beginning, I never really hard tuned the bits like I am now, before I just used the drop list and see which will work or not, Far's I am concern, that will no longer work for the most part, although some profile's may or may not kick in, if it does, I will tune it from there, but don't expect any sli profiles to work under 4 way, this I am very aware of, far's I am concern, Custom bits and discovering/learning things as you go is the best way for 4-way sli route.

Yes, 4-way scaling works excellent in AC: Origins but never could get rid of the flickering until now but like I said, in return, my scaling performance drop significantly and I did some changes within the SLI Broadcast bits to make it function more effectively but again this game is FAR from being done, I will later on though.

Yes I think its possible with AC: Origins because I re-tuned the bits once again and I was only on it for a very short time, so massive amounts of tuning will be needed but will work on it later.

Thanks for the reply BTW. I am basically in the break in point of this whole 4-way project, I am not even close of being average, although I have gained alot of invaluable information, to some people, some might even hold some of this info to themselves if they even discovered some of the stuff I discovered, but since we are all in this together, and since I loved computer's ever since the Good O'l Apple II/e, I think the community in general, whoever is interested or going to be looking into this, should be fully aware of what they are getting into.

harry9x likes this.

11. harry9x

harry9x Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI SLI
    Bro, what's your thought about THE DIVISION 2 ? at least 2-way SLI. THE DIVISION 2 is on your target? And for AC:O you can try 2 way SLI if 4 way is not possible. I m eagerly waiting for these two games to be SLIed.Thanks bro. take your time according to your schedule of games to be tested.no hurry.

I have tried AC:O with 980ti SLI (2-way) but as far as I am about to get into the game it crashes to desktop. I used 1.51 game version and AC syndicate profile.i have no knowledge playing around bits. all my hopes are on you.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
  12. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    I have tried the Division 1 long time ago, in the early stages of my 4-way project, Very unstable, I can get into the title screen, after that, crashes, have to do a hard reset, I don't know about now and current drivers, I will go back to it, yes, and yes I have looked into division 2.

Believe me, there is LOTS of games I want to tune, when I say lots, I say many more times over.

If you are interested or whoever is interested in a particular game want me to try out, I'll look into it, like before, 4-way sli tuning takes a great deal of time, depending on circumstances.

But yes, let me know what games and I'll look into it in the future.

harry9x likes this.
  13. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    ECHO - 4-WAY SLI - UPDATE - 11-1-19:

Making very small progress in chapter 1, scene 3(palace) area.

While tuning this area, I found some very interesting stuff.

Like before, facing foward, your scaling is cut down quite a bit, but when you view all the other sides, all fine but there might be a time where its not, to fix this, you need to go into the graphic settings and change your effect settings from ultra to off then back to ultra, moreover, to further help increase some performance loss after switching the effects settings, you MUST change the shadow settings to where it was then to off, what I normally do, if its set to medium right off the back, go up to ultra then to off.

Speaking about shadow's, in this area, shadows MUST be set to off to get the best overall scaling(ONLY implies when facing foward).

Also in this area, certain points of this place, even while facing forward, scaling will go to its peakest, at times, it will not, I am very hard at work currently working on this issue, and I haven't completely fixed it but I did some work around but there is still quite a bit of overall scaling power loss in certain parts of this section.

Certain things help me boost the fps while facing forward:

Under Extra 8 -

ASYNC_NVAPI_MODE: 0x00000002 ALLOW_NOBLOCKING_SLISTATE - Allow specific non-blocking optimizations for GetCurrentSliState NVAPI.

CULL_BEFORE_FETCH: 0x00000007 Always

PS_ASYNC_SHADER_SCHEDULER_FLAGS: 0x00000800 DISABLE_MULTI_APP_THREAD_HEURISTIC - Disable heuristic for detecting multiple app threads compiling shaders.

And the most interesting of them all and still trying to understand the abbreviations to this:

LARGE_VA(Still trying to understand what VA means)

And its set to: 0x00000002 Enable_LargeVA_Quadro - Enable large VA on Quadro GPUs.

LARGE_VA gave me a quite a bit better overall fps consistency throughout certain sections of this area, ONLY in certain situations and specific spots in the area.

For instance, when going foward in the dark hallway, when you come to this statue looking thing in the middle, when going around it, my fps goes down a bit, it doesn't keep its consistency as it should, now with LARGE_VA it does but the LARGE_VA_Quadro one worked better then the normal LARGE_VA setting, very very very very interesting setting here, I know I used it once before in several testing, it made the performance a lil worse.

Another thing helped boost very little performance in this area while facing foward:

Under Sli Specific Hack Bits (DX1x)

0x000000<<~~ This one, I set mine to 3 and also

0x00000000<<~~ Set to 5.

Another one I just used:

Under Sli Broadcast bits:

0x0<<~~ and its set to 1

Interestingly enough, this being an UE4 based game, I checked my custom profile that I tuned with Hellblade and DQ11, and both game had 0x1 attached to it and yes it gave me a slight boost in performance, I tried some other digits in this hex, 1 perform the best.

Still working in this area, not easy to deal with but that LARGE_VA setting has very very interesting results if need be.

