Looking for Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080Ti Xtreme bios

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by gpvecchi, Oct 19, 2019.

1. gpvecchi

gpvecchi Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus GTX 1080Ti Xtreme
    Hi, I'm looking for a particular bios, 86.02.39.40.5E in DVI version, may someone please have it to share?
    Thanks and regards!

2. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    Techpowerup?

3. insp1re2600 likes this.
  4. gpvecchi

gpvecchi Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus GTX 1080Ti Xtreme

5. It's there; if you check the older ones; go back further - you'll find "DVI" listed on those revisions, for your card - They're listed "1 DVI - 1 HDMI - 3 DP". The ones under XX.XX.XX.XX.5E are exactly your card. Whomever submitted them/TPU just listed the ports incorrectly as Gigabyte manufactured the cards (1 DVI-D 2 HDMI & 3 DP). Check below.

Hope that helps

Post-Edit:
    Gigabyte only ever made 3 versions of the "Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme" video card
    • AORUS GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce Xtreme Edition 11G (rev. 1.0/1.1)
    • AORUS GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition 11G
    • AORUS GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme Edition 11G
    Gigabyte Global Website - Compare each gpu

All 3 of which - (two HDMI port) (3 Display-Ports) and one DVI-D (which ate HDMI-2 if in use apparently? or vice-versa). I think regarding the use of the ports gets into VR-link which for me opens a can of worms that's a whole other subject over my head.
    AORUS GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce Xtreme Edition 11G (rev. 1.0/1.1)
    [​IMG]
    AORUS GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition 11G
    [​IMG]
    AORUS GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme Edition 11G
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2019
    insp1re2600 likes this.
  6. gpvecchi

gpvecchi Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus GTX 1080Ti Xtreme
    I try to explain, as you'll probably don't know this card: 86.02.39.40.5E is the bios for the air cooled 1080Ti Xtreme, the water cooled cards differ for latest number and for PID value. The only 86.02.39.40.5E bioses listed on Techpowerup are HDMI bioses. The card uses this bios if a HDMI or Diplayport monitor is connected. If you connect a DVI monitor card uses another bios, so to fully flash the card, you need two different versions of the bios and 2 different monitors. The DVI bios is not on Techpowerup. If you read the description of the bioses, they are marked as H versions, I need the D version (available in other bios numbers). Same to dump it, you need a card connected to a DVI monitor.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  7. Dual BIOS? Makes sense; found this:
    " Gigabyte is including a vast array of monitor outputs: 1x DVI, 3x DisplayPort, and 3x HDMI. These outputs are more than the NVIDIA GPU can support, so Gigabyte lets you switch between DVI and two additional HDMI ports (one HDMI is always active). An automated switching mechanism handles everything, but requires a reboot; during startup, the connected monitors are checked and the appropriate BIOS is selected. This could also serve as remedy during a failed BIOS flash - connect a different monitor to make the card select the second BIOS, so you can at least use the system. Flashing back isn't possible, though, because I'm not aware of any way to switch the BIOS before initiating the flashing process while the system is running." source

What I found on TPU:
    • 86.02.39.00.50 - DVI-D AORUS Xtreme Edition GTX 1080 Ti F3 BIOS (TDP of 300W with a 25% power limit slider for a MAX TDP of 375W) If you flash to source BIOS on your DVI-D side you could just run the updater tool on the DVI side to bring it back to latest rev.
    NVIDIA Source BIOS Version: 86.02.39.00.50 is F3 (which would appear to be the correct source for you)

NVIDIA Source BIOS Version: 86.02.39.00.9E is F4

EDIT: I'm done - that's all I've got, good luck stranger' P.S. "1 DVI 3 DP 1 HDMI" like I wrote in my 2nd post" - just listed rather unusually by TPU.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2019
  8. Hyderz

Hyderz Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    post it on the forum at techpowerup pretty sure some1 can assist you there

9. It's right there in post #7 right above your message @Hyderz

@gpvecchi Simply click on the blue numbers "86.02.39.00.50" and you'll find the BIOS you are looking for.

10. gpvecchi

gpvecchi Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus GTX 1080Ti Xtreme
    Come on, guy, please read at least the first post... Anyway, thanks everybody for the effort, I'll keep on with my chase!

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    if its not on tpu, it doesn't exist.

12. I did and please read mine, no offense intended.This copy of **** 86.02.39.00.50 **** is the initial Nvidia source BIOS (DVI-D version) that Gigabyte applied for all Aorus GTX 1080ti Xtremes when they first shipped (fan-cooled). If you flash it (I don't know why you'd want to how what the circumstances etc) irregardless the point is. It is compatible. 86.02.39.40.5E is simply a newer **revision**.

If you want 86.02.39.40.5E back and can't find it anywhere online flash 86.02.39.00.50 - then run Gigabytes VGA bios update tool - done'

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2019
    Astyanax likes this.
  13. And for goodness sake I'm here spending time out of my day getting all of this for you and you don't even read the posts I prepared for you with the information. Neatly arranged for you in nice easy to understand points... You obviously came back; read one comment out of context - saw it wasn't the exact thing you wanted. Why the frack would I be responding to you wasting my time if I am not reading your posts and attempting to resolve this you dork? Do you read anything you write? You got a strange way of asking and receiving help from people.

:mad::mad::mad::mad:
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2019
    insp1re2600 likes this.
  14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    I had this same crap from someone not long ago when they requested a bios without the UEFI firmware update applied.

They were adamant the bios wasn't for their card because its version was used on a different model of card =_='

Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  15. *sigh* *cryin* haha man I need to go... stretch or something haha I feel like RDJ in that .gif lol' yeah'

Sometimes ya win some - sometimes ya lose some' xD (the struggle carries on - :cool:) :D

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    The laughable bit was they were using the same founders card as i was, EVGA only did a limited run of the reference cards with reference/nvidia device id before switching to their own so i knew for a fact my bios would apply and work on his card XD

Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  17. :rolleyes: I wondered after reading the owner's thread over at overclocker's . net or however it's spelt but... I was like ehhh that'll be a can of worms if I open that...

EDIT: I was really struggling to stick to a "vanilla" solution for that guy