Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Carfax, Apr 13, 2019.

1. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    best guess on lightsabers is they plasma so a cool plasma would be several 1000 degrees. just having the thing near you would be searing hot and would require a hefty field magnetic or something along those lines to shape and contain the blade and the heat power of the sword.

it also would be darn near weightless, so odds are you would stab or poke like a rapier extending your reach and would be lopping off limbs etc less it was handy. wo weight forward swinging something is awkward and with weight holding something out is tiring, so a lightsaber would be an ideal rapier all the weight would be in the handle and the blade would be nil.

but we cant even have bloodless limbs (because cauterization) coming off because disney and we want children buying our star wars stuff even when lucas was targeting kids and he cut off more than a few limbs. modern society makes me weep.

2. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    I'm confident enough in what I'm seeing to preorder the game. This game has been a long time coming; a SINGLE PLAYER Star Wars themed game that is reminiscent of Jedi Knight II Outcast! :cool:

It's too bad the main protagonist can't get darkside powers like Kyle Katarn could though. I really miss using force lightning on defenseless storm troopers :D

Here's another preview video from Easy Allies, much longer and more varied than what IGN uploaded:

3. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
  4. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Pretty much the only game left this year I'm interested in.

5. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    QFT!

Loobyluggs likes this.
  6. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070

The films don't even conform to their own logic with light sabers.

Episode 4... cuts off an arm, blood all over the floor.
    Following films, cauterizes the wound... no blood. And yet, with all of Lucas' "fixes" and updates... he never changes that to be in line with the other films.

The entire series, films, books, cartoons... it all contradicts itself and it's own logic.
    But, you could just... sit back, enjoy it for what it is. But, I forget... it's Star Wars, and this is the internet. So it has to be on a pedestal, and the tiniest details need to be scrutinized.

jbscotchman likes this.
  7. That would be a challenging game to make indeed... even KOTOR was constrained to some point (with lightsabers) I like your point; you're suggesting - and fairly so - a game that would faithfully represent lightsabers. If someone developed game-mechanics that actually had lasting game play hours around those concepts - how & why are beyond me (I have some ideas) but that'd be awesome...

Lol I know right? I just thought of it more as a challenge to a unique gameplay approach in the sense of how "Shadow of the Colossus" was unique and different if you get me... while yeah I agree it's fantasy anything goes. Still, in the films I think there are some laws built around them to an extent - only certain things seem to ever stop or slow down a lightsaber.

8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Lightsaber strikes dont have to kill enemy in one shot or hack off limbs with each hit, but upon death there should dismemberment and there isnt even that in this last i looked. this is the one thing that peeves me off the most about recent starwars games that have lightsabers, none them do it or it super rare, or the games the dont have emphasis on lightsabers do it, but the ones that do feature lightsabers dont.

JK games didnt it granted it was cheat code to enable it but still did it, i dont even remember if Force Awaken series did it? and if it did I think it was rare it been while since i play it

Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  9. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    There is dismemberment, on non humanoid aliens, droids. But human characters, no dismemberment.

And remember, this might not be up to the developers. Disney owns Star Wars, and they have final say in everything.

10. I'd also blame Disney rather than Respawn. They aim their SW franchise to kids and young teenagers now. They can't make it 18+ because of one, pretty obvious, feature.

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    [​IMG]

fantaskarsef likes this.
  12. Regarding Disney and owning franchises' / the mature topic. For years this was an issue; especially with cinema. Look how Marvel approached it long before Disney's ownership with Blade. It is still taking time for Disney to realize their disconnect from social commentary and media culture of the times. The financial success of Deadpool 1 has often been pointed to as an example that the ultra-violent flavors of mainstream franchises are as financially lucrative as not. Disney is aware, as when there is a profit in something there is an interest for them in it; this is Disney's "m.o." At some point; even Star Wars will have the darker, more mature aspects revealed by Disney whether via TV, film or gaming for a mature audience. It's only a matter of time & a market for them to squeeze more money out of.

EDIT: I wouldn't be surprised .... The Mandalorian gets gritty

13. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Disney is buying everything up and and making it formula. and they in bed with china to make it even better which would explain a ton of the stuff coming out of the mouse in recent years.

they should be looked at as a monopoly and really called out. and this unholy global alliance between western companies and their ties to foreign govts as they push vaguely anti male anti capitalistic and anti western values and make everything bland and samey? should be looked at harder beyond oh they just thought it would be a great marketing move to tell their core mostly male mostly western audience to go f themselves? coincidence?

the autist in me is saying no there. not with more stuff coming out about china bribing US and other international executives at blizzard and i would be sure it is going other places like epic and so on. they do the same to politicians and bureaucrats why would they not be using the same things to subvert western game and media companies?

and they not our friends at all.

14. *long exhale* I... .... was trying to just draw that correlation between um... why mature-themed hadn't been done before and why it likely will be but.. if I somehow alluded to all of THAT... that was not my intention.

Cause honestly @cerebus23 no offense to you; I'm not gonna touch your topic with a mile long pole. :cool:

fantaskarsef and cerebus23 like this.
  15. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    So, it's okay to have a Back To The Future computer game, where the DeLorean time travels when it hits 87 miles an hour?

16. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
  17. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    The one thing that I find curious, is how everybody "briskly jogs" when in combat... It looks so odd.

18. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Yeah true. Also I am liking the fact that the game is really based on defence rather then offense, so makes it a little more challenging. This video shows someone playing that is not very good on defence, and you can tell.

emperorsfist likes this.
  19. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    I hope the game offers a challenge. The videos look easy, but those are usually played on the lowest difficulty. It's good to see that it's closer to Jedi Knight than Force Unleashed, but I hope the story/characters won't be rancid. They've already went the "safe" way with you being yet another padawan that miraculously hasn't been riddled with blaster fire, but I have long since given up on another KOTOR2, or TIE Fighter.

serbicu likes this.
  20. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Apparently from what the guys from GameInformer said, the more you ramp up the difficulty, the more the game becomes sort of like DS type of difficulty. Now, that for me is a good thing, and you can also play at the standard difficulty, which apparently is very forgiving.

What I do want, is a good written story, very rewarding elements, and some originality. I think I maybe expecting too much though.I mean, when I think Star Wars, my mind goes directly to KOTOR and KOTOR 2 :D