Call of Duty Modern Warfare

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 30, 2019.

1. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Sorry for OT but yeah... hits the nail on the head!

2. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Damn even the lobbies I join in this game are more calm than this :p

GameHaven66 and Shataan like this.
  3. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700(non-xt)
    I might as well post my review here.

Pro's:

Campaign was a good length for me on the first playthrough. I did it in about 6 hours.

They actually made the game challenging on Regular difficulty. Seriously when you're close enough to an AI with a shotgun it's insta death. You don't feel like you're a complete super human in this game or feel the need to turn the difficulty up.

Not as scripted and filled with set-pieces trying to wow me.

I didn't cringe for a single moment. The Battlefield campaigns make me cringe all the time trying too hard to be cinematic and the stories and script are just plain crap

Crossplay, there will be no shortage of people in the next couple years. As soon I get good again people with controllers are gonna be leaving lobbies.

Ground War 32vs32 game mode

Cons:

Still scripted, too many pointless incredibly simple quick time events. Cutscenes didn't bother me because most of them were before and after a level. The game stopped me a few times to fall off a ledge or fall through a collapsing floor. At least it happened right when I expected it to happen.

The stealth sections are procreating terrible.
    Like when you're Farah when she was child and you're trying kill the two russian soldiers with the revolver. There's literally no time to go and hide after you shoot and kill one of them. When you make a stealth game or a game with a stealth section there needs to be some kind of indicator as to when the enemy is going to see you. But then again I wish CoD and BF would stop doing this because they're really bad at it anyway.

Graphics are terrible. Battlefield 4 has better graphics and they're supposed to be using a new engine with new tech. I believed the lies.

Game still doesn't have mod tools and a dedicated server browser.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
    fantaskarsef likes this.
  4. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    Most negetive reviews is because political in game. Bs reviews

5. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    Just restarting the Campaign on the Realism setting. This..... is going to be a challenge. ;p

GameHaven66 and Reclusive781 like this.
  6. GameHaven66

GameHaven66 Guest

GPU:
    AMD RX 580 8GB
    Good luck!

7. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
  8. GarrettL

GarrettL Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4070 TI
    I would be interested to hear opinions of the dreaded BF to CoD comparison.

I know they are different games, have been playing both since first release.

Always liked the way CoD titles feel, usually very fluid game mechanics. But CoD at times is on smaller maps for run and gun play style. The BF series is more open with the larger maps but the game mechanics are not always as fluid, say BFV for example.

One game is not better than the other. I know some people get emotionally aattched to one or the other. I just like a good FPS.

But for BF and CoD fans, how would you compare this release CoD to BFV? The last two BF releases had a very different feel, and I didn't care for them as much as previous BF titles. I haven't played the last few releases of CoD.

9. Reclusive781

GPU:
    RX 6700(non-xt)

Well, they kept out most of the woke politics and didn't rewrite history in any mission to fit a political agenda so CoD wins.

10. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    I did play it, it s a very generic campaign with on rails small designed setting on every mission, the only good thing about it is:
    The gunplay
    The graphics
    The rifle sounds

11. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    COD has one thing on BF... weapon customization... it is really good and engaging in COD, where as it is non-existant in BF. But that's it.

Other than that, i rate BF as better in every other way... from actually using dedicated servers (peer hosted, really activision?!?!?!) - actual bullet ballistics and not just lame hitscan - not having absurd kill times - having much better performance (especially considering the visuals) - not just retarded close quarters combat where you feel like you are fighting in a closet, with people firing at you through 50 holes you can't see - not having killstreaks, giving people already owning worse players an even bigger advantage.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
    GarrettL likes this.
  12. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    So found another issue with COD. This one is more serious I would say.

VRAM usage is high in game. Often at 1440p I get Dev error 606X, which usually the last number is never the same but looking up results it's running out of vram. The game is detailed, but it should not run out of memory at 1440p with 8gb of vram. Only solution I have found is turning down the texture settings, but even then this only delays the error coming back. This also looks to be an AMD specific thing from the COD forums.

Hopefully whatever is causing the issue is fixed by AMD or IW.

13. Reclusive781

GPU:
    RX 6700(non-xt)
    I'm done playing 10v10.

Is it a religion for console players to camp 24/7?

Moving around and then waiting for somebody to come around a corner because you hear them on your headsets is camping.

I went 2-12 on Arklov Peak one round. That was bullshit. 90% of deaths were from people camping in windows and behind something. It got to the point where I felt I wasn't even able to do anything. Also they only bothered to capture two points and camp B the entire time. No moves to capture the last point.

Also, none of them procreating use the flanks around the damn map. I went around the entire map and killed 6 six people before somebody snuck up on me.

I joined a lobby with PC only people it was like night and day.

14. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    They camp cause they know they will die instantly if they move.

The issue is way too fast time to kill, and way too complex map design, making it very hard to know where potential threats could be, and spot them.

15. GameHaven66

GameHaven66 Guest

GPU:
    AMD RX 580 8GB
    I was thinking since we are all playing MW i think our clantag should be Gur3D so we can easily find out that we are from the Guru3D Forums

16. jmmy23

jmmy23 Master Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090 Palit
    Why pleaseee why ..update 7.5gb nooooooooooo :(:confused:

GameHaven66 likes this.
  17. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    Has anybody noticed that the GPU runs 10-15 degrees hotter in lobby than in the game or is it just me?Its like the lobby is more graphicly intense than the game.lol

18. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

The game literally changes history, It takes the highway of death from real life, and blames the Russians. When it was the US that bombed the crap out of the highway.

Undying and DocStrangelove like this.
  19. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti

Yeah gonna pump the brakes on this conversation early. Not too much of a great idea to get the politics started.

GameHaven66 and Party Poison like this.
  20. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

Oh absolutely, Wasn't looking to debate it lol was just saying.

Apologies.

GameHaven66 likes this.