Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Carfax, Apr 13, 2019.

1. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Looks like it's the kind of game you'd better play with a controller. I don't mind ! Hope they have some extra eye candy graphic options for PC.

2. I'm probably weird but I really love those light-speed transition effects. It's probably the first SW game that actually does it right :)

3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Hey if Origin HAD a forum you know it would be the same... xD

cerebus23 likes this.
  4. Something tells me EA would censor theirs way more

EDIT : not that I'm making a counter point - just adding to yours

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2019
    cerebus23 likes this.

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    [​IMG]

Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  6. lol - yeh I added an edit - that made me laugh hard

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2019
  7. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yeah, the Steam forums are a dumpster fire.

They are great for support if you're having issues with a game technically. But, as far as opinions... anything debatable... they are a pure dumpster fire.

Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  8. hah @ dumpster fire - been a while since I've used that one... dumpster fire... always nice to rip that one out of storage and toss it at a fresh target lmao'

9. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Compared to earlier footage, the launch trailer definitely looks better. And I noticed the protagonist's hair is now much higher resolution and also animated, where it wasn't before. Actually everything looks crisper in the trailer than before, when there was a vaseline filter.

So the launch trailer is likely running the PC version, or maybe the X1X.

10. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    This is an interesting development. While it seems that they have gone the Ubisoft/Rockstar way (where the game launches through both clients), it also can be speculated on WHY EA has returned to Steam. Sure, both companies must have reached some agreement, but why would EA return to Steam after, what, 7 years of Origin publishing only?

11. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I understand that EA wants the data from Steam like achivs, how much time played and so fort...but wouldn't it have been enough with Steam linked to EA? Then Steam could have sent the necessary data to EA and Origin wouldn't have been necessary to run in the background.

I bet Origin is just there to collect data.

12. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O

Not saying you're not right, but did you complain about uplay the same? Or Rockstar's launcher? Since that applies to every game out there of a company that does have a launcher by now, or am I wrong?
    (except CDPR games and GOG afaik, but they're the "good" or not as bad guys imho anyway)

I was merely referring to, they all are handling it that way... not that it's good that it's that way. I was just surprised at the surprise of our fellow guru here

Netherwind likes this.
  13. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    I think it wouldn't mater anyway. E.g. I have AC bought as steam key but after first run when it links to your uplay account, I no longer need to run steam and can just directly run it from uplay. Here I assume it will be the same.

As far as why EA made a return to Steam, I think it's probably quite expensive to develop and run their client just for their games, so they figured that having it also published on Steam is going to bring in more clients.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
    fantaskarsef likes this.
  14. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Well with steam and origin, isn't steam still needed to start the game? As in Hilbert mentioned it in his post about EA access coming to steam too (and even needing the games to be on steam too)?

Yes I too think they are testing the waters there, seeing how many more sales they can get via steam, even if their cut is smaller.

15. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    You are right of course but one would wish that a company like EA would take the first step towards better integration between platforms.

fantaskarsef likes this.

16. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Yes, you are right. But it's EA... what did people expect? It's a big surprise that they even came back to steam, let alone change their whole paradigm. That's my whole point... I would have expected EA to stay off steam indefinitely. To offer people to have those games bought via steam is already as much improvement as I can imagine them willing to go.

17. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    That's the thing, nobody expects anything from EA but crap :) And now they surprise us all, smart move. They want to "stir the pot" and now everyone is talking about it. Of course this is well timed with the Jedi game release. Smells like they're going on a "goodwill crusade" :)

PS. Thanks for the 1000th like ;)

cerebus23 and fantaskarsef like this.
  18. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Yeah I too think it's more a marketing gag than anything else. I honestly couldn't be bothered, since as long as games require origin, I'll just buy them on origin anyway (or keys for the platform), same with uplay. GTA6 will be another one of those points when we'll maybe have to take such a decision.

And... you are very welcome my friend :)

cerebus23 and Netherwind like this.
  19. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Best solution would be that the publisher launchers (like Origin, Uplay and so on) would only require a link to the platform where the game is played (no matter if it's Steam, GoG or EGS) and therefore rendering the publisher launcher unnecessary for playing the game.

:)

fantaskarsef likes this.
  20. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Absolutely true. Then again, they could have saved themselves the money they put into the game launchers in the first place, since they actually only wanted to undercut steam tax (fares). Or at least that's the most logical reason I came up with in regards to their idea to make their own launcher (which, at least as far as I'm aware, always had their own storefront too) in the first place.

Netherwind likes this.