EA might be coming back to Steam

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 28, 2019.

1. GameHaven66

GameHaven66 Guest

GPU:
    AMD RX 580 8GB
    I hope this doesn't mean they are killing Origin

2. Thunk_It

Thunk_It Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080ti Turbo
    Thanks Hilbert for posting this article. I personally hope this will happen; it should help me to consolidate some drive space.

3. This, is something I am surprisingly indifferent towards. Probably since EA is fickle.

rl66 likes this.
  4. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    Even if so... they will transfer licence to GOG (wich work already with them) and Steam... so you don't have to stress :)

GameHaven66 likes this.

5. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    The main problem with EA is not that they buy studio, every company do the same, it is not that they fire some people (i mean "thank for everything, really...") as again, it is normal when you merge a studio with a big company...
    The main issue is that they change the creativity of the studio to their own vision, so the main creatives go to see if the grass is more green in another company and EA have plenty of studio that do the same thing (exemple: Dice that is dead for me).
    They have changed that point recentely, and so right now you can't see the result...
    And when you see in 2019 they ask in a survey if you would play at BF Heroes if they remade the game... you know that they are searching at what point they get wrong.
    It is good to learn from fail.

6. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Blame marketing. Marketing is a female dominated industry, with approximately 84% of people working in marketing being female.

This means: 84% of advertising that has women in the photograph like this one

[​IMG]

were actually endorsed and decided by this individual... and others like her.

Which in-turn, makes these individuals, look pretty stoopid :)

I had to get that out there guys, because I have to sit through this junk every day, with people making insane claims for the rights of women, when, it was actually women who made the decisions to begin with!

Just...lol

angelgraves13 likes this.
  7. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
  8. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Thunk_It likes this.
  9. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Yup, it's confirmed. I must say, I'm very positively surprised by this. First Bethesda, and now EA (who are ofc waaay bigger) making the move back, this will surely piss off "somebody".

As a consumer, I'm glad to have the option again, as sadly, Origin has stagnated a lot, even though it launched so long ago, it still lacks in many departments.

And this is precisely why Steam is so good, they mastered and kept on improving their platform to a point where it's VERY hard to get even close to it. I doubt Origin will go away, but I also think that with this move, EA will likely keep it the way it is (aka they won't make many improvements) and invest their money in other places (like actually good games, for a change, hopefully).

10. Reardan

Reardan Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080
    What an odd post. Bizarre.

Angantyr and scatman839 like this.

11. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Why? You still need origin to play it...

12. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    Did you miss the part where you still need Origin to play it? This is more of a PR move than anything else.

fantaskarsef and GameHaven66 like this.
  13. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I hope the ones who said they won't buy another game from EA, will stay true to their word and not cave to temptation.

14. phatbx133

phatbx133 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1050ti 4GB
    First EA game to release on Steam ?

[​IMG]

15. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -

16. Thunk_It

Thunk_It Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080ti Turbo
    This is exactly what I was hoping for; I can cancel my pre-order of Jedi Fallen Order on Origin and get the game on Steam...I'm quite pleased with this. The drive I dedicate to Origin is fairly small, but my Steam game drive is satisfactorily large.

angelgraves13 likes this.
  17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    It has been a while.

[​IMG]

fantaskarsef likes this.
  18. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    I seem to be having to explain this alot these last few weeks - I was replying to what someone else said, and appologised for the detraction....

19. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Yeah.... I 'member.

20. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Yeah... EA was like hey everyone that bought Battlefield Bad Company 2 on Steam we will let you activate your Steam copy of Battlefield Bad Company 2 on our new EA Download Manager now renamed Origin it's super good now guiz you will love it.

I then spent every moment of using it wishing I just didn't have to use it..... I've sent so many negative feedback messages over the years when it asked how I felt about Origin and if I would recommend it to others.

fantaskarsef likes this.