Death Stranding

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 14, 2016.

1. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    Well obviously I was poking a bit of fun by saying an hour, but I've beaten it enough times to know it's barely over that if anything haha. Unsure if it's more or less actual game than MGS4 if you know your way around...

2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    MGS4 was longer not by much imo, but all the MGS games can be beaten with in a few hours IF you know what you doing. I liked the games I was more into the story then actual gameplay. actual I think MGS TPP is only MGS game I really play crap out of even after I finished it. That and snake was based on snake plisken :p

as for Death Stranding, I have no clue what the game is trying to be but I wont be getting any time soon. Graphically it looks nice, but from the gameplay i saw I as like what is this? It guaranteed to be kojima mind frack though if some one can follow and understand what is going on and happen they are better then most, most people i that follow kojima game and MGS in general are j ust as confused as me when it comes to kojima stories.

Hell my best friend who isnt even into games, preorder the game simple cause Norman Reedus is in the game, she dont care it kojima game or what it even about, and she was trying to ask me what it was about and I was like you know more then me. I might like kojima game but that is where it ends I was more intrested by the fact Mads Mikkelsen was in the game , but like said it is guaranteed to be a kojima mind frack cause you anit gona be able to follow the story like most everything else he done. which the game I do have from i keep playing over and over just fiqure out the stories.

I lost count how many time I played all the MGS games we talking dozen upon dozens of times and I still dont understand most the plot and twists and countless of twist and turns in those games

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  3. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Havel and KissSh0t like this.
  4. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Delivery Man Simulator.

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    And yet i was confident it would release only on consoles.

6. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    That's the feeling I get, but I feel like it's more than that. Kojima is not that bland, I hope not LOL

7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
  8. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    No it was in the console section, as soon as we get conformations , ill merge threads. meaning now lol

ontopic, i still do not know what this game is about , postman simulator or something more to it :p

anxious_f0x likes this.
  9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    It was most definitely originally in PC Gaming section, I was commenting in the the Death Stranding thread and then all of a sudden it disappeared, I do not comment in Console Gaming section.

I see you have put it back in the PC section where it was originally, good stuff :>

*edit*

Looking back through thread to make sure my memory isn't broken I found my comment from 2017.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
    WhiteLightning likes this.
  10. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Yes! Thanks for your reports btw, i think it makes threads better this way!

KissSh0t likes this.

11. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Postman Pat: The Game :p

12. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    LMAO! But with NEXT GEN graphics /s

13. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Wonder if it’ll end up being an Epic Games Store exclusive when it comes to PC, at least we can get an idea on if it’s worth playing with it releasing on console first.

14. Rafnagud

Rafnagud Master Guru

GPU:
    INNO3D RTX 4080
    Great news as long it's not Epic Games only...

cerebus23 likes this.
  15. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    well i intrigued to see what bat crap insane stuff he cooks up this time, think he wanted to break out from metal gear and do other stuff and now we getting it.

and you could watch all the trailers and have little clue wth u watching still gg. never change kojima.

16. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I'm pretty sure I remember Hideo Kojima posting on twitter that he went to Valve headquarters.

anxious_f0x likes this.
  17. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Not trying to be super negative or anything...
    But, outside of Kojima being behind this... what is the actual draw of it?

Just curious. I have friends who won't shut up about it, but when I ask why they are so excited... all they can say is "It's Kojima"... like that's some word of god quantifying description of quality.
    Sorry, but I've always found him ungodly overrated. And the "gameplay" footage shown for Death Stranding looks so damn boring and lackluster.

18. You know what excites me about this? We will finally see Decima engine running on PC platform for the first time!

anxious_f0x likes this.
  19. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    It being a "Hideo Kojima" video game is legitimately the draw, and for someone who is outside of that "head-space" I guess you would call it, I can see it being odd for it to be a popular thing. It's hard to explain, I would say a Hideo Kojima video game is good stories, memorable characters, funny moments, Hideo Kojima'esq silliness and jokes... and for that last part I guess only those that know will know.

Only 11 days to go.... for PS4 9__9

MerolaC likes this.
  20. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Personally, I've played a lot of his games... and I don't see it.
    It may be a "horrible" thing to say, but I honestly don't like the MGS series. I dislike the bloated cutscenes, obnoxious writing and characters.

And I hated MGS V's empty open world and recycled missions.

Also, I really don't like when people try to hype something while trying to be overly cryptic. Which, is the majority of what he's done with Death Stranding.
    I mean, me thinking it's over-hyped isn't going to mean anything. It'll still sell like crazy, and not trying to be a jerk, regardless of the end quality... will probably be praised to hell and back. "Kojima's first game since the Konami drama... and it's glorious!!"...
    The only thing he ever worked on that caught my eye, was Silent Hills. And that... was not because of him. But, the core series, and Guillermo Del Toro.