This game is still currently:

UPDATE ON LARGE_VA SETTING:

Apparently this setting isn't working all the time when you play the game in this area, sometimes it works, sometime it does not, but the overall max fps in certain situation is increased while shadow is turned off in this area, in which it MUST be shut off for best overall scaling.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
  14. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Question, out of curiosity, have you tried your 980 gpu's on any of my profile??

Like before, I can only guarantee it to work only for nvidia gtx 970 family.

It may or may not work with the 980 at all, I don't own the cards so I don't know for sure.

I can tell you this: I had some 980ti profiles backed up, and tried it with 2 970's, guess what??? IT DOESN'T WORK...

15. harry9x

harry9x Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI SLI
    no, I haven't tried your profiles bro bcoz my PSU is under replacement for the last 15 days, unfortunately. it will be in my hand after 8-10 days. ya so waiting for the PSU to come then I will try out your profile n do some changes to it according to your guidance to get it to work with 980ti. btw after ECHO, which game are you gonna test? currently, I m eager to see AC:O SLI.

16. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Another game that Venturi wanted me to look into is vanishing of ethan carter, during this time, I'll look more into AC: Origins.

In the mean time, do yourself a favor if you have not yet, Please start from the beginning of this particular thread and read from page 1, if you could, thanks.

harry9x likes this.
  17. harry9x

harry9x Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI SLI
    thanks bro, I will look after all your pages of posts.. and keep us updated on AC:O SLI.

18. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    ECHO - 4-WAY SLI - UPDATE - 11/3/19:

Just heads up on certain things:

Just like Sekiro: Shadows die twice, upon loading up saved game, the fps doesn't remain the same, there is a gap between the absolute max and the fps where it usually stays at.

Most of my tuning is still in this particular area/scene, chapter 1, area 3, in the palace, where you use your shoulder lights, this place is not very easy to tune, not at all.

Trying to fix the scaling issues in this area, some instances is great, some is not to good, but I am making progress but not as fast as I hoped for, this is taking a great deal of time.

And like I said before, shadows MUST be turned off in this particular area to bring your scaling usage up.

So back about the fps loss during loading saved game, just like Sekiro, take for instance my fps is 98-99, about 6+ times over loading up the game from the beginning, I get 108(RARE).

Sometimes it may go inbetween but that's very rare.

So this issue is just like Sekiro, shaking my head here, ergh, not very easy to deal with.

Although I have increased some performance in this area, again, all of my focus now is to bring the scaling up to speed within this area as I already know 100% that chapter 1, area's 1 and 2 = EXCELLENT SCALING with no graphic anomalies.

This area is taking a great deal of time tuning, very very stubborn.

And just heads up, I don't know what kind of scaling reaction it will bring me once this area is done cause I have not passed this area yet, I been trying to bring the overall scaling potential up in this area so gonna take some time.

Please check back later as this game is still:

19. A M D BugBear

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    URGENT UPDATE ON DRIVERS UNDER 4-WAY SLI - 11-5-19:

Tested the New Quadro drivers today: Modified Quadro Drivers: 411.12

Very bad news here folks, Just like the 440.94(Both Quadro and Desktop Drivers), 4-Way function has roughly a 1/3 performance cut.

On the 441.12 drivers, games tested:

Yakuza Kimawi 2
    Rise of tomb raider
    Echo(Work in progress)
    RE2(Remake)
    Lords of Fallen

Scaling on all of these games are all = X

Also, There is HUGE, and I mean TONS of hitching/stuttering on these above mentioned games tested, like someone purposely put it there to make it totally unplayable.

Despite Yakuza 2 has same amount of MS(Frametime) as the drivers I worked on before, The hitching/stuttering = Absolutely unbearable...

I can now confirm from 440.97 drivers and this = DO NOT USE...

Something is very strange is going on here...

Also, just for kicks, I did the reversal technique that I used with RE2 remake that I use to make SFR to work, tried this method with Rise of tomb raider and scaling is the same.

I bet in my mind, probably someone who was viewing this particular thread, said uh oh, this guy is going to be trouble in the future so maybe we can cut the performance reduction quite a bit along with massive amounts of stuttering.

Don't know if this is the case, not pointing my fingers at anyone, but I wouldn't doubt that if someone talked to nvidia about this and they had to point counter-measures on future drivers that will not work.

So folks, as of now, Please use only the modified Quadro drivers from 416.30 to 431.94 ONLY...

All other drivers = DO NOT USE, unless I personally test them but if rise of tomb raider didn't kick in, I knew right in there something was going on here.

Again from 440.97 and up = DO NOT USE until further notice...

Thanks for reading.

UPDATE:

Just for kicks, I will personally test HITMAN: Absolution(Enhanced edition), which already scales 4-way right off the back with no tuning, but I will load up my inspector profile and load up the game, If I see the same thing, I know for a fact 110% that something is going on here and this game has EXCELLENT SCALING potential/power.

BRB on this game in a few.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    harry9x likes this.
  20. harry9x

harry9x Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI SLI
    @A M D BugBear i must say bro if you show nvidia a non sli (impossible to get it SLI) game, working as SLI as of now then they will be furious for sure...:mad::eek:;)

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019