Geforce Game Ready Driver 440.97 - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Astyanax, Oct 22, 2019.

1. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    What display do you have? Does it have any settings to adjust the power savings?

2. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Thank you for your kind words. But honestly I appreciate the end users for all of the feedback. Especially when users go out of the way to provide feedback on the day a driver is released.

Blackfyre, toyo and AuerX like this.
  3. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Can't do much without details. In game graphics settings used/NVIDIA Control Panel settings used/GPU/OS/etc.

4. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Are you using a single monitor or dual monitors? If single monitor, is your desktop refresh rate matching your in game refresh rate?

5. ScottishPickle

ScottishPickle Member

GPU:
    8gb DDR3 1666
    Yeah I can read dude.

6. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    I wanted to give a little bit more context. So it turns out there was a bug in the previous driver branch where this setting was available in the NVIDIA Control Panel for MSHybrid notebooks even though it was not supported at the time. This was corrected in yesterdays driver and so this is why some users are mentioning the feature has been remove. This feature is still planned for MSHybrid notebooks in a future driver update.

7. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Yes. Redemption requires the user to install the graphics card that is part of the promotion in their PC to verify ownership. Sorry for the inconvenience but there are way too many online cd key resellers out there that sell stolen/unauthorized keys so we need to include some checks into the system.

smashmambo likes this.
  8. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Can you fill out the driver feedback form below please so we can look into this?
    https://forms.gle/kJ9Bqcaicvjb82SdA

9. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Sorry I cannot. Definitely not next driver though.

10. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Samsung 4k TV (KU407000), all power saving settings off. The sound delay issue has always occurred whenever I install a new NV driver which by default enables power saving modes in Nvidias driver branch in the registry. This was easily reversed with a reg tweak disabling the power saving modes, but it no longer works with Win 10 1909. When plugging HDMI audio from Intel IGP to AV receiver, no audio issues whatsoever.

I have now found the cause of the issue and Nvidia HDMI audio is working fine in 1909. It appears there is an additional reg key that contains more power saving settings (see below). When these are disabled, problem solved.
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e96c-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0001\PowerSettings]
    "ConservationIdleTime"=hex:04,00,00,00
    "IdlePowerState"=hex:03,00,00,00
    "PerformanceIdleTime"=hex:04,00,00,00

Setting these values to 00 disables the idle power states. The previous reg tweak involved the \0000\ reg key in same branch in registry, which has same power idle modes. Disabled those too and all is fine now.

I've seen this issue discussed before in Nvidia forums and it probably involves 4k TVs more than monitors. Anyway, all is good and much thanks.

Astyanax likes this.

11. DxVinxGado

DxVinxGado Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090 Ti
    @ManuelG-Please explain to me why The Outer Worlds SLI profile is Turing only. After going SLI the past 3 builds while also dealing with diminishing support from devs, this makes no sense.

12. Ancymon

Ancymon Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070
  13. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    Tried this driver yesterday and initially liked it. Was still on 431.36 and this driver appeared to perform the same plus as added bonus being new with several fixes.
    But I tripped on the low latency feature. First all seemed to run smooth, but when goin online in bfv I immidiately found all other players got server updates faster, thus I was too late in almost every instance.
    Set it at ultra for low latency and that did make it better or more responsive. But inconsistent. One minute I was right on everything, the other I seemed to run behind everything that happened.
    Eventually I went back to 431.36 and at least it's consistent again, giving a better gaming experience.
    I don't know why there seems to be a difference between my old driver and the latest with low latency off.
    Forcing everything to ultra just doesn't feel right and give lower benchmarks too.

14. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    Apparently not.

15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I've just played a 3hr Destiny2 marathon and it runs great with this r440, much better then almost any 43x.xx driver so far. Keeping it atm.

Astyanax likes this.

16. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090
    I'm going to guess that's because it's tailored to work with the new nvlink format instead of the traditional sli format.

17. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    I gave it a try today with a GeForce GTX 1070 and I was not able to reproduce this. Started just fine.

18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

This is an mshybrid notebook

19. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I'm using one Acer X34A monitor at 95Hz (it won't go up to 100 unfortunately).
    There are three video settings, "Windowed", "Desktop" and "3440x1440@95". The stutter occurs on all three modes.

20. Driller_au

Driller_au Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Airo
    Just tested this on my system and WoT 64 bit runs ok