Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Trailer

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    "4k 60fps" yeah right! as if! We all know no PC is capable of a consistent 60fps @ 4k

GTA 5 PC wasn't a port dude.

2. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    My understanding is that the Rockstar Launcher has taken the place of the Social Club. I think it will be required no matter where you buy the game.

Cave Waverider likes this.
  3. Berke53

Berke53 Active Member

GPU:
    2x ASUS GTX 1080 Strix OC
    Is there any news on whether sli/mgpu is supported? There is a guy on ign forum that claims to have confirmation but i cant seem to find any real credible source.

4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Where did you get that from ? I have both installed, and im using GTA5 from Rockstar warehouse

5. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    For example, some Ubisoft games require the Uplay launcher to start the game while playing on Steam, I'm worried it might be the same thing here. Also I read that an update for GTAV suddenly required the Rockstar Launcher.
    Regarding Social Club, wasn't it replaced by Rockstar Launcher?

6. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    I don't care if all my game clients need to open up to do it, I really want to play RDR2.

Maddness and airbud7 like this.
  7. kieron fleming

kieron fleming Member

GPU:
    gtx 1080ti
    Can’t wait for this I’d like to know what they were using to get 60fps 4K must be a 2080ti.

I wonder how a 1080ti with perform.

also I don’t understand why people are so hung up on steam they rip developers off and push the price of games up time to stop supporting them.

it’s 2019 your computer can afford to have multiple game launchers I honestly don’t see the big deal they only launch when you start the game why every one cry about this ???

we have literally have gigs upon gigs to spare a launcher takes what like 100mb ?

8. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Yes, thank you Rockstar Games, for making us wait for your 12 month console exclusivity deal to end and now another month for Epic Games to get their cut.

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Yes and no.

The social api is now a background service and the gui is gone.

Prior to the launcher release, the Social Club was modified to be a service/ingame only gui, it no longer pops up at launch, the rockstar launcher replaces the GTA launcher.

10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Indeed and yet people suck up to them while they dont give a crap about pc gamers.

11. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Fixed that for you.

Solfaur likes this.
  12. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    It was not ?! What was it then ? First came out to ps3 and 360 ....then xbone then ps4 then pc, sure they reworked a lot of the code and added higher resolution textures actually spend time to make mouse keyboard support good instead of just telling you to buy a controller , still why is not a port ? Porting a game to a platform does not mean it is a bad thing at all.

13. Hypernaut

Hypernaut Master Guru

GPU:
    5700XT Red Devil
    The multiplayer will suck as they monetise everything like vultures. I do hope the 5M crew can do something with this. I'll probably wait a year or so before buying it anyway.

14. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Ok so, i think GTA 5 on PC is pretty amazing, Great visuals with decent performance for those visuals.

But i gotta ask: What does "port" mean to you?

The game came out on PS3 and Xbox 360 2013

Then it was ported over and had effectively a "remaster" when it came out for the PS4 and Xbox one in 2014, i say remaster, since it wasn't simply released on these systems with no changes to them other then resolution.

Now finally, it came out on PC in 2015, with everything the PS4 and xbox one had changed, plus more for the PC

So how is that not a port?

To me, if you're saying it's not a port, that would mean that for the PC they scrapped the whole game and made it brand new for the PC, no re-used code, etc. and magically made the game look and feel and play exactly how the console ones were which were released first, except better overall.

So.........?

Yeah...no, unless this is a joke, you're simply wrong. Play all games at 4K 60FPS with highest detail? That might be true but that's not what you said, and not everyone needs to have it at the highest detail, they just want 4K 60FPS

15. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    I actually do not like one specific aspect of the graphics, and that is the 'shinyness' of the graphics.

All the polygons surfaces have a shiny whiteness to them, as well as large areas of the ground. You can clearly see this in the video and when you play it on consoles currently. It just looks dreadful and is a problem in real-time computer graphics right now, as they (mostly) are using the BDRF/Disney rendering technique.

Resolution and animation are top-notch, and the (high-end) lighting appears to be on par with consoles, yet, this glossy, almost 'waxed' taint to the graphics is hard to stomach.

I say this in part as I have been playing RDR2 on PS4 (Pro) for nearly a year, and, my comparison is what I have been playing for the last week or so: Horizon Zero Dawn.

When I have finished the game, I am going to gush over HZD and its utterly staggering graphics rendering quite a bit, because I am finding it to be the best graphics I have ever seen in a computer game in my life. No white surfaces anywhere.

So, graphically, this game gets a minus from me in the rendering department because HZD has basically ruined it and all others to follow in the 'smack-you-gob-amazing' department. As for everything else...well...it's Rockstar and it is polished gameplay, but, I haven't even finished it on PS4 yet - because I have found it a little bit too repetitive and (I personally think) a little too easy with all the slowing down of time and stuff.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019

16. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    I'm not simply wrong. It's a well known fact 4k 60fps on modern titles is still out of reach. On lowest detail ? Maybe...but who wants to play like that? And yes I meant on highest detail. I'd rather play at 1080 or 1440 with highest detail than 4k with crappy looking graphics. For now it's nothing more than bragging rights

As for GTA5, being a port, it's not. Games are developed on PC. A port means it was simply transfered to PC from console, with adjustments to make it work. Why do you think it took 3 yrs for GTA 5 to arrive on PC? That's right, because it's not a port.

17. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    QFT and in big print for those that do not understand how games are made.

Everything, and I mean everything is developed on a PC first and foremost - as for Rockstar Games, their own bespoke game engine is RAGE, (Rockstar Advanced Game Engine) and it has the backing of two multi-billion $ companies behind it.

theoneofgod likes this.
  18. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    a) Ahmm you think they plug a keyboard on a ps4 and start developing a game ?? or better yet with a controller !
    b) Why they took 3 years to bring it to pc ? Isn't it obvious ? there are people outside that brought the game 3 times !!
    xbox 360 and ps3 ....they grab a track load or ...two or three trucks of money from people that are fans of the game and no way they will wait a year plus for the next generation , then they brought it again on ps4 and xbone because of the big upgrade on framerate and graphics etc and then when they where sure they sold the bulk on the consoles they released it on pc to have a 3rd release of the same game .... a huge portion of the revenue on AAA games comes from pre-orders and the first month of sales then they die down ..... a lot .....and they did that 3 times ..... imagine now if they had released ps4/xbone/pc all at once a lot of the people would have chose one or the other not both

19. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    I also think there is more than enough reason for them to release GTAV on PS5 and XboxScarlett (w/e its gonna be called) - AND for them to release RDR2 also.

They have made more money than f**king Star Wars with GTAV, and RDR2 is catching up - just need sharkcards to do it, but it's on the way as we all know and have seen. I would go even as far as to say that if they do NOT put GTAV on the next hardware, they are stoopid.

GTAV has the chance to be the first game launched on 3 seperate generations of hardware ever, and to topple Disney in terms of entertainment revenue during the same period of time.

"...Can't stop the signal, Mal..."

20. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    don't get me wrong i do not say they do something wrong if anything from the buisness stand point they did the best move possible to maximise proffits ...and i can see gta 5 on next gen too ... i mean it is still making em so much money ... considering the navi + zen 2 on the next consoles most likely they can choose optimal settings from the pc version to achieve the target frame rate ... and just port it there with very little effort so cost wise there is no reason not too do that ... plust while they milk the cow the single player of both gta V and RDR2 is top notch